main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

DFW, TX Guilty Pleasure Movies

Discussion in 'MidSouth Regional Discussion' started by Obi_Bamm_Karaoke, Dec 7, 2000.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Obi_Bamm_Karaoke

Obi_Bamm_Karaoke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 19, 2000
    Gonna try to liven up this party a bit....

List your top ten films (in no particular order, to keep the rank ridicule to a minimum) that you only admit to enjoying to good friends, hence the name of this thread.

Take your time on this one, kids....

Here's my list:

1. CLUELESS- No matter how many times I've seen this film, I always seem to stop the remote when I come across it on cable. Don't know why. Must be some subliminal messages in there somewhere. ;-)>

2. LAST ACTION HERO- If more people would have seen this film as it was inteded to have been seen (two hours of Arnold making fun of himself), it would have been a lot less panned. Mmmm... Bridget Wilson.

3. BRAIN DONORS- It was kind of a wannabe Marx brothers film, but it was still pretty funny.

4. THE ADVENTURES OF FORD FAIRLANE- This was a man's movie. No doubt. There's nothing else to say here.

5. REVENGE OF THE NERDS- One word: nostalgia.

6. SUPERFUZZ- I can't find this movie ANYWHERE, but it was still one of the goofiest movies I've ever seen. Heh heh heh.... gum.

7. LIGHT OF DAY- Michael J. Fox sings, and plays Joan Jett's brother. Talk about trying to capitalize on star power. Hang yourself with the Family Tie, baby.

8. WARGAMES- Would you like to play a game?

9. KRUSH GROOVE- Me and Mario are all about this film.

10. FROM THE HIP- Judd Nelson and that courtroom scene.

Show us what y'all got.

2. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Hmmm... Not sure if I could come up with 10 because I'm not ashamed of the movies I like.

I guess maybe Highlander 2 and 3 would fall somewhere close to a guilty pleasure.

Personally, I think Last Action Hero was one of John McTiernan's (sp?) better movies. Very original.

Oh yeah, Detroit Rock City.

James

3. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    That's obvious by your delusions that Aliens 3 is any good. (Keep Smiling :)

4. Genetic_Misfire

Genetic_Misfire Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 4, 2000
    Whatever Wonder Woman. Tim, you and I are gonna get together sometime and watch Alien3. You'll be a believer afterwards, trust me on that.

James

5. Darth_Wedge

Darth_Wedge Jedi Youngling

Nov 23, 2000
    Well the trilogy is one. or three actually.
    The Fifth Element: Only because of Bruce; Die Hard in Space.
    You've Got Mail: not too bad, but pretty bad for a guy.
    Casablanca: I know, not that bad, but for a guy...
    Titanic: A remake with Hayden? And no Bill Paxton? I'm listening.
    Monty Python: In Search of the Holy Grail: yes it's obscene, and sacreligious, but I just love the knights that say "NE!"
    And alas, I could only think of one more (Titanic was "If I had no other choice") here goes:

Episode I!!!!!
    Darth Wedge

6. Old-Jedi

Old-Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 25, 2000
    Ok, if anyone of you guys makes fun of me, I'm outta here. Here goes my newest guilty pleasure is....Return to Me. That's right this so called chick-flick, has struck a chord in the Old-Jedi. Don't pass judgement on me if you haven't seen it.

PS James, I don't care how many times I see Aliens 3 is still turns out the same way...bad.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.