main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub **Guardians of Light: The EUC Jedi ~ ~ Close Your Eyes... Feel It... the Light. ~ ~**

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Bardan_Jusik, Aug 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Hey guys
    I´m on this boards for a while now and I´ve left the Sith order to become a Jedi.
    So I want to join the gaurdians of the light, I hope you will accept me into your ranks.

2. ConservativeJedi321

ConservativeJedi321 Force Ghost star 6

Mar 19, 2016
    I am but a Padawan but I wish to be the first to great you Anedon.
    It is Good that you have "Seen the light' so to speak.:p
    I'm sure a Master will be by shortly to offer a more formal response.

Mikaboshi and Anedon like this.
  3. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
  4. Mitth_Fisto

Mitth_Fisto Chosen One star 6

Sep 29, 2005
    Welcome Anedon! A pleasure to see you here. For the first couple of weeks we like you to just participate, start discussions, weigh in and what have you. As you do we will award you points until it is time for you to move on up to the east side rank of Padawan. We will give a few questions and other stuff directed at you that will be chances for those few points as well. So no worries ;)

First question is the same no matter the road that has led you here, Why do you want to be a Jedi?

5. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks Mitth_Fisto :)

I came here to use my powers to help, instead of to destroy. I want to learn protecting the people around me and to end conflicts peacefully. I search for wisdom instead of power and I hope to make the galaxy a better place through my actions.
    I want to serve the light.

6. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    Anedon, noble reasons indeed. You've certainly come to the right place here. ;)

7. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
  8. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Glad you like the temple, its new.:p

Mikaboshi and Anedon like this.
  9. Adalia-Durron

Adalia-Durron WNU/Costume/Props/EUC Mod. star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jun 3, 2003
    And shiny, don't forget the shiny!!!!:p

10. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    Now that we know why you want to be a Jedi. Very good reasoning by the way ;) What about the code? Break it down for us. You have a unique insight into it and I look forward to hearing your thoughts on any or all versions Anedon

11. galactic-vagabond422

galactic-vagabond422 Force Ghost star 4

Jul 11, 2009
    Mediation Garden

Another smile grew on the human's face, this was good, and some of the tension lifted from him. He'd worried there'd be nothing to teach this padawan. Though seeing his loss in confidence worried him a little. There were going to be stumbles along the way but, one mustn't let it keep them down.

"I feel you have learned from this lesson and reward you with 5 force points."

Current Force Points: 35

He took another sip of his tea. "Now I'd like to come back around to something you mentioned earlier. That conflict itself is the primary cause of chaos. As you know there are many types of conflict and there is not always a good side."

"Say you are part of a delegation to an independent planet that has been racked by a civil war. The delegation is ostensibly there to bring peace to the planet."

"There are three groups other than the delegation at the table.

"First there is the Regular Military, that is in full control of the government and has instituted martial law. They do not do this out of malice, it is only to keep things calm."

"Second is the Rebels who control about twenty percent of the planet. While they say they want to bring democracy back to the planet, they are fractured, only united by a common foe. Once that foe is gone, they will begin bickering about who should be in charge, who should control what, and all while this is happening the government does not function. Leaving only being's better nature to govern."

"And lastly, there is the deposed government living in exile. This administration was democratically elected by the people but, had become corrupted. Giving contracts to friends, massive mismanagement, and economic policies that favored the wealthy, leading to a massive disparity between the rich and the poor. On the other hand, this administration brought this planet into a more modern age, upgrading the infrastructure and improving overall literacy."

"While these groups cannot agree on anything, they all do agree on one thing. They do not want to become part of the Republic. They have been independent for some time and the parties just want a settlement to the fighting that has claimed many lives. And seek the guidance of the Jedi."

"So my padawan, how do you approach this problem?"

ConservativeJedi321

12. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Meditation Garden
    Carefully the Young Jedi thought on the issue. He took a moment to take a sip of the tea cup in front of him, still nearly full. Every conflict in unique, every side worthy of recognition. He broadened his shoulders and sat strait up, answering his masters question without hesitation.

"First Master, I would under no circumstances take a side. It is important that all parties be heard equally. Some may feel they are being disproportionally targeted, but that is the natural sense when one is afraid of being singled out. I would be respectful to all beings present, and work towards a compromise. Depending on the severity of the conflict such compromise may not be so simple, or easy to obtain, but it must be possible.

I would carefully tread around the negotiations to begin with, perhaps play with some small talk between the delegates, impatience by some might be likely, but their is a method to my madness. The goal would of course be to let them see each other as sentience first and foremost. Discuss grandchildren, their hopes, dreams, what is their goal for their world? In most cases all will say similar things, they want to improve the quality of life, they want their people to be happy.

From there we would carefully weed into actual discussion and compromise. We would need to see the facts of the case, what has worked in the past? How does their culture indicate their people might respond to certain actions? What of other worlds that have gone through similar trouble, what did they do to fix it?

