main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guess the Episode III Poster!

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by DarthMaul13, Aug 20, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    So far we have...

Episode 1

[image=http://images.allposters.com/images/130/009_221-030.jpg]

Episode 2

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Episode_2/Posters/aotc-poster-tos.jpg]

Episode 4

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Posters/A_New_Hope/swsepos.jpg]

Episode 5

[image=http://www.theforce.net/multimedia/archive/Images/Classic_Trilogy/Posters/The_Empire_Strikes_Back/swse-4.jpg]

Episode 6

[image=http://images.allposters.com/images/130/009_422-039.jpg]

So what do you think the Episode 3 poster will look like? Who will be on it? Maybe we can have people design what they think the Episode 3 poster looks like.

2. DarthMaul13

DarthMaul13 Jedi Youngling star 4

Nov 26, 1998
    Damn, it took 4 edits to get those pics to work...hehe.

3. StarDude

StarDude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 28, 2001
    At the very top, near the center, have a huge pic of Sidious. Near the center of the poster, right above the title, have a shadows of Anakin and Obi-Wan dueling (like the RotJ poster). On opposite sides of the poster, have medium size pics of Padme and Yoda. Then near the bottom, under and around the logo, have militia (TIEs, clones, etc). Oh, and slightly near the top, right under Sidious but above Obi-Wan and Anakin, have Dooku. There should also be something on the poster signifying hope. Perhaps Luke?

The colors would be many. Near the center of the poster, it would be a blackish blue color. On padme's side of the poster, it would be a deep moroon/red color. On Yoda's side, have it be a dark green color. Near the top, where Dooku and Sidious are. Have it a dark purple or almost black. Underneath and around the logo, have it blend from a solid blue to a solid orange.

4. DarthMak

DarthMak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 4, 2001
    Here's how I want it.

The whole background should be a Vader mask. I know a lot of people don't want Vader to be overadvertised, but frankly, I do.

In the center above the logo, have Anakin and Obi-Wan dueling.

The top left corner should have Dooku and Sidious looking down towards the fight smiling.

The top right should show a worried Padme holding an infant Luke.

The bottom should show stormtroopers marching with Yoda's head behind them. He has a sad look on his face.

5. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    One thing that I do agree with, the appearence of Vader, but I think it should be in a slightly different manner. Have the background of the whole poster slightly outline Vader's helmet using shading and coloring techniques. It would be subtle but very foreshadowing, very powerful.

As for the teaser, I think it should all be dark. Have a Anakin where it's so dark that we can't make out anything of him except for his shape (Almost like a shadow). He should be projecting a shadow of Vader. The light causing the shadow off of the invisible Anakin is illuminated by a deep red light. Kinda confusing to write in words.

Anyway, I think red should be the color and mood of Ep.3 (much like in the Sixth Sense). It shows passion, darkness, rage, and deep emotion. I think it should be represented in Ep.3.

6. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    If anyone remembers the non-SE OT posters, they all featured Vader's mask looming in the background over his children in the foreground. I would really like to see that theme come back for the E3 poster. A dramatic poster like the original ESB poster could well be more effective than an action-packed one.

7. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    I agree to a certain degree. I most certainly don't want an action-packed theme on the poster. That was awesome for Ep.2 because it showed the theme - ACTION, ROMANCE and the genesis of war, but for Ep.3 I want something dramatic. The themes and mood of the movie should be represented on the peoples' expressions and not the action.

8. StarDude

Nov 28, 2001
    I like the tag-lines

"The End of the Beginning ...
    The Beginning of the End."

And

"The End is Only the Beginning."

9. JEDI-ANAKIN

JEDI-ANAKIN Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 20, 2002
    I think that where Darth mauls head is on TPM poster there will be half Vaders helmet and half Anakins near the bottom right there will be Padma holding Leia and on the bottom Left it will show Obi-Wan holding a baby out to Owen Lars and Veru. In the middle it will show Anakin and Obi-Wan fighting and thats what i think it will look like. If you think so as well type a Smily face and if you dont put a sad face.

10. Vaderbait

Vaderbait Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 26, 2001
    My guess for the theatrical poster:

Overall color will be a lighter red (it seems they want to go all orange-red for the PT), even though I think it SHOULD be dark blue or purple or black.

Obi-Wan and Anakin should be near each other, the same size, either facing each other or backs to each other (ala AOTC teaser), a Republic Star Destroyer should be seen, as well as gunships or whatever neat spaceships they devise for III. Padme should be smaller off to the side of Anakin. Palpatine and Dooku should be on opposite sides of the poster, but looking towards each other. Something subtle to suggest they're allegiance.

And the tagline "The end is only the beginning". Seeing as how, it is the end, but it's the beginning, you know? :p

11. Knightflyer

Knightflyer Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 8, 2000
    You really have to look at the general themes of the PT posters. Both TPM and AOTC have a character standing in the front (Anakin in TPM, Jango Fett in AOTC), so for Ep.3, I think that they should have Padme showing her pregnancy. For AOTC, they showed Anakin and Padme in a romantic situation, so show Anakin and Obi-Wan in a more dramatic situation. Anakin should have a look of anger on his face, while Obi-Wan should have a look of sadness. Yoda and Mace should both be on it, each on opposite ends, bowing their heads. Also, we should see Bail Organa in about the same position as Amidala in TPM. On the top, we should see Sidious and Dooku, side-by-side. Finally, an outline of Darth Vader's helmet should surround the poster.

12. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    One thing that is constant throughout EP 4,5,6 posters is starships, in EP 1,2 it is Obi-Wans lightsaber, I think that there will be Obi-Wan's lightsaber on the third one. I think it will also have the Obi-Wan duel with Anakin, like the one on EP6 poster between Luke and Vader.

13. Scruffy-looking

Scruffy-looking Jedi Youngling star 3

May 26, 2002
    I like the ideas presented here, but I don't think the poster should give away crucial plot points (the duel, the pregnancy, Vader), so here's my idea:

Anakin is at the center, looking very angry. A shadowy image of Sidious is just above him. In the upper left corner is Yoda, contemplative. In the upper right corner is Mace, w/light saber. In the lower left are the droids, in the lower right are Imperial-era spaceships (Star Destroyers, TIE fighters).

Right next to Anakin are Obi-Wan and Padme. Obi-Wan is just below to the left, Padme just below to the right. Both of them are facing away from him, and look extremely sad. Now, I like the idea that Obi-Wan should have a lightsaber, but I can't think of a way to fit it into my ideas! :)

As a side note, the ESB poster is interesting--no Han, Luke or Leia at all! I hope they don't recycle images from the other movies like they did w/that RotJ poster either.

Ahh, I can't wait any longer! :_|

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.