main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guild Wars!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Chim, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
  2. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    You guys are answering my posts fast enough....

How the heck am I supposed to do the quest to get my Factions character to Nightfall? It starts in Lions Arch, so I only get 3 level 10 henchmen and I go against level 26 mobs.

I'm not sure if its groupable, its like a quasi-mission.

Thx for the stuff Loon, I got my armor

3. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Excellent stuff, is it all runed up and dyed? I have tons of dye knocking around if you want some (Not black or white I'm afraid, I'm saving that for myself)

Sorry are we talking Prophecies or Factions? You mention Factions and Lions Arch in the same post so I'm going to assume you mean Prophecies, so this may be wrong.

Here's what I suggest if you want to do it on your own, go to Gwen (First problem, you may not have it!) and get Ogden and Vekk, come back and do it with them.

Option two is to PUG it.

Three is to wait around for one of us, I had trouble doing this with a mate as a Nightfall character, I think I may have had to used a prophecies character just to enter the mission. Not sure on that tho'. Or get one of us to group with you and resign and leave you with our hero's.

Now the hardest option would be to continue to do it yourself, take it slow and take out the groups one by one. You don't have to kill everything just capture the rift's so some nasties can be ignored altogether. Some of them roam around so watch out for over aggro (Don't do what I did in that mission last night...tee hee :p).

Keep away from Torment claws and take them out from range (If you take Thom he'll run straight to them and die), they'll kill your henchmen in pretty well one hit. They can't move so in that sense they are not much of a threat as long as you stay away.

Try and blind the Grasps of Insanity, you should have throw dirt by now I think, if not I think it's attainable as a quest reward. Once blinded they should be nullified for a while allowing you to take out some more important targets.

The Scythe of Chaos are vexxing(I think they are mesmers in this mission), energy surge could knock your henchies to half health in one hit. Either spread out or take the hit your self.

Wrathful Storm's are a bugger. Their AoE will destroy your low level henchmen in seconds, I would suggest interupting and destroying these as a priority. Meteor shower is an interupt priority, Firestorm can be moved away from as can double dragons second hit.

Your henchmen are pooh, Orion has firestorm which has it's uses(It may be sneered upon but it does do 370 damage at 16 fire magic! If you can keep the monster ai trapped in it thats one of the best damage *potential* returns in the game!) and Dunham has Empathy which will help in killing the Grasps of insanity but it's pretty well up to you to interupt and damage the Demons... Alesia can't be relied on to keep you alive... You may need to take a hard res, your henchies will die quite a lot!

4. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    She just wears orange, so I just bought it

Oops, I didn't mean to mention Factions. Its the quest from Prophecies -> Nightfall. Those are the 2 I own ATM, so no heroes on the Prophecies guy. I tried PUG but nobody was doing it. I'll just wait for one of you, I wasn't sure if it was partyable.

I had to make a list of the stuff my Ranger prophecies guy wants to do to be more "complete:"

Quests:
    The Last Day Dawns
    Defend North Kryta Procince
    To Sorrow's Furnace
    that quest to open up Elona

Cap these Prophecies skills:
    Crippling Shot
    Punishing Shot
    Greater Conflagration
    Incendiary Arrows
    Melandru's Arrows
    Melandru's Resilience
    Poison Arrow

Get a spider

Go to Underworld and get those quests? Not really sure how that and FoW works.

I finally did Zaishen (freakin' IWAY!!), and opened up Zaishen Elite. Question: do those have bonuses? They have the same icon as missions so they look like I haven't done a bonus. Or even the mission. They don't have swords through them

5. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    I'd add Barrage also if I were you...that is depending on what you want to do with your ranger.

6. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I haven't got any of my desktops set up so no Guild Wars for me for a while. :(

7. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I already got barrage and quite a few others. That list is so I have every elite ranger skill

I ended up passing that Prophecies -> Elona quest. All my henchmen died right off the bat, but I completed it with just the NPC guards. Not sure how that happened

mouse, install it on your laptop

8. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Nice one quite a toughy that one, especially as Alesia is conspiring to kill you.

