main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    :greensaber: Announcement :bluesaber:

We are honored to share that Knight Pearlsaber has agreed to take The Vanguard as his padawan learner. May the Force be with you both along with the well wishes and support of all of your fellow Jedi. Please add each other to your sigs and change your rank Van. Any questions about the Trials on the OP which now serve more directly as a guide for Masters during training, don't hesitate to inquire of anyone on the Council as we continue to learn the new system together. Enjoy the journey. :ben:

TAG Pearlsaber The Vanguard

2. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Congratulations jetiise! I'll update the roster accordingly, let me know if I missed something.

3. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The Vanguard

I look forward to training you, Padawan. Step one: clear your mind. Your first task will come shortly. ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Zurros Ka

Zurros Ka Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 26, 2015
  5. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    If a Wookiee Sith of all things can get so far into our temple methinks we need a better security system.:p

And I too congratulate Pearlsaber and The Vanguard for their union as Master and Apprentice. May you long stand side by side in the light, huzzah!

6. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Could be worse, you could have allowed a Mandalorian mercenary onto your Council and put him in charge of updating your roster...

oh..wait....

Never mind.

:p

7. The Vanguard

The Vanguard Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2016
    Understood Master, my first task will be completed shortly. Pearlsaber

That's high praise Zurros Ka, I'm glad to be under his tutelage. :D

As long as they don't come crashing inside a hijacked republic shuttle with the means to destroy us, I say let them come! They could learn a thing or two :) ConservativeJedi321

8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Anedon bowed his head to his master, "Thanks, I'm honored by your approval." Respectfully he took one of his masters lightsabers. A simple blue blade.

Zurros Ka, Thanks master. :)

9. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

Its the possibility that they could learn something that Concerns me Van.:p
    If they watch us fight how can we catch them by surprise should we ever end up clashing sabers with them.:cool::greensaber:

10. CPL_Macja

CPL_Macja Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 29, 2008
    *A hunched over figure in slightly tattered brown and green robes entered*

You moved the temple on me... but my old Huntsman ways and the will of the Force led me back to the Light(er) side. :D

11. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    The old Temple was getting rather musty (well near the 1,000 page "limit" anyway :p ) so we used the chance to do a little remodeling as well. Good to see you here though.

ConservativeJedi321 likes this.
  12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Welcome Grand Master CPL_Macja, it is good to formally meet you at last.
    *Bows*

The Vanguard and Bardan_Jusik like this.
  13. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003

puts hand over nose and mouth....

Hey Mac......um....you need a bath mate.

14. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    *Watches an old figure, full of the force, enter the Temple with a puzzled yet assured face*
    Greetings Master Jedi CPL_Macja - it is an honor to meet you.*bows*

*Looks over to Semajj*
    Just because they will see us fight, doesn't mean we can't catch them by surprise ;) ConservativeJedi321

15. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016

I'm actually more interested in seeing how my master is going to deal with the intruder then I am about the outcome of our spar.:p

16. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
  17. The Vanguard

Apr 12, 2016
    (I apologize for the double post o_O)
    Fulfilling my assignment, I will give a brief description of the first five lightsaber forms, along with mentionable users and their strengths/weaknesses.
    *Heads into the Temple Library*

Shii-Cho
    The first form of lightsaber combat was developed early on in Jedi history, before the first lightsaber. It is the oldest and most basic combat form a Jedi can learn. Focusing on disarmament rather than killing, Shii-Cho was consistent with Jedi teachings. Those who master this form bring a variety of maneuvers that appear random and uncalculated, to which the user benefits from the unpredictability. This form requires it's users to constantly keep their motives in check, as it was very easy to use this form in a lethal manner. A weakness attached to this form is poor skill in deflecting blaster bolts. Noteworthy users: Meetra Surik, Lucien Draay, Kit Fisto.

Makashi
    The second form of lightsaber combat highly favored the use of a single lightsaber. Users of this form had elegant movements and excellent footwork, always keeping balance at the forefront during combat. Always keeping the opponent in check, this form is excellent against a single opponent. This form is weak against multiple opponents, force attacks, and blaster fire. Noteworthy user: Count Dooku.

Soresu
    Form three was developed in response to the weaknesses that were inherent to the first two forms. Hailed as the Stonewall Defense form, Soresu was an incredible form that required it's user to have a calm center. Paired with quick and subtle maneuvers, this form was incredibly effective against multiple opponents and blaster fire. A weakness of this form would be that it has a limited offense. Noteworthy users: Obi-Wan Kenobi, Darth Zannah

Ataru
    The fourth form of lightsaber combat is known as an aggressive combat style. Also created out of response to a prior form, Ataru was developed to answer for the lack of offense that Soresu possessed. Users of this form are adept to acrobatics which warrants peak physical shape to be fully used. As Yoda would note, this form wasn't just about using a lightsaber as a weapon, but using ones body in whole as a weapon. Ataru is very effective against a single opponent, conversely it is weak against multiple opponents. Noteworthy users: Yoda, Revan, Qui-Gon Jinn, Kas'im

Djem So/Shien
    The fifth lightsaber combat form is also an aggressive form, tapping into the users strength for an advantage. This form is also strong in counter-attacks and using an opponent's attacks against them. Out of the five, this form is the most physically demanding. Caution must be taken if a Jedi is to learn this form, because like Shii-Cho it can lend to the primal temptations of the dark side. Noteworthy users: Anakin Skywalker, Darth Bane.

I am at a loss to which form I should seek to train under, what form do you suggest Master? Pearlsaber

18. Pearlsaber

Pearlsaber Jedi Master star 4

Jan 29, 2013
    The Vanguard

Well done, Padawan. I see you are learning quickly and eager to learn more. Lightsaber combat is never a Jedi's primary choice of negotiation, although it is necessary at times to preserve peace in the galaxy. You have done well. I award you 5 Force Points.

If you are still unclear about which form of you would like to learn, perhaps the answer will come to you as we continue your training. The answers you provide throughout our time together will reveal much about how you will handle a lightsaber.

For your second mission, I would like you to list the pillars of the Jedi and specifically explain what each one means to you. Feel free to provide examples of how other Jedi have applied them throughout time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

19. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    The padawans are starting to put on quite the sparring display over in the RPF Dueling Thread for those who want to peek in and take a look.
    Your Masters will undoubtedly be pleased. ;)

20. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    We do our best Master.:)

21. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    Was away for most of the week dealing with clan Taab business but I have now returned. The Roster has been updated but if I missed something let me know.

22. Ananta Chetan

Aug 11, 2013
    That means bellies filled and bounties collected? :boba:

:p

23. Runjedirun

Runjedirun Force Ghost star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    I confess I got no idea what I'm doing with SW. I'm just playing this out as I wish I did things in RL, which means I could be walking you into a whole lot more than some laser security thingies. I'll give you all a few days to post first. Or think of someway to take them down. I know one thing Kambie is not going to do is admit she's wrong. Not easily anyway ;)

Hoping this is okay to post, I really have no clue what we are doing in this game, seems kinda like we should hash it out some [face_dunno]

24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Star Wars is my outlet, escape from the troubles of RL. I wish it could be real sometimes, but it is what it is.:)

25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    It's all an escape from real life, but running into problems and then overcoming them is half the fun in RPing. No matter what y'all did you were bound to run into something, otherwise it would be a very boring walk and an even more boring game. :p I have faith in your group that you'll find a way past the security screen. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.