main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guild Wars!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Chim, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    Well after I got sick of vanquishing I switched to Ursan to make things go faster and I can understand both arguements but I think the more vocal anti ursans will have their way after all.

It's supposedly being looked at by Anet at the moment, so I expet a nerf of some kind will come. Hopefully they'll just reduce it's power a little bit so the high end areas are open to all classes... Maybe a maximum duration or switching the ursan strike so it doesn't ignore armour anymore?

2. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    Ari did you get demoted?

I'm on Gates of Desolation in NF, probably be around Tues, Wed

3. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I got EOTN, someone help me do stuff

4. twodaynojoke

twodaynojoke Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2008
    is there anywhere i can get an unused access code?
    i bought the game at a garage sale but whoever used to have it is still using the access code that came with the game

5. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I don't think so. You could try contacting tech support, but they might not be able to help. This is the biggest reason why I won't buy second hand PC games.

Oh, and I've got my computers set up so I can play GW again.

6. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    My gaming pc finally gave up the ghost a couple of weeks ago so I've had to instal GW onto our laptop just so I can log in regularly to show the guild I'm still a "regular" player

I'm currently saving for a new PC but it'll take a few months before I'm up and running on one again I think.

I'm currently debating whether to use a simple PCI-e graphics card or to spend the extra money and go either dual SLI or crossfire.

eitherway all gaming for me is currently curtailed to crappy old dead PC

7. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I heard duel doesn't make much of a difference unless you install two top of the line cards

8. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Thats what I've read too and throwing in a top line card makes the concept irrelevent with today's games but I'm thinking of paying a bit more to "futureproof" the system a little.

Price wise it add's about £100 ($200) onto the system I'm looking at building

9. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Might be worth it. My system has one but I have 4gb of ram, which makes a huge difference

10. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    I've just got two 'birthday presents' on my pre-searing Warrior/Monk in Prophecies. Does anyone know anything about this? I don't really want them on that character, but I don't know if they're just in my account or attached to the character or what. Ideally, I'd want it with my post-searing Elementalist.

11. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Your mini pets can be used on any of your characters, sadly the only way to transfer them is to move to post searing and dump them in your storage then have the other character pick them up... I don't think there are storage chests in pre.

12. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    They must attach to the character, not the account, when you double click them. That's how people sell them.

I don't see a way to get it post-sear, unless you find someone you trust that makes a new char, trade it to them, they go post searing and trades it back to your post sear char. I can try to help do that if you see me online

13. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Minipets come uncustomised as it were, when you double click on the present the mini will appear in your inventory and can be swapped between characters or sold. Is that what I put in the last post? Probably :p

14. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    yeah probably, I should go back and read it sometime

15. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Why did it suddenly appear on this character?

16. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    its that char's birthday. From when you created him. I think

17. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Yeah, works just like a birthday in real life. Every 365 days you automatically get a present on one of your characters. Good stuff, minis are great.

I have just recently had my main character's 3rd birthday this past month, and I have three more within August. Good stuff. If you need help and want to transfer them into Post Searing let me know and I can help you out if need be.

18. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Mega update today, Ursan nerf, lots of buffs for those useless skills and a fiddle with the chaos plains so they can rebuff Shadow form. No changes to the HoM as of yet but this update is supposed to be huuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. Awesome.

19. moosemousse

Oct 3, 2004
    Weird. I didn't think I'd had her for two years. I wonder how long I've had my other characters for, I expect it's a lot longer.

20. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    WOW, have you seen the changes PvE skill changes? So many poo skills are great! Looks like I can rediscover PvE again :)

21. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    I just finished Nightfall, started Factions with a new Elementalist

22. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Whats your Virtual Level? The level you would be if there was no cap. The equation is

=23+((Exp-182600)/15000)

My Prophecies Ranger is 46
    My Nightfall Dervish is 59

23. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Prophesies Ranger = lvl 103

24. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    For those with all the campaigns, have you picked up[ your new hero, M.O.X?

I don't really use the dervish hero's but it's still cool to have a new one :)

25. FlareStorm

Nov 13, 2000
    Yeah I got him, haven't done his quest yet. It looks long. Whats the reward?

26. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    10k (8 characters, 80k woooooooooooo!)er 50k xp and some Golem tonics :D The quests are the best thing I'e done for aaaaaaaaaaaages.

The Nightfall one is probably the hardest to PUG I found (so hard it's almost better to do it with your hero's ;)) but they are all so much fun! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.