main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guild Wars!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Chim, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Does anyone PvP? I just reinstalled it tonight and am going to start pvping.. hopefully i can figure out what the H*** i am doing :)

2. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    I don't I'm afraid bar the odd 1v1 in the guild hall to try and work out various skills and builds.

3. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Wooooooooooo the Hall of Monuments will now be made account based, rather then character based!

4. adaml83

adaml83 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 8, 2004
    Sounds like a very good idea.

5. adx

adx Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 27, 2007
    Where can you buy weapons if you want to pvp? Like i have the starting set but not sure where i would go if i wanted to get upgrades?

6. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I think you have to earn faction and go to a certain npc to upgrade. Either that or unlock them in pve.

Also try this page, http://guildwars.wikia.com/wiki/PvP_character

7. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    I've just made the bold move of getting rid of my lvl20 Hearty Wolf. I shall miss Little Doggy as he was known.

I now need to pick a new pet and level the wee beastie up (preferably to Dire status or similar) any suggestions on a nifty pet to get?

8. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    What sort of damage are you looking for?

Rainbow Phoenix looks interesting though...if you have all the requirements.

9. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I've been using a polar bear, but it's mostly for the look.

10. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I'm looking to evolve either an Aggressive of Dire pet

After that it's all about the look. I kind of like the White Tiger but I'm not too sure as yet.

Thank the lord of your choosing for guildwiki

I now have a lvl 12 Aggressive Male lion

Excellent

11. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    I still use ignite arrows on my Ranger. I never see anyone else use it. It seems to work for me, when I kill something and switch to the next at least he's partially hurt.

12. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Well if it works well for you, then it shouldn't be a problem.

13. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Nothing wrong with ignite arrows at all I use that with my ranger at times, looks good when it hits too! Great for spreading some damage around when dealing with annoyingly powerful healers.

14. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Ignite and exploding arrows are hugely underrated. Great preps to use with dual shot as well.

Best I've found so far is the ritualist Splinter weapon with Barrage.

Imagine dropping 6 arrows in on a closely packed mob with each arrow delivering 20-30 damage and each arrow then adding 4 x 35 damage to the surrounding mob.

15. adaml83

Dec 8, 2004
    Yeah I love using splinter weapon with my Ranger.

16. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    It really is a cheap way to do MASSIVE damage to a lot of people at once.

Generally if I'm PvE I go out as a barrage ranger equipped with Splinter PvP is the realm of beastmaster but as I have a new pet he's not quite up to that yet

17. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Fats, you should Splinter for us on the Urgoz Run tomorrow! It might be a little late for you, but would be cool to see you there anyway. We have a real leet group for Urgoz, afterall we own that place. I have the build and can ping it to you sometime.

18. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    I'll see what I'm doing tonight and hope that if I'm free my net connection stays on.

19. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    Fellow Guild Wars players,

I am one title away from Kind of a Big Deal. This has been my goal since they announced the title, despite not playing very often and it not meaning nearly what it used to since there's a billion titles now, I still want it.

So far, I've done Protector of Tyria, Cantha, and Elona, and Tyrian Elite Skill Hunter.

Unsure what my last should be. Canthan Elite Skill requires 76k for signets that I don't have. Should I farm money for signets, or would it be faster to farm to max one of the rep titles before I'd get the money and hunt down the next batch of skills?

20. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    What do you mean rep title?

If you're on the next few evenings you can help me with my missions I'm stuck on in Nighfall and keep the $ we find

21. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I would suggest Sunspear, there are a couple of farms you can do with Wurms that will give you that title in no time...

I did the one outside the Gate of desolation in HM, get a full party (A party full of physicals/high armour does better I find) exit the outpost and go right and get the undead bouty, move around the sulphur slowly going full circle around the 'safe island' of normal sand, killing all the undead you can find. Once you've gone full circle move back onto the islandy bit and go kill the Undead Dervish boss to make this run give you about 560ish points per run... took me about 7mins per run I guess.

I defo' found that the easiest title thus far to get full rank in! Dwarven was ok if you do the snowman dungeon, you also get snowmen summoners and elf tonic as a reward!

And well done for getting the Tyrian skill hunter, that must have been annoying as hell to get with all those random boss spawns.

22. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    If you have EotN I suggest getting Ursan Blessing (the skill everyone claims has killed GW) and max the Norn Rep title. It is easy to do from Olafstead and once you get R8+ you can join any high end game group pretty much for any area. FoW takes about 45 minutes with an Ursan team, UW takes less, DoA is around 3.5 hours, etc.

I haven't been title grinding at all, it ruins the game for me personally. It turns into Grind Wars then, and boo to being like WoW. I think I have 3 titles maxed to be honest and I have been playing for 35months now. I have about 30 titles that I can put on my main but only 3 are maxed out, some are very close though. This weekend I got my Unlucky and Lucky titles both to rank 3, still a very long way to go on them though.

23. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    lol Ursan (joke) :p

24. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah Ursan definitely changed the game for sure, but I think it was a good move in the end. You can tell Anet wants people to stay on for GWII in a year or so when it comes out and UB is like a babysitter for it while they are busy with GWII.

It really opens the game up to everyone and every area as well. Instead of DoA taking 6-7 hours it only takes 3-4 now, which is still a long time but it is worth getting the Armbrace that youi can sell for 100k+30-60e. So once Armbrace prices skyrocket (when the finally include the HoM weapons update) and the price of ectos settles back down to where it should be (4.5-5.5k each) my 3 armbraces will be worth one shiny ass penny. Now if they nerf Ursan some how...well then Armbraces will be even higher. But I am hoping that they don't do that.

25. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I need to get EoTN so I can get Ursan so I can start making progress again

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.