main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Guitar Hero- HUMOR! Obi-Wan and Anakin play the game!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by LilyHobbitJedi, Dec 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LilyHobbitJedi

LilyHobbitJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 29, 2005
    Title: Guitar Hero
    Author: LilyHobbitJedi
    Timeframe: Set between TPM and AOTC
    Characters: Obi-Wan, Anakin, and a surprise guest.
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: Obi-Wan and Anakin discover the game Guitar Hero.
    Notes: I've spent the last few days playing Guitar Hero 3 nonstop, and I finally beat the game tonight. To celebrate I've decided to write this little story that has been nagging at me the whole time I was playing. I hope you enjoy it!

Guitar Hero

?Blast!? thought Obi-Wan Kenobi. It wasn?t the first time he couldn?t find his Padawan, and he was sure it wouldn?t be the last. He and Anakin were scheduled for a mission the following day, and he needed to tell him. And for some reason he couldn?t find Anakin?again. Obi-Wan sighed and reached out with the Force, but to no avail, Anakin didn?t respond.

Obi-Wan was starting to head back towards his quarters when he suddenly heard laughter. When the Jedi Master decided to investigate, he finally discovered where Anakin was at last. His Padawan was preoccupied, but not with some droid he was rebuilding, but a hologame of some sort. He moved closer to look at it without disturbing Anakin.

On the screen showed different colored dots hurtling down the screen to the end where, Obi-Wan figured Anakin had to hit the corresponding button at the right time on a peculiar looking instrument of some sort. The character onscreen had an instrument as well and seemed to follow Anakin?s moves. And the music?who listened to this stuff and why did they still have hearing?

The song ended, and Anakin then noticed Obi-Wan?s presence immediately. ?Master!? he exclaimed worriedly.

?I?ve been looking all over for you, Padawan,? Obi-Wan said softly. ?But I can see that your mind was elsewhere.?

?I?m sorry Master,? Anakin apologized. ?But Guitar Hero is the most wizard game I?ve ever seen!?

?Guitar Hero?? Obi-Wan asked quizzically.

?Yes, strange name,? Anakin agreed. ?But it must have been made with Jedi in mind, because you need amazing reflexes for it.?

?How did you get this game?? Obi-Wan asked suspiciously.

?I didn?t,? Anakin answered. ?It was just here one day. All the other Padawans having been playing it too.?

?Interesting,? Obi-Wan said uninterested. ?Still, there are other things to be focusing on instead of some child?s game.?

?If it?s for children,? Anakin said, a slow grin forming on his face. ?Then you should have no problems playing it, Master.?

Obi-Wan sighed and knew he?d walked right into this one, and the only way to satisfy Anakin?s curiosity would be to play the game. ?Ok, I?ll play.?

The older Jedi put the strap of the controller around his shoulder and then moved to select a song. He picked the very first one, Slow Ride.

Obi-Wan found immediately that Anakin was right. First he was highly confused as to why nothing happened when he pressed the buttons; until he learned a short time after that he needed to strum it at the same time. Anakin watched with rapt attention, trying not to burst out laughing at his Master?s frustration.

To say that he had issues at first would be a fact, but it was also true that he soon got the hang of it. And soon Obi-Wan was just as engrossed as Anakin had been. He played more and more, and finally he beat the final level, a difficult battle with some strange devilish being. After the game was beat, he turned to Anakin.

?That wasn?t so difficult.? He remarked.

?Master,? Anakin said in a pained voice. ?Do you realize you?ve been playing for over an hour and a half and I?ve left the room at least 3 times while you were going at it.?

?Really?? Obi-Wan said pleasantly. ?Well, I do have admit it was a brilliant reflex training exercise.?

?Master!? Anakin exclaimed with a long suffering look. ?Can?t you just admit it was fun??

?Training can be fun, my Padawan,? Obi-Wan replied nonchalant. Then seeing the somewhat disgusted look on Anakin?s face he chuckled. ?Yes, it was quite enjoyable. But I still say their taste in music has much to be desired.?

Anaki

2. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved it to see them having fun with a game. Great writing

3. Quigonjecca

Quigonjecca Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 2, 2007
    Oh this was fabulous! I've played Guitar Hero before, and it's really fun. Plus, I play guitar in real life so... yeah. This was my favorite:

A small being with wrinkled green skin and two long pointed ears watched the two Jedi leaving the training room. ?Knew they would like it, I did.? Yoda said to himself hobbling into the training room. Setting down his gimer stick and putting the guitar strap across his shoulder and adjusting it, the Jedi Master faced the screen. ?Be a Guitar Hero, I will be.?

"Be a Guitar Hero, I will be"

I can just imagine Yoda with a little guitar rocking out to some good, hard core music!

I wonder what they would do with Dance Dance Revolution?

Great work!

4. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    Haha! Yoda playing Guitar Hero!

great job!

5. KELIA

KELIA Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 26, 2005
    [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was so cute!!

I loved how the game sucked all the Jedi in.

a Guitar Hero, I will be

Even Yoda!!

Great job on this and congrats on beating the game

=D= =D= =D= =D=

6. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    earlybird-obi-wan: Loved it to see them having fun with a game. Great writing

I'm glad you enjoyed it, thanks!

