main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Guilty until Proven Innocent - Obi-wan's Destiny- -Oct 10 th" Thanks to my readers -- FINISHED"

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gkilkenny, Jul 27, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. padmay_skywalker

padmay_skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

May 27, 2005
    Gkilkenny posted:

[b]padmay_skywalker[/b]And you had better not do anything to hurt my Obi-Wan! I'm warning you I'll...I'll..

"OOOPS" [face_whistling]

[hr]And what is that supposed to mean? [face_raised_brow]

2. Padawan_Anne

Padawan_Anne Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 24, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] damn...

3. obi-wanfan123

obi-wanfan123 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 12, 2005
    Great now my stomach is in knots. I sense something..... Hm.... Please write more!![face_praying]

4. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    Yay, another fic! :D This is looking quite interesting. Glad Obi seems to have the Force on his side looking out for him. Though, I wonder why?

5. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

padmay_skywalker And what is that supposed to mean?

OOOOps means OOOOps[face_worried]

Padawan_Anne another cliffy due:D

obi-wanfan123 I'm sorry your stomach is in knots but thats the nature of this story
    I sense something too A POST

Jedi_Tigris Hi thanks for reading
    Ours is not to wonder why ?
    Ours is but to do or Die!

~~~

Obi-wan stood up, igniting his sabre, and strode with a purpose towards this dark being.
    Obi-wan felt the force filling him as he inched closer to his foe, and then the battle began.

Qui-Gon tried to raise himself up so he could see the battle.

But the blows were fast and furious and their movements shifted them up to the top of the cliff.
    Qui-Gon sank back frustrated that he could do nothing to help his too young Padawan.

His Padawan was only sixteen, the devil he was pitted against looked to be at least five years older.

He could hear the clash of sabres, and prayed to the force to help his Padawan.

Obi-wan was full of the dance of battle, he could see every move this black and red headed being made before it happened.

The force pulsed through him, it sang to him pushing him into the battle, he didn?t understand the power he felt within.
    He had never felt this connected to the force before.

Draco the dark one, was failing he was tiring, his thoughts were racing.
    ?How can a mere boy fight like this? ?I must kill him or my Master will kill me? Draco thought.

Draco ignited both ends of his sabre, and began to charge, it all happened in slow motion.

Obi-wan?s sabre was knocked out of his hands, as he ducked the blows from either end of the red blade.

The force was once again screaming at him to move he moved in the direction the force commanded, and ended up on a jagged sliver of rock hanging over a thousand foot drop.

He should have been worried, but the force was cocooning him, it was so powerful, never before had he experienced the immensity of it.
    Obi-wan lifted his hand pointing it at the dark one as he too stepped onto the long jagged rock.

The Dark one Spoke ?I have beaten you, your force cannot help you now?.

?Darkness will descend upon you, and I will have fulfilled my duty and rid the world of an insect Jedi.?
    They stood staring at each other for a moment then calmly Obi-Wan said

?Why? why are you doing this?
    Draco laughed. ?The Sith will rule the galaxy, and I don?t need the services of the Jedi?

?You will be the first to die at my hands? then that old man back there.?
    Many more will follow? ?Prepare to die?

Draco lifted his sabre over his head and began to twirl it around, as he did Obi-wan felt the force directing his hand, and what appeared to be white lightening shot out engulfing the dark one in it.

Just as the ledge began to fall Obi-Wan flipped and somersaulted back to solid ground.

As the ledge and the Dark One fell, the power of the lightening exploded within sending darkness plummeting to the ground below.

Collapsing to the ground he lay there for some time regaining his strength, he could sense his master reaching out to the bond, he flooded it with relieved thoughts.

Letting his Master know he was alive.

Back on Corrusant Qui-Gon remained in the healers wing for several days, but once he was able, the Council wanted a report of the events as they happened.

Obi-Wan had been interviewed by the Council but they were not satisfied with his report, they thought he had left out many details.

In front of the council Qui-Gon told the story but was unable to answer their questions in regards to the duel between the Sith and his Padawan.

Mace was the first to bring up the battle.

