main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Montréal guess I wont be taking the bus anymore

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by beezel26, Aug 30, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    I don't know if you have heard of this but a few days ago a greyhound bus went off the road a few miles north of Saratoga and killed five people.

Needless to say its the same bus line I took back in May to see you guys.

Kinda scares me a bit. Not sure if I want to take the bus upto Montreal again.

2. GoddessJainaSoloFel

GoddessJainaSoloFel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 18, 2004
    Yeah I read about it and saw it on the news. Some of the injured were transfered to Montreal for medical treatment. I can understand your concerns but it's like flying...the chance that you'll actually be on the plane or bus that has an accident is minimal. No reason to be scared to do something. No harm in being cautious though. :)

3. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    If I said that about everytime there was a train crash in the UK I would never go anywhere ;)

There's no point worrying about something that may or may not happen as that is just paranoia and you might as well lock yourself up in a room for the rest of your life.

4. Obi-Wan_Toddi

Obi-Wan_Toddi Former SAFF CR star 6

Feb 7, 2005
    If I said that about everytime there was a redback spider in me toilet, I'd never go again! :p

The nett result being a visit to Goddess at the hospital. Hmmm, actually that doesn't sound too bad! Especially if there's sponges involved! [face_mischief]

*runs off to find a redback spider wrangler*

5. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    [face_laugh] Good one Toddi!!!! I'd be careful if I were you. You might scare me off from going to Australia if you talk too much about the scary spiders you guys have! [face_worried] In any case who says I'll take care of you if you are foolish enough to get bitten by one of the beasts in your bathroom? Perhaps I'll just toss the sponge at you and get you to do it yourself!?! As a nurse I am supposed to promote autonomy ;)

6. beezel26

beezel26 Jedi Master star 7

May 11, 2003
    seems to be an update on the bus,

The driver was listening to headfones, talking on the cellphone and still managed to fall asleep to cause the accident.

Is this what these drivers do at night when making the trip to Montreal. jesus.

7. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    I thought that is why there were so many Timmy's.

So they could stop every 20 mins to get some coffee *shrugs*

8. GoddessJainaSoloFel

Nov 18, 2004
    Amber the bus went off the road on the US side. There aren't Timmy's there. ;) He fell alseep before he could cross the border and get to one ;)

9. AmberStarbright

Dec 20, 2002
    Starbucks then ;)

Although they are rather ridiculously priced.....hmmm McDonalds? I know the US has one on every corner almost :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.