Hopefully by now most heads would have cooled, and they might look at things rationally. But we can always back tread if we must. In the end we will discuss implementing a strategy that is satisfactory to all, perhaps not everyone got exactly what they want, but they are if nothing else content that their world is in good hands. I would of course stay for as long as necessary to ensure that the deal was implemented fairly and properly."

galactic-vagabond422

13. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    My task was to break down the Jedi code and describe what I think about it so I decided to go line by line first:

There is no emotion, there is peace.
    A Jedi should never let his or her emotions judge him or her, instead a Jedi should be at peace with himself and the world surrounding him. Someone who acts out of emotions isn´t foucsed and will probably hurt others during it. Someone who acts out of hate only produces even more hate and pain to those surrounding him. Someone who is a afraid might make great mistakes. Great Jedi have fallen into the darkness because of their love for people close to them.
    There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
    Not knowing about something produces fear of said thing and fear might lead to anger and hatred. A Jedi should always try to understand to learn. They should find out about their opponents motives, instead of juding them without knowing them. Understanding somone elses motives can help making peace with him. In knowledge lays wisdom. Jedi must be more than just fighters, they goal should be to end the fighting altogether.
    There is no passion, there is serenity.
    Passion can be dangerous, as it can lead to desparation and frustration which are ways into the darkness. A Jedi should always keep a clear mind and not let himself be controled by his emotions. Instead he should meditate and relfect about the things happening around him. Also he should try to appease conflicting persons around him
    There is no death, there is the Force.
    The force is everywhere and everything but mostly its life. When a Jedi dies he becomes one with the force his mind leaves his body but it becomes part of the force, part of everything. He is still around in a way and sometimes he can even speak to other Jedi. So death isn´t the end its the beginning of something new. A Jedi should not be afraid of death but instead accept it.

I think in the end the code is about being at peace and trying to bring peace to those around you. Its the duty of a Jedi and the piviledge, a Jedi wants not to destroy or dominate the galaxy like a Sith would desire. He would instead help the people in it being mostly passive instead of agressive. A Jedi wants to learn, to heal to protect, to understand.

14. Bardan_Jusik

Bardan_Jusik Former Manager star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2009
    Sorry for the lateness of it, but I updated ConservativeJedi321's point total in the OP to reflect his current status.

Also on the RPG front, I am looking to update the game tomorrow so if you haven't posted since my last update (and you know who you are :p ) you've got until then to get something posted if you wanted to.

15. Mitth_Fisto

Sep 29, 2005
    I plan on getting a post up tonight Bardan ;)

Very good Anedon! Now for something a little different. Questions have you? Thoughts? Odd parts of the new path you have chosen you merely wish to voice? Please ask or share. This will also be an opportunity for others to get points by talking with you and sharing their insights.

16. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    Hi all, how ya doin?

Mitth_Fisto, Mikaboshi and Anedon like this.
  17. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    I´m doing well ConservativeJedi321 Thanks :)

Thanks Mitth_Fisto Well I´m glad to be here now. I disliked the whole Sith behavoir so I came to the Jedi. I always prefered the Jedi above the Sith in SW.
    I have indeed a few questions.
    Is there any difference between the guardians of the light and the Jedi order? Are we closer to the new or the old order in our belives and rules?

18. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    We are a splinter group of the new jedi order.
    We even have a wiki about it, its on the first page if you'd like to get more detail.:D
    Basically we came around prior to the events of the Legacy comics in protest of the Vongformation which we found counter to the will of the force.
    Perhaps a Master might explain it better than I could, but that's the gist of it.

19. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013
    :luke: Welcome to the GoL Anedon :greensaber:

Whose your favorite Jedi currently and can you share an anecdote IRL where they have served to inspire you? Humor and creativity merits bonus points. :p

20. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
    Thanks Ananta Chetan
    Well my favourite Jedi is without question Jacen Solo, I mostly tend to ignore the things happening after NJO. Or at least imagine them different.
    He has in fact inspired me a few times in real life.For example I read NJO as a teenager and when Jacen started to reflect his actions and rethink them I started to do the same and became more mature.
    But for an anecdote I have to admit I tried to get the attention of my first girlfriend using the same method Jacen did. Jokes, we had barely spoken with each other before but I somehow came to sit beside her in class. She mostly ignored me so I told her jokes to win her attention, and some of this jokes were bad, really bad. I'm too emberassed to tell most of them here. I guess I've really emberassed me several times with them but I had the feeling she liked my jokes so I continued. Aside from the jokes we talked a bit about ourselfes and when we had to work on a project in groups and she agreed to work with me.
    I think we really got friends when I finally stopped making this jokes and became more serious. She later admitted she quiet liked some of the jokes though and looked forward to hear newer ones when we had class together.
    But yeah for a time I really acted immature around her and that got me her attention after being more quiet before.
    One could say Jacen inspired me to become more confident and speak to new people.

21. Ananta Chetan

Ananta Chetan Force Ghost star 5

Aug 11, 2013

Well done. Award yourself the maximum of 5 Force Points for your reply.

You can also make a GoL signature indicating your initiate rank and displaying your ongoing updated point total. Feel free to look at some of the posts above at the sigs of other members for inspiration and as always, if you have questions, don't hesitate to ask. ;)

22. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    I've updated the OP/Roster to reflect Anedon's Initiate status and current Force Point total. If I've missed anything, with Anedon or anyone else, please let me know.

23. Mira Grau

May 11, 2016
  24. ConservativeJedi321

Mar 19, 2016
    I'm wondering, did the Masters and Bardan ever figure out the force points of everyone else?[face_thinking]
    Currently only me and Anedon are the only one's with visible force points on the roster and I'm just curious.

Mikaboshi, Anedon and Sinrebirth like this.
  25. Bardan_Jusik

Dec 14, 2009
    We're working on it, it's a slow going process though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.