main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Guarding Who?! Post-NJO Jaina/Jag fic - Author Question 11/30/16

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jaina_Solo_15, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Jaina_Solo_15

Jaina_Solo_15 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 5, 2002
    skywalkerlover00: awesome job. I really liked the ending to this.

Thank you! :D I really enjoyed writing it.

WynssaStarflare: Finally.... Those two are too stubborn :p

Aren't they, though? I certainly didn't expect for it to take this long for these two to get together! :D

Inara: There is a big stupid grin on my face after reading this update.

I love that she gave up the Order for Jag and stayed with him. And even Soontir is grudgingly accepting it. happy

:D Soontir just isn't a mushy kind of guy, but he does respect and trust Jaina by this point. He trust her with his life and his families life, and I don't think Soontir gives any higher praise.

I am sad to see this story end - it's one of my favorite J/J fics out there, so I hope you do more with them. I like how you write their relationship - it's so refreshing equal - no one is giving up more than the other, and both are equally important.

As much as I'm looking forward to the epilogue, I'm also not, because that means it will be over. :_|

I don't intend to stop writing J/J. I've got New Beginnings going right now, and I seem to keep coming up with more plot bunnies, so I don't think I'll stop writing any time soon hopefully. *knocks on wood*

oldjedinurse: Wonderful ending! love

Anything could be in the Epilogue, so I'm looking forward to that, too!

Hopefully the epilogue will tie things up pretty well. :D

mastermeg_0228: aww this was amazing. applause applause applause applause i can't wait for the epilogue!!!!!!
    it's sort of bittersweet though. good because we get more and a resolution but sad because it's the end and no more afterwards

I know the feeling. I think I'm going to miss writing this fic too. I grew pretty fond of this Jaina and Jag. :D

_sticks: grest post.

Thank you! :D

Corrin_Horn: They stay together!!!!!!!!!!
    There is a rather large and dopey grin on my face at the moment... dancing
    great post!!!!

Yay, I'm glad you enjoyed it! I had a lot of fun writing this post! :D

2. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    Epilogue

Three years later

?This is horrible,? Jaina spat. Their quarters seemed smaller than they had the night before. Jaina tripped on a pair of Jag?s boots and swore. ?Hutt slime!? The offending footwear received a sharp kick in the direction of the bed.

?Jagged, hurry up,? Jaina called out for the third time as she dashed past the door to the ?fresher. It had taken him less time to use the special treatment to effectively disguise his appearance for the mission to Tre?fel.

Jaina surveyed her own appearance in the mirror. She wore the formal uniform of a CEDF pilot. The only difference being that her uniform bore no rank or insignia save for a twin sun clasp that was pinned to her collar. It was a unique design that caught the eye of all who saw it. To those in the Unknown Regions it stated exactly who and what she was.

Her hair was pulled back neatly into a single braid. It was a serviceable, but tasteful style that Jaina hoped sent the message that she had intended ? formal, but clearly sending the message that she meant business. The only change in her appearance in the past three years, that she noted was the still new pink scar tissue that ran across her cheek and into her hairline. She only hoped it didn?t turn her hair white. She didn?t think it would look as dignified on her as it had on Jag.

Satisfied or at least mollified about her present appearance, Jaina turned away from the mirror and stalked towards the ?fresher. Jag still wasn?t out yet. Jaina found him struggling to pin the final medal onto his uniform from an awkward angle.

His irritation gave way and she sighed. ?Let me.? She stepped in front of him and pushed his hands away. It only took her a moment of pushing and prodding to fix it properly. She glanced up at him as she scooped her lightsaber up from the countertop clipped it onto her belt.

?Are we ready??

Jag caught her hand and pulled her back to him. ?Not yet?.Have I told you how much I love you today, Goddess,? he asked, bending to trail kisses down her neck, still left bare by her collar.

?Mmm,? she moaned softly, ?Jag...We can?t be late.? Her words were half-hearted though as she tugged his chin up so that she could kiss him.