?Qui-Gon how is it possible that your apprentice was able to destroy a fully grown Sith.?

Qui-Gon chuckled at Mace?s choice of words.

?I hardly think he destroyed him Mace? ?It was a long drop to the bottom?
    "That would kill anyone."

Qui-Gon thought he must have said something wrong as all the Councillors glanced to each other a

6. PadawanEstel

PadawanEstel Jedi Master star 1

Jan 23, 2004
    Noooooooo...
    Obi-Wan didn't do it! :_|
    And now the Council's going to be mean to him...:rolleyes:
    Liking this a lot!

7. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Oh, dear. :( Did Obi-Wan go look in the archives during the period when his master was being so cold and distant? I wouldn't blame him for not asking Qui-Gon during that time.

Obi-Wan didn't draw on the dark side, but it is curious that he felt the Force so strongly.

Keep it up! Great story.

8. Padawan_Anne

Jun 24, 2005
    Oh cruel fate [face_frustrated]

hmm...Obi on the dark side of the force? [face_thinking] This could raise an interesting debate....[face_mischief] Personally I have to admit its more fun, [face_devil] but....not for Obi. :p That face is just too cute to be evil.[face_love]

9. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    Obi was framed I tell you framed.:_| Poor little Obi Wan wouldn't do that.[face_praying] Hang in there Obi.:*
    Rachel

10. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    So this is what you mean by "Ooops"? The Council is going to do...do..I can't say it.

?Then know how it happened we must? answered Mace Windu Notice, do I. That talking like Yoda, many are. :p

11. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    PadawanEstel Obi-Wan didn't do it!

"Ummm didn't he"
    Glad your liking the story[:D]

maychorian Qui-Gon loves Obi-wan? well he does at the moment[face_worried]

Padawan_Anne a dark Obi would be fun, but your right he's toooooo cute to be evil[face_devil]

AriaJediKnight Poor little Obi Wan wouldn't do that No he's to sweet[face_thinking]

padmay_skywalker Never fear the dark side
    only if the light bulb blows OOOOps[face_idea]

12. Padawan_Anne

Jun 24, 2005

[face_laugh] ;) You better have brought some of my fav. element into the story! Qui ass kicking [face_devil] Even if it has to be by a sith instead of Mace or Yoda[face_frustrated]

[face_laugh] I'll drink to that [face_coffee]

13. LilQui-Gon

LilQui-Gon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 29, 2004
    I forgot to review after I read, sorry Gkilkenny. :oops: Great post I loved the chapter. Keep 'em coming!!! :D

14. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    Padawan_AnneQui ass kicking
    Your favourite element I thought it was mine?8-}

LilQui-Gon Heres another post for you
    Thanks for reviewing[:D]

Obi-wan stared at Qui-Gon, it had never occurred to him that they would think he would turn to the dark side.

?No Master? ? I would never delve into the dark side? I-I just couldn?t?
    ?Oh Master please believe me? ?I didn?t use the dark side, I-I don?t know how it happened."

"I just lifted my arm and pointed my fingers at him.
    ?T-then he just exploded. ?I- I wasn?t angry or afraid?

I-I asked him why he wanted to kill me and he laughed and said he wanted all Jedi dead.?

?Oh Master what will happen to me? the boy was visibly shaking now, his eyes were filling with tears.

?Calm down my young apprentice? I believe you, and we will make the council believe it too.?
    ?Oh thank you Master, I am sorry about the archives I will not go there ever again.?

?That?s good my Obi-Wan I sincerely hope you keep that promise, otherwise the Council might not be lenient with you.?

After a closed session with the Council a decision was made to test Obi-Wan?s force sensitivity and redo his midi-chlorian levels, he was forbidden to ever go to the ancient sith archives and was put on probation.
    He would have sessions with the Council and they would search his aura for darkness.

That meant that Obi-Wan would not be allowed to go on missions for several months until they discovered if there was a problem or not.

This didn?t sit well with either Qui-Gon or Obi-Wan.

Qui-Gon motioned for the boy to go to their quarters while he stayed and discussed this situation with the Council.

Once the boy had gone Qui-Gon launched into a verbal attack.

?Why are you doing this you have known Obi-Wan for sixteen years, and you nor I have had any cause to reprimand him for any misbehaviour, He is an honourable and dedicated Jedi.

?It may be possible that the Dark one exploded without Obi-wan?s intervention.
    ?I believe my apprentice acted as the force dictated? Qui-Gon said with a touch of pride in his voice.

?That may be, Qui-Gon.? But sure we must be, allow him on missions would be remiss of us should anything happen.?

