main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guild Wars 2: Trailer released!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by Aragorn327, Aug 20, 2009.

1. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Details on humanitiy

Including new video of Divinities Reach

At the rate they've started releasing new data I'm hoping the beta is released soon with the game to follow later this year

2. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
  3. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Next profession leaked is the Thief

Details to be released soon (next week hinted!)

4. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    THE THIEF

Interesting

Assassin/Ranger type mix

Me likey!

5. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    So other than the lame ass description given on the site for system requirements... 'The system requirements haven't been finalized, but just as with the original Guild Wars series, we're committed to creating a beautiful game that will play great on mid-range gaming PCs.'... anyone find anything more substantial?

I am thinking of building a new PC and want to be sure to cover all my bases for this game since it is probably all I am gonna care about for the next 3-4 years (assuming it is out in the next 3-4 years! :p )

6. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
  7. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I am obviously going to give GWII a shot and I am excited about it for sure but I have to say I am still kinda on the fence about it. I'll give it a try myself before I really pass judgment but from the videos I have watched GWII seems to lack the nice cozy, it's all 'my world' feel to it that the first game had going for it. That is what one thing I really hated about WoW and it seems that GW has negatively (in my book) adopted that here. I liked that when I stepped outside of towns it was all my world, no random idiots I didn't like hoping around acting like tools, just me and who I wanted around.

These huge boss instance fights look cool and I am really interested to see how they go, because it looks like too much confusion and a giant cluster **** to really know if I am impacting the battle or not but I feel like it is just ripping off other MMOs. GW had a nice, me and my small ragged band of merry fellows team against insurmountable odds, against countless more powerful enemies, and win through proper team play tactics and coordination thing going for it. This is just... different. I don't know any other word to use here. Looks amazing though, gonna have to start saving for a new behemoth computer to run it for sure 'cuz it is gonna suck resources like nothing else out there.

8. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Agreed on the system requirements.

I'm currently playing on a decent laptop but it's started to run hot. It's placed now on a cooling table (inbuilt fan) just to help keep the core temperature down but there are now a couple of games that it can no longer play due to overheating.

I have started saving for a new laptop now (£20-30) a month and with luck I'll have enough saved for what I want when in get released next year (with luck). If not I'll hope that the current rig will hold up for a short period of time.

I get your issues regarding "this is my world" as well and I kind of agree with you, I'm hoping they don't mess things up with this as it's a touch WoW in it's layout but as I usually play solo I don't have a major issue with it as it may encourage me to be more community spirited.

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Next profession announced

The Engineer!

Interesting move.

Beta testing is scheduled for late 2011 as well.

10. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
  11. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Wow that's exciting. I actually WANT to play the underwater part of this game. Looks damn good, they really overhauled this engine.

12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
  13. TwoSeven

TwoSeven Jedi Padawan

Aug 6, 2011
    The hype, it's getting to me. Let's hope this doesn't turn into something heartbreaking.

14. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    The slow reveal of all the components is lovely, I love the fact that the game has a history and an inbuild lore/legend that makes the gameworld feel so much more complete.

The fact they have also not given a release date or even run beta testing when the game is looking as solid as it does is a good thing for me as all the releases regarding game construction have been about how they test, test and test somemore then go back and test again. I feel that when it does go beta it will be very very close to the complete model.

I have high hopes for this game, I love GW (still have to find the time to complete Nightfall though) and I have faith that arenanet will get this right as well.

15. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
  16. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Still waiting for my mesmer... Still, completed HoM so it's just the wait now. PvP is looking awesome, no energy? Thats going to take some getting used to!

17. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I re-installed so I can watch up my Ele's skirt again but forgot my login info. Doesn't it use your email for your user name?

What were my character names? Flare Prime, Flare Lass...?

18. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Flare Prime was your main I think(ranger?!) but I may have sold Prime's kidneys to get my 50/50 Hall of Monuments.

Just doing one last play through before hanging up my socks until GW2.

Flares Lass and Flares Hammer were your other char names?

19. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Still having trouble. Is my login name my email?

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    your log in is your email

Just hope you can remember it.

If you have changed your email and forgotten which one you used Arenanet can find your original log it but it takes a while to do so

21. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Aye should be an email, password and character name.

22. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Asura Week begins

I want some more screenshots and videos.

I want confirmation of the Mesmer profession (or it's equivalent)

I want a release date

23. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Attempting to farm my way to sweet sweet GW2 unlocks.

Think I'm at 21/50. 25 won't be terrible, but it'll be hard to push to 30.

24. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I've been trying to play GW for the past two years on my laptop using the mousepad.

I finally gave up and bought a proper mouse yesterday.

I now have two missions to run and I'll complete Nightfall, as I'm at the Gates of Madness now. HURRAH!

25. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I have almost completed my HoM now, just have to cash in some ecto stacks and buy the rest of my items for the buy-able titles, finishing capping elite skills while I do cartographer titles and I am done...I think haha. Oh and probably finish the elite armor sets, tormented and destroyer weapons as well. Uggh there is a lot more to do than I remember.

I haven't played for a while due to work and life but I have some more free time now so I am gonna get back into it and hope to have it all finished before the end of the year.