main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Senate Gun Control

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ghost, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I don't care that someone didn't show up till now or how many pages they've read. Still no reason to belittle someone.

2. Jar-Jar Binks

Jar-Jar Binks SWC Late Show With JJB Host star 8 VIP - Game Host

Nov 17, 2016
  3. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    Obviously, because they will let any riff raff in here.

At no point did I claim to run the show. I'm entitled I think to view someone either intentionally or unintentionally misrepresenting my posts as a minor annoyance and respond. How I respond is obviously controlled by rules and as the person who has the actual authority here (and isn't officiously mini-modding) said the how was inappropriate.

This is easily avoided by not responding to made up bull**** because you're not quite following the conversation but want to. And by not responding like a twit, something we could both learn from?

4. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Calling out your bull**** isn't mini-modding.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
    PCCViking and Juliet316 like this.
  5. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Responding to a misrepresentation of posts is fine. Bashing comments by public officials in the US is fine. Comments about putting someone on ignore or wanting to put someone on ignore has been considered bait for as long as the ignore function has existed.

Let’s get back to gun control.

6. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    Mate I've basically just said that and moved on. This topic was doing fine until two posters showed up. And I don't meant Hef and J-Rod with their copypasta arguments about how if you didn't have guns then nothing would be there to defend you from blac...I mean, any people of any race gun rights are for all but I'm sorry I don't know who Philandro Castille was but yeah to stop people breaking into your home with the intent to rape you for Satan. I actually would like @Hef and @J-Rod to come back and try to explain why doors and video games are to blame for school shootings and how gun control in other countries has lead to 1 in every 1 student being stabbed by the government.

7. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Thanks.

So one thing I saw recently about the Santa Fe shooting is that the fact that the shooter used a shotgun and pistol could harm movements to ban semi-semi-automatic weapons like the AR-15.

... So basically the logic is "haha, see, you can kill a lot of people without a semi-automatic weapon. So semi-automatic weapons aren't a problem"... Wah? If even not-at-all automatic guns can do that much damage, isn't that actually an argument for how monumentally unsafe semi-automatics are?

Outsourced, Rew, Chewgumma and 2 others like this.
  8. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Hey, remember the Las Vegas shooter, about a dozen massacres ago?

Turns out that, after the Las Vegas Police failed to stop the documents on the shooter being sealed, he was a right-wing lunatic after all. Wonder why the police were so concerned with that not getting out?:rolleyes:

Outsourced, Point Given , Rew and 7 others like this.
  9. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    There was a massacre on Saturday?

10. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
  11. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    The eagle was probably trying to steal an Xbox or something.

Stand your ground. Freedomz.

12. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Stand your air.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    If the bald eagle had an IMI Desert Eagle this wouldn't have happened. How was it supposed to protect America unarmed?

14. Ava G.

Ava G. Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2016
    It's possible the shooter(s) can be found. Idiots have a tendency to brag loudly to their idiot friends.

Last edited: May 21, 2018
  15. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005
    Especially idiots who like to kill animals. See: Trump's sons.

16. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    Yeah. They're so pleased with themselves.

Juliet316 likes this.
  17. Nobody145

Nobody145 Force Ghost star 5

Feb 9, 2007
    Lack of CPR training too, probably. Because CPR will be so useful when you or another victim are bleeding out from gunshots.

And gays. Everything is their fault, somehow or other. Divine punishment and all. Possibly blacks too.

Probably Mexico or China too. If it weren't for their cheap labor, America would be a better nation and not have these mass shootings. I wouldn't be surprised if someone claimed that guns made in the US that were then sold to Mexicans and then smuggled back and used in a crime would somehow be Mexico's fault.

Oh, and bullying too, according to the killer's father. Not like his poor parenting or failure to secure his weapons played a part (knowing Texas, they'd probably prohibit locking up guns in case home invasion requires self defense or something). Since bullying results in school shootings in other countries too, oh wait, no it doesn't, that's an American thing. :rolleyes:

Next they'll start blaming little green men from Mars as the reason for these continued mass murders. Just as long as their sacred objects aren't blamed.

solojones, Ava G., Jedi Ben and 2 others like this.
  18. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Rejection by girls. If girls would just accept dates from every guy who harasses them, those guys won’t be tempted to shoot up schools.

The shooter’s father probably taught him that “no” from a girl means “keep asking.”

solojones, Ava G., Nobody145 and 4 others like this.
  19. Talos of Atmora

Talos of Atmora Force Ghost star 5

Jul 3, 2016
    [​IMG]

Jedi Merkurian and Ava G. like this.
  20. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I mean, mine and basically everyone I know. I've managed visits to two countries outside the US and loved it. I'd love to travel, but I don't see myself going into debt over it.

I should show you my list of places on the planet I'd like to visit, @Ender Sai As an obsessive list maker/intelligent person, I've made a list of over ten-thousand locations I'd like to visit/things I'd like to experience. Granted a fair amount of those are in the United States, but, you know, it is a very large & diverse country. I understand you know millionaires, so maybe you should try extrapolating beyond your lived experience. You honestly think if you offered an all-expenses paid trip to, say, Paris, which you love, that the majority of Americans would turn you down? The overwhelming majority would take you up on it. People are poor here, Ender. I'm not what I would consider poor (I see a lot of absolutely grinding poverty in this area), but I'm sure not middle class.

*boom*

21. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Did anyone in the celebrity death pool thread have the eagle?

Jedi Merkurian and Ender Sai like this.
  22. Ava G.

Jul 7, 2016
    I live in the hood. A slum. Photos of my apartment could probably be used as an effective means of psychological torture, despite my best efforts to spruce it up. It has broken apart to the point that it wouldn't be at all out of place as a settlement in Fallout.

But yeah, maybe if I collect enough cans I can get out there and experience more of the world. Any day now.

Jar-Jar Binks likes this.
  23. Ender Sai

Feb 18, 2001
    @Rogue1-and-a-half would that be the experience of once flying Jetstar to Phuket because I was in my 20s and on a decidedly mid range five figure salary in one of the most expensive cities to live in? That experience?

I do like how you ignored the statistical points because they were injurious to your argument. If I may offer advice, maybe this time being less art than science would be useful?

24. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am curious. For those that want a complete removal of the second amendment what do you think are the actual chances of that? Or is it just a Dream you have.

25. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011