It was at a half-jog that they approached the entrance to the receiving bay aboard the Csillian frigate [i]Intimidator[/i]. They both slowed to a walk, aware that every eye would be on them, as it had been for the past three years. A former Jedi marrying the son of an Assistant Syndic still turned heads and raised eyebrows.

Together they strode up to the first line of figures. Impulsively Jaina reached over and squeezed Jag?s hand before letting him go and threading her way through the front row of people.

She brushed past Soontir.

?Aren?t you running a bit late, Solo??

She ignored the heat that crept up her neck and flushed her cheeks, and met his gaze. ?I?m in time, Soontir.?

?That you are,? he agreed with a jovial nod.

?And that?s Solo-Fel, you know,? she added as she slipped away. Despite herself, Jaina was grateful for his teasing. It allowed her to forget for a moment why she was so nervous.

Jaina reached her position a meter in front of the gathered people and pivoted to stand perpendicular to them. She caught a glimpse of Jag at the far end of the line and was forced to smother a smile. Unconsciously she played with the slender platinum band that she wore on the hand that was tucked behind her back. Whatever regrets she had, her marriage would never be one of them.

As the shuttle entered the receiving bay and began to set down, Jaina straightened to attention. She waited as it slowly began to power down and then finally its ramp began to lower.

A man descended first, and Jaina couldn?t contain her grin. He strode down off of the ramp and towards the waiting delegation. He hesitated in front of Jaina.

?I hear that congratulations are in order, Neice.?

Jaina?s grin broadened. ?They are,? she said with a wide smile.

3. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
  4. mastermeg_0228

mastermeg_0228 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2006
    aww that was awesome.
    it was so sweet, and i loved it. great ending and i can't wait for more for New Beginings!
    good job=D= =D= =D= =D= =D=

meg

5. princess_melissa

princess_melissa Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    =D=Wonderful ending! You rounded everything off perfectly.

?Aren?t you running a bit late, Solo??
    ?I?m in time, Soontir... And that?s Solo-Fel, you know"

[face_laugh] Love that little exchange.

?And I?ll be guarding who??
    I like that you added in that little line too. It was a nice touch.

=D= Very good job all the way through. I've enjoyed this from the start (even though I wasn't a J/Jer then) and then after you converted me (and really it was this story that converted me) it just got better. I look foward to reading more of your stories. Keep up the good writing.

6. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    =D= Lovely chapter! [face_love] That's just great. I'm just sad that this story ends now. But wonderful story, you did a phantastic job! [:D]

7. skywalkerlover00

skywalkerlover00 Jedi Master star 4

May 7, 2005
    =D= =D= =D= =D=

very good job on this epilogue.

8. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Great ending!! Well done :)

9. BottledUpInside

BottledUpInside Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 28, 2005
    Its official...I lost this story a long long time ago.:_| But I'm really glad I found it again!:p Absolutely stunning job!!!!!=D=

~Jen~

10. Jaina_Solo_15

Dec 5, 2002
    I know this is a veeeeeeeeery long shot, but does anyone have a copy of this fic saved somewhere? I wrote it a very long time ago, lost access to a couple of email accounts and now this is the only place I had it posted in full. I'd dearly love to be able to retrieve it. I've tried the Wayback Machine but so far it only has bits and pieces, not the whole thing.

11. Exploded-Girl

Exploded-Girl Jedi Master star 2

Oct 12, 2004
    Oh, man. I hope you find someone that has it. I remember this from so long ago, and I love going back and rereading all of these blasts from the past. Something that the damn forum move a few years back abruptly halted. *grumblegrumble* I lost most of my stuff too.

Also, because I think I lost track of this or pulled away from the boards before I could finish reading it ('cause I certainly don't remember that bit of epilogue I can see). But it is super awesome to see all these usernames from '02-'05 again. Like seeing old friends!

~Kelsey