main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    Rylo Ken, V-2, Iron_lord and 4 others like this.
  2. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    America can still be saved though. It totally can.

100%.

yankee8255 likes this.
  3. yankee8255

yankee8255 Force Ghost star 6

May 31, 2005
    With all the focus on the idiocy spewing forth from the President, the fact that a significant number of right wing extremists carrying AR-15s and wearing body armor has been completely overlooked.

It's a miracle it didn't turn into a blood bath.

4. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Apparently caches of weapons according to Virginia's Governor were also found throughout Charlotteville.

Like you said, miracle it didn't get so much worse.

5. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    currently an active shooter/hostage situation less than two blocks from my office (where i am) at a very popular restaurant here in downtown charleston, very close to mother emanuel AME church, the site of the massacre two years ago.

apparently one body found in the street, hit prior to suspect entering building.

living in these deep south states is essentially the wild west.

6. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
  7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Cue Clay Davis response: Shhiiiiiii.....

8. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    gunman killed one. was shot, in critical condition and transported to hospital. other hostages safe.

while hostage situation still ongoing, and trying to figure out what the hell was going on, twitter inundated with trump bots crowing about the gunman's african american race. country's gone to hell

we're no longer locked down in my building

9. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Stay safe heels1785 .

And apparently according to those bots, white people never do anything violent.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Well, that's something, good to know you're safe. As for the other pieces of your post, damn.

11. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    did you take a moment to thank the Lord Jesus for founding America and giving you that blessed freedom, heels1785?

appleseed and heels1785 like this.
  12. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    muh fraydom and muh concealed carry laws. second mendment, standing militia, 20 elementary school kids slaughtered in Connecticut won't phase us, checkmate.

funny thing is, my city has been voted "best in the world" and "friendliest city" by some obscure horse**** publication for the last two years. we are reminded of it through shameless and endless marketing, constantly.

the murderer today was a deranged sick **** who had immediate access to a revolver after getting fired this morning from his dishwashing job. came back three hours later and planted a round in the head chef's head. poor guy's wife was absolutely inconsolable. leaves behind two kids who now will grow up without their dad.

even with your man-eating snakes, tennis ball-sized mosquitoes, and the terrifying box jellyfish I know for a fact that I'd be safer in any of your great land's many cities, Ender. "best in the world," smh.

i haven't done my part to advocate for meaningful change, I admit that. It's easier to whine and be dishonourable. So I'll do that for now.

Rew, Jedi Ben, Juliet316 and 2 others like this.
  13. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    yeah so apparently Melbourne is the most livable city, but that's nonsense. They have deconstructed meals there, and too many hispters. Their natural feature is a poo brown river through the city.

Tis a silly place.

Artoo-Dion and heels1785 like this.
  14. heels1785

Dec 10, 2003
    I'll gladly have some of that poo brown water over a shot to the skull

:)

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    But you have shrimp and grits. Ender doesn't have freedom OR shrimp and grits.

heels1785 likes this.
  16. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    We have prawns, which is the word I believe you're searching for when you say "shrimp."

We have grit too; the entire centre of he country is full of small bits of dirt and sand.

But Heels, look. You can have gun violence, or you can have bearded knobs in skinny jeans with dogeared but not-understood copies of Proust or Foucault ordering "deconstructed lattes" which is just a ****ING DIY COFFEE YOU PRETENTIOUS MELBOURNIAN GITS. Both are horrific forms of terror that no human should be made to endure.

It's basically same same.

17. Artoo-Dion

Artoo-Dion Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 9, 2009
    Melbourne: it's like someone decided that Newtown was a good template for an entire city.

Can I have a deconstructed Glock with my latte?

18. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Melbournian Glock 34:

[​IMG]

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  19. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    Is it Melbournian because the numbers are transposed? :)

Or you could come to Portland. We have BOTH problems. Yay.....

tom likes this.
  20. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Sarchet likes this.
  21. Sarchet

Sarchet Jedi Master star 2

Jan 23, 2016
    That's.... disturbing Ender Sai. Portlanders haven't caught on to that yet. I give it three weeks.

22. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001

Then cafes will look like:

[​IMG][​IMG]

heels1785 likes this.
  23. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh ye gods, that is an abomination and I'm not even a coffee drinker.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Gun use, UK style:

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...rseyside-most-criminally-used-firearm-britain

V-2 and anakinfansince1983 like this.
  25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    NIneteen in seven years? Pretty sure it would have to be 19 in seven minutes to get that statistic here.

Juliet316 , Rew and Jedi Ben like this.
  26. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Oh, I'm sure the US can do 'better', gone in 60 seconds?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.