main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Guess The Donald's Resignation Date

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Punk , Feb 1, 2017.

1. Malthael

Malthael Jedi Master star 1

Sep 27, 2012
    The crazy thing is, that might actually happen. Trump isn't particularly popular with either Democrats or Republicans right now. The only difference is that Dems almost universally despise him, while he's created quite the rift in the GOP.

It's been many moons since a sitting president failed to win his party's nomination for a second term. I know it's happened before, probably close to 200 years ago.

***just looked it up. It was Franklin Pierce. He's the only previously-elected Prez who lost in the primaries. A couple of others failed to secure their respective party's nominations, but they were initially VP's of deceased presidents who ascended to the White House without being actually elected.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  2. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    September 1,2017.

3. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013

4. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    That's my date for the goat to burn!

What a day it could be.

5. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000

SuperWatto and Darth Punk like this.
  6. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    [​IMG]

Rew likes this.
  7. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    30 seconds after he fires off all the nukes at everyone.

8. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    ^:)^

9. SithSense

SithSense Force Ghost star 4

Sep 29, 2002
    Probably never, and here's why: in order to resign any job, one must actually possess enough self-reflection and testicular fortitude to actually see past one's own nose.

Corrupt as he was, Richard Nixon actually realized that once his involvement with CREEP's (Committee to Re-Elect the President, as opposed to Donald Trump, who is just a creep) break-in at the DNC's Watergate Hotel office, that he would be impeached, found guilty, and removed from office anyway. So, he did the respectable thing and simply resigned, thus sparing the country and the world the spectacle of a sitting President being tried and ousted.

In contrast, I would say that Trump may actually WANT to be impeached because it means he can go back into campaign-mode. The cameras would be on him as he delivers his testimony, and that would give him ample time to make as many zingers and one-liners as possible.
    It also wouldn't surprise me if he did the exact same thing to the Senate what he did to Hillary during the debates....counter every point they make with nonsense and start dubbing individuals as "Lyin" or "Crooked", repeating it so often that his most ardent supporters would start parroting it like the 'Animal Farm' sheep and rally outside the Capitol for him.

10. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I had not thought about Trump potentially wanting to be impeached so that he could have another platform for his mania. That would not surprise me.

I agree that he won’t resign. Nixon, for all that was wrong with him, actually gave a modicum of crap about the country and had enough self-awareness to know that he had ****ed up, as opposed to blaming everyone from liberals, Democrats, CNN, women, people of color, and the Washington Nationals for his problems.

Alpha-Red likes this.
  11. Luke02

Luke02 Chosen One star 6

Sep 19, 2002

That is because Nixon was a geopolitical giant instead of Trump who I honestly wonder if he could pass a junior high geography test. Then again Richard for all his insanity and craziness in the end put the country first when it became clear he was going to be impeached and simply resigned from the presidency leaving quietly for California. My hope is Trump will do the same when The comes and simply enjoy his Golden Tower *snickers* for the rest of his life but I doubt it. Frankly a few of my former colleagues who know work in DC say there is a growing feeling that Trump is so unhinged that we could be facing the first standoff at the WH in presidential history. Like I tell my students, America is about the only country you will find that has had 46 peaceful transitions of power from one person to the next (even if that person was regrettably killed). I get the feeling Trump might be the first one to honestly challenge that. Like I said on another thread, his children even admit privately that their father’s first and only true priority in life is himself. EVERYTHING else plays second fiddle.

As for resignation day when it comes to Donald potentially, I am clueless but I am sticking with December 23rd as Saturday Night Massacre with Trump trying to fire Mueller. It will be quiet in Washington DC as everyone will be gone for the holidays (including Trump) and nobody will be paying attention.

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    is there a date we have to get our guess in by?

13. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Yes, the day before it happens*.

*It's not happening.

Rylo Ken likes this.
  14. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005

Doomsday, when he blows us all to kingdom come?

Master_Rebado likes this.
  15. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Trump will announce his resignation in a tweet on January 20th, 2018 stating he's done more in one year than any president has ever done in their entire career so there's no reason for him to finish out his term. #MadeAmericaGreatAgain!

16. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Before your grandchildren are old enough to hear the story of how naive you were to think it would end so easily.

17. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Damn it, I've been waiting to use that line myself, and I've waited too long :(

18. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
  19. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Read that myself a bit ago. Makes me wonder who would run in his place? Pence?

20. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Ivanka :p

21. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    *****11 AVAILABLE DATES*****

jp-30 and Pensivia like this.
  22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Driven to the depths of despair by his lack of access to Twitter, he forgets to swallow his Diet Coke properly and inadvertently drowns himself on January 14.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  23. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    9th
    10th
    11th
    12th
    13th
    14th Ramza
    15th
    16th
    17th
    18th
    19th

24. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    @Darth Punk I’ll go for Big Mac induced heart attack on the 15th.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2021
  25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    9th
    10th
    11th
    12th
    13th
    14th Ramza
    15th Chancellor Ewok
    16th