main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guild Wars!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Chim, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998
    Go to the Xunlai Agent, get some storage. Put iron, leather, and cloth in there for sure. Any rare materials should go there as well. Scales, bones and wood should go in. Other materials generally aren't worth saving unless you know that you're going to need them later. Dye should go in storage as well. Sell everything else that you're not using.

2. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Xunlai agents only turn up after the searing though.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Raven, we need to meet up in game and do some destroying together.Granted I am only level 10, we should still go out and do some quests and stuff.
    And that goes for the rest of you too.
    I think that would be great if we all went around doing quests and missions and stuff.

What time you all usually play the most?

4. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    I'm usually on between 8am EST and 2am EST. Essentially, I may or may not be on any time on near a computer and feeling bored.

5. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    With me being a Brit I'm usually on about 7-9pm GMT which with us being 5/6 hours ahead would put that at 2pm ish EST (I think)

I play on the European boards for obvious reasons but I'm happy to move if need be.

My Characters are

Ishaps Prayer (Ranger/Monk lvl 14 at moment)

Milambers Bane (Elementalist/?????) just started him

Tyrick Benorr (Mesmer/Monk) still pre searing

I'll be creating a PvP soon as well

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Hey does anyone know where I can get some quality armor? I need some, the stuff I have isn't real bad, I just want some better stuff.
    Raven, I know you have some badass stuff, I am nto looking to get that awesome of stuff. I have a ton of crafting materials too, so if anyone wants to make some suggestions that would be awesome.

7. Raven

Oct 5, 1998

Hey does anyone know where I can get some quality armor? I need some, the stuff I have isn't real bad, I just want some better stuff.

It really depends on the class. I always buy new armor in Post Searing Ascalon, getting the better armor from the Armor Crafter. After that, I follow the basic rule of thumb that I only buy armor if I can find armor that?s 15 armor points better than the armor I?m wearing. With my Necromancer/Mesmer, I ended up getting armor at Ascalon, and then getting armor at Ventari?s Refuge, and I haven?t bothered getting armor since. I?m about to head off to the end game, but there?s no pressing need at all for me to get new armor.

Raven, I know you have some badass stuff, I am nto looking to get that awesome of stuff. I have a ton of crafting materials too, so if anyone wants to make some suggestions that would be awesome.

I tend to sell it off pretty quick. I can save a few items for you if I run across them though ? what do you need?

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    It really depends on the class. I always buy new armor in Post Searing Ascalon, getting the better armor from the Armor Crafter. After that, I follow the basic rule of thumb that I only buy armor if I can find armor that?s 15 armor points better than the armor I?m wearing. With my Necromancer/Mesmer, I ended up getting armor at Ascalon, and then getting armor at Ventari?s Refuge, and I haven?t bothered getting armor since. I?m about to head off to the end game, but there?s no pressing need at all for me to get new armor.

Well I am a level 12 Warrior Monk. I got some armor in Post Searing Ascalon, from the armor dealer/maker. I think it is rank like 50. But I still seem to get chewed up in battle. Like last night I was plaing with a lower level Warrior/Elementalist(I think element) and he wouldn't take on nearly as much damage as I would. I don't know if the Charr just target the highest level character in the party (not to mention I am a monk) or if he had better armor than I did. Either way I need to take less damage, that's for sure.

I tend to sell it off pretty quick. I can save a few items for you if I run across them though ? what do you need?

Anything you use to get your best armor really. I need to get some fur squares, but I remember you saying that armor was overly expensive.

Where can you even find a place to make that 15K armor? In PS Ascalon the armor cost a lot, material wise, but it is only 150 gold pieces. Where is the expensive stuff?

9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    The best stuff is a hell of distance off

I'm in Yaks end at the moment and haven't come across the really expensive stuff

10. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yaks Bend huh? Well what do you know, me too.
    Mathius Snipes. Look me up some time. We can quest some together.

I was talking to some guy last night, he had nice armor, I think it was called Knights Armor. It was hawt.

11. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Chim, the warrior/elementalist could have been using a few buffs that you can call on as an elementalist. Armour of earth is a good one. And there are other ones like "ward against foes" and such.

12. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Wow this game is awesome. I wish you guys were on there to play with. I added you onto my friends list but I never see any of you. Thanks. :(

I just got to level 15 tonight after a long quest, but it paid off in the end. Once it was over I needed 11 exp to level up. I was proud.