Went back and tried for masters on Ruins of Morah last night, PUGged it at first but I seemed to only be able to pair up with someone who's only words were 'up'! Hero-Henched it in the end ;)

Is Fatburt through that one? I'll leave my Paragon there for the moment, just in case you want some company at some point.

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've given up on Morah for now and I'm bodding in GWEN territory.

If I see you on I'll give you a shout.

My little Brother is playing using my account ATM as he's debating getting it so for the next week if you ever see a character on the friends list who's on as an alternate ID to Ishaps Prayer it's likely to be my brother and he's staying pre searing until he's made his mind up on the game.

I however have also been conned into doing vast amounts of overtime at work ATM so I doubt I'll be on anytime soon as well

10. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Heh, most of GWEN isn't that bad, until you get to HoS and have to deal with the rage quitters. :rolleyes:

11. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Lols, funny becuase it's so true!

12. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    It's why I H/H the rest. Besides what I usually have on Ogden (IMO the dumbest of my heroes) I generally have good builds on my heroes.

13. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Ogden does seem to run to the front lines a lot doesn't he?(I usualy use Sabs necro healer, ai monks always seem to do a bad job for me) I love PUGing, you really do get the very best of the game and sometimes the very worst :D

14. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    And run around preventing the melee guys from helping him, or the nukers from getting the guys going after him.

Do any of you believe that they get a bit more competent when they gain more XP?

15. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I've never seen it, there was also an idea that certain hero's played certain types of builds better but I don't really believe it. When the ai starts to spam Protective Spirit on minions, I just accept it now...it used to make me angry, in a comic way :p

16. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    You're heroes do seem to have personalities, I bet half of it is reacting to the equipment they are carrying, or you give them the same skills, so you see patterns. The other half is projecting.

My Ogden always seemed to charge into melee. So I made him a /W and gave him a hammer. He is a dwarf, after all

17. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Well they do work some builds better than others that's for certain, however it seems my NF monks are much better than Ogden.

18. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    The idea that I passed across was this. Vekk comes to you as a lightning ele, therefore he is set up to play lightning spike or blinding flash anti mele better then say Zhed who becomes your hero with water magic. Personally I don't believe it, my Zhed uses a searing flames build just as well as Vekk etc...

The real problem I have with my hero's is giving them decent energy management, which is why Necro hero's are great imo, they have in built energy management (As do paragons) and so can be relied on to spam spells effectively.

Ether renewal might well work great on hero's as energy management(got a huge buff recently), have to try that one out when I cap it.

19. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Nah I don't believe that, what I do believe is that the Hero AI handles some builds better than others. I can try one build and that hero isn't effective at all, switch in another build, a very good hero.

20. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I actually had white dye drop. What's that worth?

21. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    A decent amount, though I'm not familiar with the market price.

22. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    It used to be about 8k, but last I recall, it was like...3.

23. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Black is still the money maker but white is good for about 2.5-3K

I've just started a new assisin build in Factions as my last one was moderately decent but the second choice profession killed the build. I'm currently looking at A/Me or A/R as I'm pretty clued up on the old Mesmer skills and I'm a pretty decent Ranger (Barrage/Beast/Trapping are key skills and I'm working on a decent interrupt build)

I hope to have some time free one night this weekend so if anyones on I may plead a case to kill off the Morah mission.

24. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I'll be about on Sunday night to do that mission, maybe late sat night as well but unlikely.

I'm trying to turn my Assassin hero's into something thats remotely useful so I'm trying them out as critical barragers at the mo, way of the master and all that clap trap. With Disrupting Accuracy they may have a good chance to interupt as well as some decent potential damage, we'll see.

25. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    No Guild Wars for me until I get my desktops set up. :(

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.