main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guild Wars!

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The_Chim, May 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    so Chim, where are you on KoaBD?

2. Aragorn327

Aragorn327 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2001
    I am not the Chim, but I was like 40 Factions elite skills away from getting KoaBG.

I will never get one of the higher titles.

3. The_Chim

The_Chim Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 2001
    Well I am still the main Officer in the same Guild, X Legion of Doom X, and was even leader for a short time while the old leader was AFk for a few weeks. He is back now so I am off the hook but as of right now player activity in all of Guild Wars is really down due to that bull-shot game Aion. The experienced players have all maxed all their titles and filled their Hall of Monuments for GWII. If you do all that there isn't much left in the game so they move, but we still need players. People are leaving everyday to go play it but I don't think it is gonna stick around fro long anyway, if it makes it a year I will be surprised.

But speaking of Guilds my guild is looking for active players that, you know, actually play the game still. We do lots of fun stuff like Fissure and Underworld daily, as well as stupid dungeon crawl crap. We do the occasional Urgoz, that is by far my favorite area FYI. Been trying to get enough people interested in Domain of Anguish again sicne everyone likes making money/ectos, but with the current players in the guild no one seems to want to do much. We stood around for 2 hours last night forming a group up for DoA and to do the entire are itself it is less than two hours so that was pretty sad.

If any of you guys out there are looking for a nice home check out LODs website, wiki, and forums. We only have a few rules but they are even being relaxed now that our member numbers, participation and activity have hit all time lows.

I would love to bring all of you in and teach you my leetness. Contact me in game anytime with questions, for info or an interview.

4. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    uh oh, its not recognizing my password and there is all this hacking going on. Think I might be screwed, and I dont have the patience to go through all that reseting my NCsoft password to reset my GW password right now.

So Loon, or anyone else, if you see me, it's not me unless I say "FORCEBOAT"

Got KoaBG a couple of months ago [face_talk_hand], pretty close to the next one. If you need any help, let me know :):):)

and **** your guild Chim. Right in the ear. Sinister Looking Eyebrows FOREVER!

5. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Anyone want some Aion wings to put on their GW character? Got a code lying around and not gonna use it...

6. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I had a friend that sold a bunch of those in game for like 60e each. Definitely made a killing. You could always do that.

I didn't know you were playing Aion. How is/was it?

7. DarthBobbalot

DarthBobbalot Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2002
    Not playing anymore [face_love]
    It is like any other korean game. Grindan. Killan and grindan.

It is neat at points and a very graphicly beautiful game, but I can't get past the grind right now. I got to lvl 29 assassin and just stopped playing. I may pick it up again sometime later, but for now I'm done with it. Went back to warcrack :*(

8. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    Oh sorry to hear, I love GW personally and probably won't fully stop playing it until they shut the servers down. Hopefully they bring GWII out by then though.

But if you aren't playing, I will gladly take that wing account off your hands then. And your GW account if you don't want it. I wouldn't change the passwords or anything I am just always looking for more storage space, mine is so full.

9. Jedi_Loon

Jedi_Loon Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 15, 2002
    uh oh, its not recognizing my password and there is all this hacking going on. Think I might be screwed, and I dont have the patience to go through all that reseting my NCsoft password to reset my GW password right now.

So Loon, or anyone else, if you see me, it's not me unless I say "FORCEBOAT"

That sucks, are you back now? Guild list says you haven't been logged on for two weeks or so, so I don't think anyone has your account... COME BACK I feel lonely without someone commenting on my Ele's boobs.

Oh sorry to hear, I love GW personally and probably won't fully stop playing it until they shut the servers down. Hopefully they bring GWII out by then though

I think I'm in the same boat as you, I don't really play video games anymore(Apart from some retro MooII and Civ2) but I can't seem to let it go! Will see how it is when I've finished my Gwamm (Yay two more titles to go, boo one of them is Luxon grind and I can only do a few hours a wekk now :() but I think I'll just play my mesmer who's name I hope to port over to GW2.

10. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Any tips on grinding out ~100k quickly? I'd kinda like to make a run for the Nightfall elite skills so I have all of them, but money for the capture sigs is the worst.

I've been solo farming in hard mode the rock elementals outside of Sanitarium in Tyria and sometimes the trolls by Drok's. If I have to do that for a third hundred thousand, I'll probably just give up my dream of the full skill hunter title :p

11. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Hmm depends on what class you are?

If you have an Assassin then you can make tons of money with Shadow Form but that looks like it may be for the chopping block when we get another skill update.

With an Elementalist you can Obsidian Flesh farm lots of areas... Vaettirs being a good place to start!

Or with any class(although with a Paragon and Warrior energy can be a problem sometimes) and Factions you can use spirits to farm quite a few places even elite areas.

Let me know if you want any details on these but they may take a bit of money to set up with armour, skills and Runes/Insignia :( Anyway let me know your class, what campaigns you have etc... and I'll give you a build/area to farm away in, at the very least it will be a nice change of scenery!:)

12. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    My main is a warrior who's beaten all the campaigns.

I also have two rangers, elementalist, necro, dervish, monk and mesmer that are all level 20. Would have to mission a bit to get access to various areas with them, but it's doable.

13. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    Do any of your characters have access to Eye of the North PvE skills?

14. Aragorn327

Aug 20, 2001
    Just the warrior. I think one of the rangers might have the ursan elite.

Can go grab whatever with one of them though by pushing through a few missions.

15. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    I would say Sin farming DoA, UW, FoW is the most profitable. 600/smite monk farming is the next best alternative, you can do just about any area too. You can run EotN dungeons for a ton of cash too, ranging anywhere from 5-25k for a dungeon and now you can do a lot of dungeons now with solo sin too.

But yeah the nerf bat is a coming I've heard. Then again I have been hearing that for over a year now.

16. Jedi_Loon

Oct 15, 2002
    I agree the Sin farm is going to make the most money and quickly too but I'd hate for you to create an Assassin equip him up and then find you can't use Shadow Form to farm anymore!

600 monking is as Chim says, probably the next best solo farm in terms of cash, all you need is a hero monk/mesmer some equipment and skills and your away.

http://pvx.wikia.com/wiki/600 - Thats the basic Cathedral of the Damned build with options... I have never done a 600 farm(might have to to farm some luxon faction) but I imagine it will take a few practice runs to get things right so don't give up! The beauty of this run is that you'll get some decent drops and/or you can have people pay to have you run them through the dungeon. Also Superb Charr carvings sell quite well because everyone wants the Ninja mask ;)This is also the only place where Golden Rin relics drop as well as Diessa Chalice's which are needed for a Blindfold and the Dread Mask and so they sell pretty well too. I'd offer to be the other monk for you but methinks I'd rarely be on at the same times because I'm getting old and no longer have the stamina to stay up so late...:p

During festivals your warrior can farm Raptor's which will give you party points and sweet tooth points to sell and likewise your Ele could farm Raptor's or Vaettirs. Let me know if you want those builds and I'll send them to you but 600 go go go ;)

17. The_Chim

Jul 16, 2001
    If you have a monk I can 600 and you can smite for me, it is nice to watch someone else do it so you get the hang of it. I can give you the cash we'd get as I am pretty much set for my GW life. I currently have A full bank inventory and max cash on 10 characters, as well as several ecto stacks. With ectos up in price That is probably about 8-9 mil.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.