main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guess the next outlandishly-named character on The Clone Wars

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by mighty_mouse_droid, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mighty_mouse_droid

mighty_mouse_droid Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2010

Finally back on track.

Here are some of mine:

General Ri Taard (or Muss Taard, whichever you prefer)
    Gans Fo Hyre
    Bit Schlap
    Tuf Gui
    Dysk Joky
    Saur Pu Dyng

2. Gry Sarth

Gry Sarth Ex 2x Banhammer Wielding Besalisk Mod star 5

Jun 24, 1999
    Right, yeah. Although TCW did give us plenty of good names we have nothing to complain about: Ahsoka Tano, Nuvo Vindi (the name, not the character), Cham Syndulla, Nahdar Vebb (even though Nadar means "to swim" in portuguese), Numa, Bolla Ropal, Mar Tuuk...

And I think this thread can serve a dual purpose, both the humorous creation of silly names, and the more serious discussion of names in TCW. One sort of balancing the other out.

3. mighty_mouse_droid

Apr 11, 2010
    Funny you mention that. Cham Syndulla is, in my opinion, the best name we've heard on TCW to date.

4. StampidHD280pro

StampidHD280pro Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 28, 2005
    The name Luke Skywalker absolutely reflects the character.
    Luke=Light=Light saber=Light Side
    Skywalker=The Sun=The Son=Son of a great star pilot, or Sky Walker...

Doesn't Savage Opress come from a world where women are the keepers of men? Where men are considered savages to be opressed? We shall see...

5. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    Well, at least you have to create a whole analysis for "Luke Skywalker" and "Darth Vader". Of course the names have meanings built-in, nothing wrong with that. But with Randy, the meaning is right there, spelled out. He's Dr. Evil.

6. Lugija

Lugija Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 3, 2009
    This is one of the good things with being non-nativean gives. I know what words like savage and oppress mean, but in the character names I just handle them as line of letters. And you have to admit that letters "vage" and "ppress" give a certain kind of image when you say them. In Finnish, Darth Goldie's name is Raakalainen Sortaa. I don't know what would I have thought about the name if it had been in Finnish, I haven't yet seen any name in GFFA that has had any meaning in Finnish. In subtitles no character name is translated, so we have general Grievous (it could be Hirveä, but it isn't) like you.

7. SW_Rogue_7

SW_Rogue_7 Jedi Knight

Aug 15, 2010
    Tano isn't that bad, Grievous for a villain is blatantly much worse. Why do droids need a General anyway? :confused:

8. Darth_Gamek

Darth_Gamek Jedi Master star 6

Aug 10, 2009
    I wonder if the guys at Lucasfilm are looking at this board and actually plan on using the names being listed here?

No, there's nothing wrong with your hat, Dave! (waves hi)

9. mighty_mouse_droid

Apr 11, 2010
    If they actually see some of the stuff we argue over for pages on end, they'd probably go mad.

10. Mond

Mond Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 21, 2009
    Butch McQueen

Boss Sauce

Count Fistula

11. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    I can just see it now: When Master Ex Pen Dibble and Padawan Hap Less are slain by brutal assassin Mahd Si Co, Skywalker and Kenobi are dispatched to investigate. Can they foil the machinations of new arch villain Eve Elbahdguy before it's too late? And is there more to senate aid Spyun Durcuvur than meets the eye?

Hmm, I wonder, does Aurra Sing's new backstory involve previous employment as a cabaret act.

12. mighty_mouse_droid

Apr 11, 2010
    Man, you just made my day.

13. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Reely Min Gy is Palpatine's brother, and Kommik Re'leef is Jar Jar's brother.

14. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    [face_laugh] And going with Darth Maul having a brother angle, we find out Aurra Sing has a long lost twin sister named Auta Sing.:p

15. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Can you imagine Palpatine having some lazy-ass slacker brother who crashes at his place once in a while? [face_laugh]

Robot Chicken's got to do something on that!

16. MarkVader1991

MarkVader1991 Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2010
    A female Jedi named "Anna Kin".

17. Senator Kelberry

Senator Kelberry Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 22, 2010
    Hmmm...maybe, but he'd have to have a brand of beer named after him to complete the effect.

18. koonfan

koonfan Jedi Knight star 4

Oct 15, 2008
    The LITE-sa-BEER! "It has fewer calories!" [face_idea]
    I know, I know, it's terrible, but I couldn't resist. XD

Back on topic!
    -Mysterr Eus, which is actually a cover name for the double agent Dabell Ajen. Once he changes sides, his new cover name is Tripell Ajen
    -Tarn Koat, traitor to the Republic!
    -Fannser Vis, a character whose only purpose in the series seems to be to cater to the whims of either the lowest common denominator or the high strung fanboys. Or both. Think busty, scantily clad Twi'lek chick who corrects continuity errors and yells at Baron Poponoida. :p
    -Tra Vissax and Tra Visrox, two Mandalorian rivals out to kill one another. I think it has something to do with their names being so similar...
    -Senior Jedi master Makk Donell, and his padawan Binn Ngo, with their clone troopers Cow, Chick, Mother Hen, Mighty Duck, and Porky

19. Ludo_Kressh

Ludo_Kressh Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 30, 2005
    [face_laugh]

20. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    I forgot about "Mee Deechi" (the de Medici family controlled most of Italy at one point in time) and "Halle Burtoni" (look up Halliburton and Dick Cheney) in Senate Murders.

21. Maphisto86

Maphisto86 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 2, 2005
    Another up and coming "alien" name could be "Nott InSeeres". Huh? Huh? Exotic don't you think?

P.S. I forsee a day when tomatoes can be thrown electronically at other internet users in response to a message. That or something with a cane and a stage right.

22. DarthChimerus

DarthChimerus Jedi Knight

Feb 16, 2008
    How about these ?Awesome? names? :p

Fearsome Doom
    Eval Do?er
    Destructive Carnage
    Blaze Inferno
    Mighty Terror
    Death Blaster

23. Fistofan55

Fistofan55 Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 7, 2009
    Kit Fisto = Kit-bash!!!!!

Saesee Tinn = Sauce in a tin

Barriss seems to be based on Embarrass which relates to the "frown" tatoos on Barriss's face.

Here's one that anybody can make fun of: Yoda-Yo!Duh!

I had enough. [face_laugh]

24. Gry Sarth

Jun 24, 1999
    No, WE've had enough. :p

25. Rossley

Rossley Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 21, 2009
    Don't foget her brothers Dan Sing and Hugh Sing. In fact I'm now picturing some kind of Jackson Five-esque troupe. Think pushy stage parents (May Sing and Will Sing), sordid reality holo documentaries and the inevitable lip-syncing scandal (i.e. the original reason the antenna was implanted).

... Okay, I think I probably deserve to be pelted with rotten fruit now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.