main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    This. Let's face it: The brass at the NRA no longer represents most reasonable gun owners, they represent the gun manufactuers and retailers.

Jedi Merkurian and V-2 like this.
  2. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
  3. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    I'd assumed it already was.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  4. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    I believe some states have such a law on their books, but I don't think there's a federal one.

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yeah, there aren't a ton of Federal gun laws on the books.

6. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
  7. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    Yes of course.

My previous point was that despite a comprehensive weapons ban in Australia, we still have a problem with those kinds of weapons in some parts of the country, such that the NSW police has assembled a specific taskforce. The issue is that bans and background checks are relatively easily to overcome if there is a determined intention to possess such a weapon. You simply look to the black market. So yeah, whilst in Australia it is organized criminals who appear to be in possession of Uzis, rather than an ordinary citizen, the fact remains in the US that those weapons are on tap and will be easily accessible regardless of universal background checks . What I am advocating is not that background checks aren't an important element, they are, but there needs to be a more specific law enforcement focus on schools and protecting school children from gun violence. There needs to be a fundamental shakeup relating to the current allocation of law enforcement resources so that this threat to school kids posed is given the resources it deserves.

8. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
  9. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
  10. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    Apparently they make pink guns now. For some reason. I'm sure it will help slow down any intruders as they double over with laughter before getting shot in the head by a responsible pink gun owner.

V-2 likes this.
  11. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    no i mean im pretty sure that if you own a pink gun, functional or no, its a toy and you are a giant child

12. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001
    They're to attract women in the hopes that if it looks 'womanly' then women will buy it. That or they're really trying to nail down that butch, gun owning homosexual market.

13. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    This just sickens me.

WHY DON'T THEY HAVE GUNS WITH POLKA DOTS ON THEM!?:mad:

Blithe likes this.
  14. SuperWatto

SuperWatto Chosen One star 7

Sep 19, 2000
    Police spokesman Johnathan Bragg said the incident tragically illustrates the importance of securing all household weapons.

"If you have guns, if you own guns mostly we would prefer you have them in a lock box," Bragg told News 4. "At least have them out of the reach of children."

That's unconstitutional!

yankee8255 and V-2 like this.
  15. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Kids need to learn how to use guns at the earliest age possible, so they can defend America from the terrorists.[face_flag]

16. Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi

Lady_Sami_J_Kenobi Jedi Master star 6

Jul 31, 2002
    Or at least put trigger locks on them, for cripes sake! As for 'pink' guns, I had a standard Colt 45 automag and a standard .357 Smith & Wesson. No girly guns for me, no sir!

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    All guns should be pink by federal law.

18. Juliet316

Apr 27, 2005
    Yes, because some women just LOVE being sterotyped by manufacturers thinking we'll only by crap in Pink.:rolleyes:

Seriously, I have nothing against pink, I own several things in pink, but if I was ever going to buy a gun (and I'm not), it's going to be in a color that a gun should look like.

That being said, I woudn't mind owning a hot pink taser disguised as a flashlight so that idiots trying to mug me laugh at my flashlight before I send 100,000 volts through their bodies. ;)

19. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    I I watched a bit of the Morgan/Nugent get-together. Nugent is an ass, plane and simple. There are people who are incredibly stupid who think what they say is intelligent. Nugent is one of those people.

20. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    I got a pink gun for ya right here

Rogue_Ten likes this.
  21. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Received this email today...

Dear Parents and Guardians:

I want to inform you of a police investigation taking place in the City of ******** today. The investigation involves a ******** High student.

Earlier today, an official with the Police Department informed the District that a student may have taken a firearm from his family residence. The student did not come to school and the police are actively looking for him.

As a precaution, ******** High School, and nearby ******** Elementary and ********* Middle Schools were placed in "lock-out." The police no longer believe that the student is in the area or a threat to any school. Accordingly, all schools are back to their routine safety protocols.

We will continue to work closely with school officials and law enforcement to ensure the safety of students and staff across the District.

Continue to monitor the District website, for updated information.

John Poynton
    Department of Communications

22. Fire_Ice_Death

Fire_Ice_Death Force Ghost star 7

Feb 15, 2001

Of course he's an ass. That was his best weapon for getting out of serving his country whilst cheering on those that do.

23. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Do you mean aeroplane and simple, or geometric plane and simple, or plane (the tool for shaping wood) and simple?

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  24. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hydroplane and simple.

Ender_Sai likes this.
  25. AAAAAH

AAAAAH Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    planes and samples