Quigonjecca: Oh this was fabulous! I've played Guitar Hero before, and it's really fun. Plus, I play guitar in real life so... yeah. This was my favorite:

Yes, I LOVE Guitar Hero too. Fun stuff!

"Be a Guitar Hero, I will be"

I can just imagine Yoda with a little guitar rocking out to some good, hard core music!

When the thought occured to me to make Yoda play Guitar Hero, I couldn't resist adding him.

I wonder what they would do with Dance Dance Revolution?

Interesting thought...

Great work!

Thank you so much!

anakin_luver: Haha! Yoda playing Guitar Hero!

Yuppers! :D

great job!

Thank you!

KELIA: That was so cute!!

I'm so glad you liked it.

I loved how the game sucked all the Jedi in.

Yeah, even Jedi can't resist it's lure.

a Guitar Hero, I will be

Even Yoda!!

Yuppers!

Great job on this and congrats on beating the game

Thank you so much! Both were fun to do!

7. hyperspace_police

hyperspace_police Jedi Master star 4

Jun 22, 2005
    That was great...

Now only if we could have all been [face_dancing] dancing along....

8. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    That was great...

Thanks!

Now only if we could have all been dancing along....

Very true!

9. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    A small being with wrinkled green skin and two long pointed ears watched the two Jedi leaving the training room. ?Knew they would like it, I did.? Yoda said to himself hobbling into the training room. Setting down his gimer stick and putting the guitar strap across his shoulder and adjusting it, the Jedi Master faced the screen. ?Be a Guitar Hero, I will be.?

[face_laugh] =D=

10. JediKaren

JediKaren Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 26, 2007
    wow that was great. My friend got it for Christmas and I tried playing it for the first time. Thank goodness I knew how to do DDR or I would have been bad as Obi Wan was.

11. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    ROFL, of course it was Yoda's fault!

12. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    LOL, great humorous writing. I guess reflex games would be good for Jedi, wouldn't they? And Yoda was the one who put it there... I knew the little green guy had awesome written all over him. A guitar hero, he will be!

Nice ;)

13. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    VaderLVR64: [face_laugh] =D=

Glad you liked it!

JediKaren: wow that was great. My friend got it for Christmas and I tried playing it for the first time. Thank goodness I knew how to do DDR or I would have been bad as Obi Wan was.

Happy you thought so! Yes, I too have played DDR and I love it. Guitar Hero was easier for me to pick up because I find it easier to hit notes with my fingers than my feet.

DarthIshtar: ROFL, of course it was Yoda's fault!

Most definitely!

ShrunkenJedi: LOL, great humorous writing. I guess reflex games would be good for Jedi, wouldn't they? And Yoda was the one who put it there... I knew the little green guy had awesome written all over him. A guitar hero, he will be!

Yes, Yoda is for sure. When I started writing the story, the image of a Guitar Hero playing Yoda entered my mind and so I had to add him.

Nice

Thanks!

14. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I can't understand the attraction to guitar hero (never played it, probably never will), but this was hilarious, Lily! Loved it! :D

That made my day. :D

=D=

15. Onoto

Onoto Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 7, 2004
    Very funny, especially the bit with Yoda. Nice job!

16. Alley_Skywalker

Alley_Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 27, 2005

[face_laugh]
    Wonderful ending touch, that is! Lol.

What fun, and even though I'm not much into video games I know some can be all too addicting :D Great job on this=D=

17. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    ROTFLMAO!!! This. Is. Awesome :D

18. LilyHobbitJedi

Aug 29, 2005
    Idrelle_Miocovani: I can't understand the attraction to guitar hero (never played it, probably never will), but this was hilarious, Lily! Loved it!

I'm so glad you found this story and enjoyed it. :D

That made my day.

Thank you!

Onoto:Very funny, especially the bit with Yoda. Nice job!

Thank you so much!

Alley_Skywalker:Wonderful ending touch, that is! Lol.

I'm so glad you enjoyed it, thank you.

What fun, and even though I'm not much into video games I know some can be all too addicting Great job on this

That's for sure. Usually I'm not a big gamer, but Guitar Hero has been my weakness.

NYCitygurl: ROTFLMAO!!! This. Is. Awesome

Thank you so much, I'm glad you liked it!

19. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005

I had been giggling before that, but... this, this made me laugh. [face_laugh] Yoda! Love Yoda!

Well done, Lily. :)

20. Jaina_and_Jag

Jaina_and_Jag Jedi Master star 5

Apr 19, 2003
    [face_laugh] Oh gosh! I loved Obi playing Guitar Hero! [face_laugh] *resists urge to break out PS2 and play Guitar Hero* (It's like 1:30 in the morning and I have to work tomorrow. Look what you've done! :p )

21. Darth_Teacher

Darth_Teacher Jedi Youngling

Jun 7, 2008
    BWAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hilarious fic! I'm more of a piano person myself,and have never played guitar hero, but I'd give my right arm to see Obi strumming it down! Go Obi Go! LOL!

22. bobafett15

bobafett15 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2008
    LOL funny. That happens alot, the whole blocking everything else out while u play. Very funny.
    BTW, i also have a fic, and im looking 4 input on it. Escape from Order66 and New fic are my creations, on the Saga board. Once again, LOL.

23. TigerofRobare

TigerofRobare Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 11, 2006
    I loved that, it was wonderful :))

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.