main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guitar in the Simpsons End Title?

Discussion in 'Star Wars And Film Music' started by pahket, Aug 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    Hey, gang. I'm doing an arrangement for fun of the Addams Family version of the Simpson's Closing Titles (anyone familiar with the "Songs in the Key of Springfield" album should know it), but I'm hitting a wall when it comes to the lead guitar (playing the melody along with the theremin). Namely, I'm trying to find a midi instrument setting that will mimic the sound. It's meant to have nearly the same timbre as the lead guitar in the 007 theme (dun da-da dun duuunnnn dun dun dun dun da-da dun duuuunnnn dun dun dun, etc.), nice and 60's-cheesy status. It sounds like a cross between what most midi sets refer to as Jazz Guitar and Muted Guitar. The trouble is, Muted Guitar, which sounds most accurate, is too muted; there's not enough sustain to carry it through the melody. Does anybody know a soundfont/instrument that would mimic the correct guitar type/playing style I'm trying to duplicate?

2. andy1044

andy1044 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 26, 2006
    If you want something that accurately mimics the guitar, you're going to have to move away from general MIDI and get a guitar sample library. You might be able to find the right VST for free somewhere online.

3. pahket

pahket Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 6, 2001
    To be sure. I'm sequencing this all with the best of my soundfonts' individual instruments. I've already gotten an unbelievable-sounding harpsichord and a very fun theremin, but it's this guitar that's throwing me. Since I'm not a guitar player, I'm having difficulty pegging the guitar type/playing style. Any idea what I should be looking for in a soundfont/patch?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.