main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive GuNgAnFaN3090's Fan Art!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by GuNgAnFaN3090, Apr 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GuNgAnFaN3090

GuNgAnFaN3090 Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 16, 2008
    Hey everyone, I wanted to show you some of my Fan Art. It's not the best quality because I don't have a scanner, but I thought I'd show you anyway. I have a few things ready...

First Is an Unfinished Mynock. I plan on giving it some color when I get some time. The backround is asteroid chuncks. This is one of my favorites that I've done. Hope you like it.

[image=http://img9.imageshack.us/img9/5895/0409091409.jpg]

Next is another Unfinshed one. It's a Duros. I've named him Vin Skye in honor of one of my FanFic characters, even though I drew this before writing the fic. There was more of him but I don't think it will show up quite right.

[image=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/2706/vinskye.jpg]

Third, I have an original character Jedi knight. Her name is Sali-Mim Orim. I had my cousin sit across from me as I drew this one. And now she loves it so much that she likes calling herself Sali-Mim Orim. I can't decide if I'm going to color this one or not.

[image=http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/7664/salimimorim.jpg]

I have only two other drawings on my computer, and since it's a rare chance when I get to put some one I thought I'd save them so I can update this. One of them is unfinshed and the other I just finished. Please give me lots of comments! Good or Bad, I like to know what people think and how they think I can improve my style. Thanks!

2. Commander_Ducky

Commander_Ducky Jedi Master star 3

Nov 5, 2008
    hey GuNgAnFaN! i realy like your stuff! i just have a few suggestions: mabe you could ink your pencil drawings, so that they stand out more, and are easier to see. Also you alreadt stated you will be colouring them in, and i deffenitly agree you should! also, for the jedi, the head seems realy big. or is that just me? :confused: :p
    good stuff. i can't wait for your update :D

edit: i looked at the jedi girl again, i think it was either my imagination, or the fact that we only see half her torso, that made me think her head was big [face_blush]

3. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks Ducky! I was thinking about inking some of them in, and I have one like that already. I'll put it up soon. I will color some and get them up as soon as possible. [face_peace] I see what you mean about the Jedi's head. But if you could see the whole picture it really isn't that big. Glad you liked them! :D

4. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Nice drawing of a mynock!

5. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks a lot! :D :D

6. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Very cool mynock!

7. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Thank you! :D :D

8. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    I love Vin Skye!! :D

9. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Thank you, he was one of my favorites to draw. :D

10. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    Hi Gunganfan,
    welcome to fanarts [:D]

It's a good start you have here, I like the mynock the best ^__^ Like ducky said I think it would look really good inked and colored.

On your Jedi, her head is looking a bit blocky, more square than round... Theres somes tutorials here on facial proportions. I hope it's some help ^_____^

edit: markups >.<

11. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Thank you very much. I welcome all advice!

Here's another drawing. A young Han Solo who I think looks a lot like a chick. He's based off the Han on the cover of "The Paradise Snare". Let me know what you think.

[image=http://img21.imageshack.us/img21/4691/hansolorules.jpg]

12. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    i like it! the only proble is that the heaqd is musc to small :p. it shold be alot bigger.

13. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    [face_laugh] You just hate all the heads I draw don't you? o_O Kidding, I know it's too small. I have another version that I never got onto the computer that has a way bigger head. But on that one, the body looks to small....

14. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    lol. no gungan i don't hate all your heads:p thogh, heads are difficult at first, and you should definatly mabey look at some anatomy books, or even just study people, and try to figure out all the right porportions! it will help :p

15. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    the head looks fine proportion-wise to me... I think what it is, the shoulders are too wide and too low down is what makes his head look small. Otherwise I think you did a good job. The face looks much better on this one =D=

16. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Thank you. :) Thanks to everyone for all the comments, they will help better my work. I'll know what to watch out for. I have one more pic that I will post soon. That'll be all for a little while. :( I really need a scanner.

17. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    lol, it sucks that you don't have a scanner. i know how it feels. mine broke like a week ago :_|

18. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    I'm going to get one soon. And now I can't find the last pic I uploaded to post. [face_frustrated] But as soon as I can I'll put it here.

19. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    [:D]

I know all about evil scanners.

:_|

But you are doing a good job anyway. I liked that mynock...

:D

20. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    [face_laugh] Keep them coming, Gun Gun!!

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Long time no see. I hope Darth RL is not to hard on you at present.

[:D]

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Hey, Gungan,

Glad to see you're posting some of your art here. You started off picking the most difficult subject - the human figure. You definitely have a nice start with all of you portraits so far and as for advice, I agree with what others have said previously about checking out some anatomy books. Even going about school or work on an everyday basis, study the people around you and take note on how they move and act. I found it helps a lot with understanding the human form.

As to lining up the features of the face - start with an oval shape and divide it in half vertically. This will be the line for the eyes. Continue to break the oval in half vertically to create lines for the base of the nose and the center of the mouth. There are a lot of other little tricks you can use to divide the head and find out where to place the ears, the corners of the mouth, the pupils, etc, but what I gave you is a just a basic understanding of the main features. I would start here and then once you get the hang of this, take the next step up. :)

23. GuNgAnFaN3090

Oct 16, 2008
    Thanks so much guys! Your tips have really helped. I have so much to put up, but I still don't have a scanner. :( I wonder how much a scanner goes for... [face_thinking]

Anyway, as soon as I get one I have some stuff to show ya'll! [face_dancing]

24. Commander_Ducky

Nov 5, 2008
    yay! [face_dancing] can't wait!

25. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    I am also very curious.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.