Guilty Pleasure Movies

Discussion in 'Dallas/Ft.Worth, TX' started by Obi_Bamm_Karaoke, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Knight

star 2
    Gonna try to liven up this party a bit....

List your top ten films (in no particular order, to keep the rank ridicule to a minimum) that you only admit to enjoying to good friends, hence the name of this thread.

Take your time on this one, kids....

Here's my list:

1. CLUELESS- No matter how many times I've seen this film, I always seem to stop the remote when I come across it on cable. Don't know why. Must be some subliminal messages in there somewhere. ;-)>

2. LAST ACTION HERO- If more people would have seen this film as it was inteded to have been seen (two hours of Arnold making fun of himself), it would have been a lot less panned. Mmmm... Bridget Wilson.

3. BRAIN DONORS- It was kind of a wannabe Marx brothers film, but it was still pretty funny.

4. THE ADVENTURES OF FORD FAIRLANE- This was a man's movie. No doubt. There's nothing else to say here.

5. REVENGE OF THE NERDS- One word: nostalgia.

6. SUPERFUZZ- I can't find this movie ANYWHERE, but it was still one of the goofiest movies I've ever seen. Heh heh heh.... gum.

7. LIGHT OF DAY- Michael J. Fox sings, and plays Joan Jett's brother. Talk about trying to capitalize on star power. Hang yourself with the Family Tie, baby.

8. WARGAMES- Would you like to play a game?

9. KRUSH GROOVE- Me and Mario are all about this film.

10. FROM THE HIP- Judd Nelson and that courtroom scene.

Show us what y'all got.
  2. Genetic_Misfire Jedi Knight

star 1
    Hmmm... Not sure if I could come up with 10 because I'm not ashamed of the movies I like.

I guess maybe Highlander 2 and 3 would fall somewhere close to a guilty pleasure.

Personally, I think Last Action Hero was one of John McTiernan's (sp?) better movies. Very original.

Oh yeah, Detroit Rock City.

James
  3. Old-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    That's obvious by your delusions that Aliens 3 is any good. (Keep Smiling :)
  4. Genetic_Misfire Jedi Knight

star 1
    Whatever Wonder Woman. Tim, you and I are gonna get together sometime and watch Alien3. You'll be a believer afterwards, trust me on that.

James
  5. Darth_Wedge Jedi Padawan

Well the trilogy is one. or three actually.
    The Fifth Element: Only because of Bruce; Die Hard in Space.
    You've Got Mail: not too bad, but pretty bad for a guy.
    Casablanca: I know, not that bad, but for a guy...
    Titanic: A remake with Hayden? And no Bill Paxton? I'm listening.
    Monty Python: In Search of the Holy Grail: yes it's obscene, and sacreligious, but I just love the knights that say "NE!"
    And alas, I could only think of one more (Titanic was "If I had no other choice") here goes:

Episode I!!!!!
    Darth Wedge
  6. Old-Jedi Jedi Master

star 2
    Ok, if anyone of you guys makes fun of me, I'm outta here. Here goes my newest guilty pleasure is....Return to Me. That's right this so called chick-flick, has struck a chord in the Old-Jedi. Don't pass judgement on me if you haven't seen it.

PS James, I don't care how many times I see Aliens 3 is still turns out the same way...bad.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.