I am running low on money and quests now too.I have been holding a Rune for a couple days now, and am wondering how much an Elementalist Rune of Major Air Magic would sell for? Like I said, I need money and want to sell it, but I don't know how much to ask for it. What would be a decent price?

I also need a quality Hammer if any of you guys come across one. I have a couple, but I would like a more diverse range of them.

13. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I will probably buy this at the end of the summer when my WoW subscription finishes up, so you know.

Guild Awesome will rise again.

14. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Well that is grood. Great and good, grood.
    It will be nice to have some more JCers on there. I have played with Fatbert, but not Raven, and those are the only two who have revealed their GW names to me so...

Any advice on how to get money faster...or even at all? People charge ridiculous amounts of cash for everything,and I can't see how anyone affords anything.
    I try and sell stuff, but I don't know what to charge for any of my more valuable(or so I think) items.

15. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    To get cash quick, I go farming outside Droknar's Forge. I can make about 15k an hour killing trolls, and I get skill points quickly there too.

Also, if you're low level trying to sell stuff to make money, I suggest going for materials rather than weapons or runes. At low levels, it's very hard to compete with people selling end of game items.

16. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I currently have a low level character in Pre Searing who is Just collecting materials to sell as its easy to do that, I then run them into Post Searing and Locker all the stuff, delete the Character and start over again.

It's simple and it also lets me try many different professions

17. Raven

Oct 5, 1998
    Bah, get to Droknar's Forge with a Monk or Elementalist and go farming. 15k in gold per hour, max damage weapons, etc.

This morning, I got bored and went to Ascalon and started giving away max damage swords.

18. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I'd love to get to Droknar but I keep getting monked by the lvl24+ critters in Lornars pass.

We got a group for a sprint through the other day

1 runner 5 bait

Still didn't get out of Lornars

I'm a lvl16 Ranger Monk and I can't even get into a group of fighters for it [face_frustrated]

I'm building myself up for it at the moment I may have more luck with a group when I'm 18+

19. kidwehatethemost

kidwehatethemost Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2003
    I bought this game like a month ago, and i quit, it doesn't really do anything for me. Yeah the Graphics are beautiful, and the story/quests are pretty good, but over all i feel confined or something when i play it. Not as much content so to speak, maybe thats why i like swg cuz of the enormous amount of craftable items, and many many planets... I dont see why it got such high rankings... Player customization was very limited also.

Dont hate!

20. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Made it to Droknars [face_dancing]

Will start farming this evening

21. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I still haven't gone there. This guy ran a bunch of us somewhere a while ago, and decided he would make a go for Droknars too,though he didn't make it. He was about 2/3 of the way, but he died too much and gave up. It was sad to be so close then have it all yanked away.
    I will get there some day. :p

22. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Droknars is quite easy when your there as you go around with lvl 20 henchies with some elite skills.

I'm really struggling in Kryta at the moment, I'm trying to do Villainy of Galrath (with a lvl 17 ranger/monk) and also I get to wesseks peak (eventually) getting any further is a nightmare, it's like the route to Droknars again.

I need to start finding some elite skills for this or at least learn some better monk healing ones.

I'll have a dabble over the weekend I think.

23. GrandMoffTarkin

GrandMoffTarkin Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 22, 2001
    Ahhh, Just finished the Galrath quest. :D Easiest way is to go to Temple of Ages, get a group of people there and make your way. You'll die a few times in Kessek Peak, but it's relatively easy with a good group.

Of course, having a guild mate along helped a lot.

24. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Temple of ages?

Right I'll go looking!

25. Uncle_Owen_Kenobi

Uncle_Owen_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 7, 2001
    Thunderhead Keep, I hate you! What a bloody frustrating mission. The mission itself is not hard. But what drives me nuts is the player mentality when it comes to forming a team for this mission. Every pick up group I join demands two monks. So what happens is you have a whole district of teams looking for monks. Which means it's going to take you 10-20 minutes before you actually get a chance to play. And the worse is joining a team with six members already only to watch them all bail because the guy who started the team is only looking for a bloody heal bot. Making it even harder to get a group going because eventually everyone gets tired of waiting twenty minutes to play.

I spent thirty minutes earlier just waiting for the various teams I joined to start. Finally, I got fed up and grabbed a teamfull of henchies. Almost beat the mission myself. The only reason I failed was not because the henchies wouldn't heal the king but because we finally got over run by the last boss and his goons. With competent players and a healer henchie the mission should be more then doable. Yet the player base mentality is stuck with their healer bot crutch, bah! I just wish more players would realize that a good DPS is better then any heal bot. :( They can't hurt you if their dead.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.