main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guide to Literature Spoilers

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Ludicrous, Aug 30, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kadue

Kadue Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 20, 2000
    I actually have a question for basically everyone in the forum. Why can't people seem to keep any discussion about spoilers in relation to upcoming books do it in the 'Official' threads that already exist? Nearly every book that has been released in the last year has had one created for it, and is kept near the top, yet every man and his dog feels the need to start a new topic when they find something out.

2. Bogga

Bogga Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 1998
    I don't have a good answer for you on that one. I think people just want the attention of making their own topic.

3. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    He made a mistake? HA!

4. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Hoe is IP tracing possible when your server allocates a different IP to your computer everytime you log on???

And NOTHING is illegal on the internet as no single country can possibly govern it.

5. Dev Sibwarra

Dev Sibwarra Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 4, 1999
    Some servers give different computers different IP's when you log on. This is called a dynamic IP, and is used by dial-up services like AOL. Other services, like those used in offices, keep the same IP constantly.

6. Ghent42

Ghent42 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2001
    I, personally, don't care if I know the entire plot of a book before I read it. If it's a good plot, it doesn't matter to me if I find our beforehand. But, I respect the fact that other people may not want it "ruined" for them.
    Also, I understand wanting to contain talk of "Jimmy", but Herbert was really a joke. Pretty much everyone either already knows who he is, wouldn't care if they found out, or wouldn't beleive it if they found out.

7. Emiaj

Emiaj Jedi Master star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Spoilers eh???

This Kim Newman guys only gone and spoilt my day.

Look at this: "The cluttering up of the SF shelves at your local bookshop with worthless tie-in junk passed off as novels."

Let me at him!
    Let me at him!!!

8. killfire

killfire Jedi Master star 4

Jan 6, 2001
    I started a thread JIMMY is ... dead
    Just for fun. No spoiler, no nothing. Could be Jimmy Stewart, for example. You locked it. Why? Get serious.

9. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    Because there are already several topics on Jimmy.

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    My hatred for E2D2 pales in comparison to what I feel towards whoever created the virus that wiped my ENTIRE hard drive today!!!!!! UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH UGH!!!

Lucky E2D2. I have no anger to spare for him any longer.

11. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Ask his IP to Darth Ludicrous and send him your virus... Ooooh... Sweet revenge ! :D

12. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    You can still hate E2D2 if you assume that he's the one who sent you the virus.

13. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    It was one of those viruses where if it's emailed to a person and they have aol, it sends to all the people on their buddy list. My sister was using my computer and downloaded it, and bye bye hard drive. I miss it. Three years of files. :( :( :(

14. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    And when I used the recovery disk to reinstall Windows, my files were gone for good, but hey, they took the virus with them, so I can be happy about that.

15. Dev Sibwarra

Jun 4, 1999
    Uh... I'm not on your buddy list, am I?

16. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    My sister downloaded it from her AOL account so no one on my buddy list can get it. Hahaha.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.