Beyond Gungans are Green, Twi?leks can be Blue? L/M, SJRS Feb. Challenge

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by ginchy, Feb 11, 2012.

Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Title: Gungans are Green, Twi?leks can be Blue?
    Author: ginchy
    Timeline: post-NJO
    Disclaimer: I don?t own these characters, but I certainly love them.
    Characters: Luke, Mara, Ben
    Notes: Written for the SJRS February ?Putting Romance into Everyday Life? Challenge. My ?chore? to romance up was ?changing the sheets?. Thanks to JediMara77 for looking this over! I couldn?t decide whether to post it tomorrow or Tuesday, so I?m posting it tonight. ;) Oh, I also plagiarized myself at one point, so if something seems familiar, I gave myself permission. [face_laugh]

Luke blinked his eyes open to find Mara sitting up on her side of the bed tapping at her datapad. She paused and took a sip of caf from her travel mug.

?Where?s mine?? He cleared his throat and sat up in bed next to her. ?What time is it??

?Yours is still in the pot,? Mara said, eyeing him over the rim of her mug as she took another sip. ?And it?s time for good little Jedi Masters to be up and into their robes.?

?Oh, good.? Luke flopped back down onto the bed and covered his eyes with his arm. ?Since I?m not a ?good little Jedi Master? I can sleep in.?

He had only a moment of silence before Mara poked his ribs. ?It?s too early for jokes. Get up, Luke. We have too much to do today. Ben has to be to class by 0650 and he?s probably still asleep. It?s also Sweetheart?s Day and I?m sure he?s supposed to take something to class with him. You have three meetings and four classes and I have?.? She looked at her datapad again. ?Too much to do. Plus we never cleaned the dishes last night, you didn?t fold that last load of towels and these sheets need changing.? She tugged at the sheet around his body to make her point.

Luke made a face. ?It?s too early for jokes but not too early for schedules and cleaning??

Mara glared at him and gestured with her mug toward the ?fresher. ?Get ready, Jedi.?

?That?s what you said last night, Master Jade-Skywalker,? Luke said coolly, grabbing her hand and lifting it and the mug to his mouth to take an awkward sip. She snatched her caf back with a barely concealed half-smile. He grinned back. ?See, never too early for jokes.?

Ben had his usual morning crises at the breakfast table. Luke saw Mara barely conceal an eye roll as the seven year old broke into a whine. He tried to think back over his childhood to remember Aunt Beru?s reaction to his whining. Maybe now he knew why she seemed to turn her back a lot.

?I forgot to do my Sweetheart?s Day cards,? Ben moaned, pushing his nausages around on his plate. ?And everyone else will have theirs.?

?It was your responsibility to remember them,? Mara said, her voice gentle in spite of her earlier eye roll. ?But I?m sure that if you ask nicely your father will help you with them.?

Luke?s head shot up. ?Me?? he mouthed at Mara who, again, rolled her eyes and gave him an exasperated look. But she stepped in between the two of them and ruffled their hair. ?Your dad is the one with more Sweetheart?s Day experience.?

A smirk broke out on his wife?s face as she eyed the two of them, and Luke figured he and Ben were probably wearing the same disgruntled look.

?Look, I?ll fold the towels for you,? Mara said.

?So, Ben, where is the construction flimsy?? Luke stood to grab the art supplies, kissing Mara?s check as she shook her head and passed, headed for the laundry room. He checked the chrono. ?We only have thirty minutes. How many kids are in your class??

?Ten.?

Luke sighed and handed Ben the craft supplies. He picked up the scissors and started cutting a heart from one piece of garish pink paper. ?What do you want to say on your cards??

Ben?s little face screwed up. ?How about? ?Gungans are green, Twi?leks can be blue, Sweetheart?s Day is stupid and so are you???

A beat of silence passed as Luke looked at his son over the heart he was cutting out. ?You really are your mother?s son, aren?t you??

Ben grinned. ?Yeah!?

After convincing Ben that he didn?t want to c/>
  2. Briannakin Grand Moff Darth Fanfic Manager

Manager
    star 4
    Awwww! [face_love] :* They are all so darn lovable. Great job!
  3. Jedi_Lover Force Ghost

star 4
    I can imagine quite a bit. LOL! Very nicely done!
  4. taramidala Force Ghost

star 4
    Not yet, you mean. :p [face_whistling]

Lovely response to the challenge, ginchy! :)
  5. LVB Force Ghost

star 1
    Oh, I just loved this! *gushes* Cheeky Jedi! Ben was also rather adorable. Thank you for sharing!
  6. Mondra Jedi Knight

star 1
    That was so cute... Domestic Luke is even better than Luke in "battle mode" :D. My man is out buying groceries right now so I can relate.
  7. Hazel Force Ghost

star 4
    Very sweet and funny, Ginchy! [face_love] :*

8. JediMara77 Force Ghost

star 4
    Bah! You posted after I went to bed so i didn't get first! :p

I love it. :) This is exactly what I had in mind when I suggested the challenge! [:D] Luke and Mara are such great parents and Ben is adorable!

Wonderful job, lady!
  9. Kinderriegel Jedi Knight

star 1
    This was a great read. Thank you :)
  10. Nyota's Heart Combos & Paragraphs Host

Game Host
    star 6
    What a comfy cozy family time they had. @};- With Ben being an integral part of it all. :D

Love how even in the midst of rushing hither and thither [face_laugh] they still sizzle at each other and send I love you's through that fantabulous bond!

:* :)

After experiencing that kind of delight, anything else would be dull as last week's dish water.

Big! Hugs!

11. Jade_Pilot Force Ghost

star 5
    You are so prolific! Where do you find the time?

I love that you included Ben in this viggie. It's unexpected and lovely!

Bravo! =D=
  12. ginchy Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks for reading everyone!! [:D]

Briannakin: Aren?t they?? [face_love] Thanks!!

Jedi_Lover: Meeeeeeee too, lady. LOL Thanks!!

taramidala: hahahahaha, I had to work on the other ?shine?? that plot bunny wouldn?t leave me be! ;) Thank you!!

LVB: Thank you!! I?m so glad you enjoyed it. I love Skywalker family mush so much!!

Mondra: Tell your man to come do my grocery shopping, too!! ;) Lucky lady!! And I do love me a domestic Lukie? [face_mischief] Thanks!!

Hazel: Thank you, gal!!

JediMara77: Awww, thanks!! I loved trying to show the romance in the everyday. That?s the perfect way to showcase L/M?s love! They are wonderful parents in my ginchy world. Profic can BITE ME. [face_laugh]

Kinderriegel: Thank you so much!!

Jade_eyes: Hey, gal! Thank you so much!! I?m glad you ejjoyed it. The bond is wonderful and so unique to them. I love how you say that?anything afterward would be dull as dish water. They are unique in one another?s lives. [face_love]

Jade_Pilot: Hey, lady!!! Girl, I am writing on lunch breaks and any other break I can find. LOL Thank you so, so much!! I had to add Bennie in. He?s their little sweetheart. [face_love]/>
  13. divapilot Force Ghost

star 4
    ?I know.? Ben grinned mischievously. ?I?m so loveable.?

and so is Ginchy.[face_love]

Adorable!! What a sweet family moment. Just what I need - no big drama, just lots of love.?I know.? Ben grinned mischievously. ?I?m so loveable.?
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade