main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Remember TripleB, and how he legitimately thought Red Dawn was going to happen?

Adorable.

2. Rogue_Ten

Rogue_Ten Chosen One star 7

Aug 18, 2002
    i thought that was darth ghost?

3. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    No, it was TripleB, who used to GEt excited and when CAptialising WOrds always manage to hold the SHift key a bit too long and ENd up with the FIrst two letters CApitalised.

Like every. single. post.

4. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    You might not know this about gun owners since I assume you avoid frank and productive discussion with them, but your oft-invoked "gun owners are insecure about their masculinity and shoot only in an attempt to reinforce it," trope is not totally on the mark. In the circles with which I have experience, those people are shunned and told to find another hobby because they make the rest of us look like jackasses.

I will agree that open carry is idiotic, however.

Also, what the hell kind of ammunition are you even referencing that travels only 330 ft per second?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    See, in Europe those men insecure about their penises drive X6s.

FatBurt likes this.
  6. Wanderguard

Wanderguard Jedi Knight star 1

May 15, 2014
    Lol.

Let me be clear, I'm not asserting that it's untrue altogether, only that it's worth noting how those kind of people are often ridiculed even among those who own and operate firearms.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    The X6 is the ugliest thing ever, except for gun ownership.

yankee8255 likes this.
  8. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    School shooting at a High School in Washington State.:(

9. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Hi Juliet.

Valairy Scot and Ender Sai like this.
  10. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Initial reports indicate the shooter was a student, and is now deceased (with no indication of whether it was self-inflicted or not), and there are at least 4 other casualties (no indication whether they are dead or just wounded). No word on what sort of firearms were used, let alone how the shooter (who has not been identified) acquired them, or any motivation(s) for the attack.

I will stress that these sort of situations rarely have good or accurate information in the first 24 hours. We can expect a lot of conflicting information and corrections to previously released information, likely until at least Monday. Remember that after Sandy Hook, many sources claimed that Ryan Lanza was the shooter, instead of his brother, Adam. After the Oklahoma City bombing, reports claimed it was committed by Islamic terrorists, instead of McVeigh and Nichols.

Right now, all we can do is wait, and pray for comfort for the families of those involved.

11. Juliet316

Juliet316 Chosen One star 10

Apr 27, 2005
    CNN is reporting that the shooter apparently committed suicide. At least one eyewitness is saying it was a handgun.

One other person is confirmed dead.:(

12. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Whilst that is true, my current gut feel is that this is one of those occasions where ease of access to guns may have made this a bit easier for said shooter to do the shooting.

I agree that there will be other underlying issues and various other things that will have caused or prompted this individual to do what they did and again it is important that this is uncovered so that things can be put in place to reduce the chances of it happening again.

I do however still think that it more than likely wouldn't have happened irrespective of any other influences had this individual not had easy access to guns.

13. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    [​IMG]

thanks for reminding me of this. hilarious and absurd

14. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    OK well the answer here is to ensure all children from age 4 are armed with at least one 17-round Glock. Extended magazines are optional. Jesus wanted Americans free, and that means giving them firearms and no soul so they could put their right to own guns over other's right to life. [face_flag]

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  15. Kimball_Kinnison

Kimball_Kinnison Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 28, 2001
    Glocks, being double stack, are too wide for 4 year olds. A 1911 or single stack 9 mm or 380 would be better.

16. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Whatever happened to committing suicide in the comfort of your own home, like people did in the old days? Why go to all the trouble of shooting up a school, that's just selfish.

17. Mr44

Mr44 VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 21, 2002
    Don't forget to make them in fashion prints and colors. There could be the Elsa from Frozen design, the Lego Batman version, Hello Kitty, or fashion colors like leopard print or rugged camo.

18. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I wonder if those Kevlar school back packs are still selling well in the US?

19. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Ah, humanity. I "love" you so.

20. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    So does this mean more people in the U.S. have died today from guns than Ebola?

yankee8255 and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  21. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002

its highly unlikely there will ever be a day where this will not be true

22. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    wow, a popular kid was bullied? the class prince no less? what the hell is going on here?

23. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    maybe it was a carrie scenario where they made him class prince just to get him on stage so they could dump pig's blood on him? classic

24. wall of sick

wall of sick Jedi Padawan star 3

Sep 9, 2014
    THEY'RE ALL GONNA LAUGH AT YOU

25. Rogue_Ten

Aug 18, 2002
    actually no i looked it up and the guy was pretty damn good looking so that's probably not what happened