?Once tested and we confirm that there is no darkness, he will be re instated.? Mace announced.

Qui-Gon went to protest. But Mace held up his hand.

?We will not discuss this further.? He added.

The next day Obi-wan was commanded to report to the healers ward for testing.

The closer he got to the healers office the weaker he began to feel, his master was with him and noticed Obi-wans lack of stamina.

?Padawan do you feel alright? ?If you are worried about what they find do not fear, I will not allow anything to happen to you, you have my promise?

?I don?t know Master I feel alright, but not the same as I did yesterday, I feel drained, like the force is withdrawing slightly.
    ?Yet yesterday I felt stronger than I ever have, the force was here, Obi pointed to his heart.
    ?Today it feels allusive?.

Once the test was complete Qui-Gon sent the boy home to rest, Qui-Gon was extremely worried about his Padawan.

Something was happening to his Padawan, and he didn?t understand what it was.
    Qui-Gon had felt the force swirling around, up there on the cliff top, but because he was in so much pain he couldn?t identify where it was coming from.

He meditated but the force was strangely silent. He waited with the Council members for the results of his Padawan?s midi-chlorian count.

It seemed to take much longer than normal for the results to be known and when the healer came out with the results.
    Councillor Mace Windu asked that very question.

?Is there a problem with his results? It took much longer than normal??
    The healer nodded his head.
    ?Yes We had to test his blood twice, we think there was a problem with the machinery.

?The first time we ran the program, his count went off the chart, and we all know that is impossible.?

?So we recalibrated the program, cleaned

15. Seven

Seven Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 2000
    Another great one!

16. AriaJediKnight

AriaJediKnight Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 9, 2005
    o_O. Wow. THAT WAS SO COOL!!!!!!!!!:D I knew Obi Wan was innocent.
    Rachel

17. padmay_skywalker

May 27, 2005
    I knew all along that Obi was innocent.

That was wonderful. And curse your cliff-hangers![face_frustrated]

18. Padawan_Anne

Jun 24, 2005
    Yours? You must be joking. 8-} I've been a Qui hater since I first saw him on screen. :p

I wonder........you have really got me thinking about this whole ordeal. The force seeming to cluster about Obi and then vanish back to normal. Im starting to wonder....[face_thinking] How this will turn out. I dont know what to think about Obi and the strength from the force he feels. Its very......intriguing. [face_thinking]

19. Star_Drifter

Star_Drifter Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 18, 2005
    [face_thinking] Hmmmmm. I guess that I can't really blame the Sith for being upset. After all, his Apprentice did have a rather "shocking experience" before he "blew up."

But he had better not hurt Obi! [face_shame_on_you]

Excellent post! =D= You keep your readers wondering about what the Force is going to do to protect him!

More, please! [face_batting]

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Feel like I'm stepping into the middle of a movie, but now that I''m caught up, I hope to stay with each post. Nicely done fic Glilkenny. :)

21. Gkilkenny

Mar 27, 2004
    SevenThanks I'm glad you like it.[:D]

AriaJediKnight I knew Obi Wan was innocent.

Yes But there's innocent and then again there's not[face_worried]

padmay_skywalker com'on you LOVE Cliff hangers
    [face_worried]

Padawan_Anne I've been a Qui hater since I first saw him on screen.

Wow you've hated him for That long =D=

Star_Drifter "shocking experience" before he "blew up." Haa Haa that's shocking
    The force is supposed to be with them always isn't that what they keep saying.:D

Healer Leona Thank you very much for reading, I am pleased that you like my story[:D]

My duty is to post regularly[face_peace]

22. Padawan_Anne

Jun 24, 2005

I know an evil jedi when I see one. ;) [face_devil]

23. jodiwent

jodiwent Jedi Master star 4

Feb 11, 2000
    I'm all caught up with reading, and all caught up in the story.

24. maychorian

maychorian Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 7, 2005
    Ooh, intriguing post. It looks like someone is messing around with Obi's midi-chlorian count. But who? And how? And why? I like Qui-Gon's defensiveness of his Padawan. Please stop hinting that will change! :( It scares me. I can't imagine what would have to happen for Qui-Gon to turn against Obi-Wan. That's just horrible to contemplate.

25. Padawan_Anne

Jun 24, 2005
    I can't imagine what would have to happen for Qui-Gon to turn against Obi-Wan.

cough he already did cough

[face_whistling]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.