main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Penguinator

Penguinator Former Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 23, 2005
    How do religious gun owners reconcile firearms with the Ten Commandments?

2. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Well, a lot of gun nuts believe that God gave them the right to own them, or something.

3. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    The same way they reconcile the Bible with reality. Creative interpretation.

CT-867-5309 and Healer_Leona like this.
  4. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    I'd like to take this opportunity to point out that people who think guns are dangerous are in fact sexually insecure and inferior and most likely democrat.

This is seriously how the NRA crowd thinks. Please, NRA crowd, prove me wrong...or are we all [slang term for vaginas]?

5. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I have e-mailed my State Assemblywoman (Republican)(lower house of the California legislature), State Senator (R)(upper house of the state legislature), U.S. Representative (R), U.S. Senators (both D), and Governor (D) about enacting much stricter gun control legislation. Thing is,

1. California already has among the strictest gun laws of any state, modest as they are.
    2. The Democrats are already in favor of modest gun control and there aren't enough people who want stricter laws for them to change their minds and/or they think it's unrealistic.
    3. State Assemblywoman Young Kim and State Senator Bob Huff would never in a million years introduce, sponsor, or vote for any sort of gun control legislation. Same with U.S. Representative Ed Royce.

So yes, democracy at work. As an American I am required to vote for a ridiculous number of offices (and I'm among the <20% of Americans who can name all of their legislators) and I get no representation from any of them. [face_dancing] [face_flag] Heller would likely be overturned involving a city like Chicago or Seattle or... maybe it will be D.C. again.

6. Mortimer Snerd

Mortimer Snerd Force Ghost star 4

Dec 27, 2012
    You are part of what some might call the heroic minority.

anakinfansince1983 and Sepra like this.
  7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Yes. I am the hero who types angry things on the internet!

8. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    They're not angry. Just miffed. But not slightly miffed... fairly miffed. Reasonably miffed.

9. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    My representative and senators took the initiative already actually, although I sent notes pushing them to do more than what was discussed in the Senate today.

The Internet makes this much easier now, thank goodness. It's hard to call them when you have a job.

I am considering going to my former senators/reps some of whom are Republican and telling them that I'm donating to their opponent if they don't get it together and do the right thing. Or giving my old zip codes as well so they think I'm a voter. (Is that something they check?)

Actually, I haven't checked to see if there's an Act Blue page on this yet... (And I just did and it's anemic at best.)

10. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
  11. V-2

V-2 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 10, 2012
    Anyone else reminded of Four Lions?

Diggy likes this.
  12. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001

But you said "your property" and said material damage would result in a reaction equal to that with family harm in your earlier post. There isn't anything I own that cannot be replaced. Would I be ****** off and want to thump him in the face? Yes! But, kill someone? Nah. That's not the same as my kin. Not even close.

13. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I believe you also said if someone stole your property and was running away...well, in that case, you no longer were defending yourself and/or family from harm. IMHO.

That's a lot different than someone breaking in, refusing to heed your command to stop...

14. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    Killing someone for theft is crazy. That is insane. I'm sorry but it is. There is nothing materially so important. Now another human being, that's different. I can get behind defending your family or self. But killing for "stuff"…no way.

15. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    But, my right god damn it, etc...

16. ShaneP

Mar 26, 2001
    I would imagine their Christian God, if he is real, probably would God Damn him for killing someone because he took his Nikes.

17. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    That same Christian god that lifted precisely no fingers to avert the Orlando killing?

How anyone can be so profoundly weak to believe in "God" is beyond me, after this. But given the argument man invented god in man's image, I'm sure he is a petty, jealous, vindictive, capricious little ****.

Healer_Leona likes this.
  18. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    anybody watching the filibuster?

Jedi Merkurian , Rew and Sepra like this.
  19. Sepra

Sepra Force Ghost star 5

Jan 14, 2016
    I was! I was thinking of giving questions to my Senator, who is asking for topics to get Sen Murphy to talk about.

20. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    do it! it's pretty cool.

it's telling to me that, when democrats filibuster, they spend 12+ hours in meaningful dialogue about the issue. in contrast, ted cruz read green eggs and ham.

21. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    He couldn't well confess to his crimes now, could he?

22. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    I just assumed that Ted was reading a book at his reading comprehension level.

23. Scapro Tyler

Scapro Tyler Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 17, 2015
    That sounds about right.

24. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Given who my Senators are, I would probably get a response like "Run along, sweetheart."

25. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    And they would wonder why you weren't busy ironing your husband's shirts and making him a sammich.