main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gunrays betrayal

Discussion in 'Prequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Absolute, Jul 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Absolute

Darth_Absolute Jedi Youngling star 1

May 15, 2005
    remember in attack of the clones when dooku is telling obiwan the sith run the senate then he says gunray was betrayed by the sidious, well then why is it in revenge of the sith gunray still takes orders from sidious and what not?

2. ROTS_Obi1

ROTS_Obi1 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 16, 2005
    Good question.

3. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
    Because, Sidious is the leader of the Separatists. You can't not listen to your leader because you don't like him, especially when he is a Sith Lord.

4. Strilo

Strilo Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 6, 2001
    "Joined the Dark Side Dooku has. Lies, deceit, creating mistrust are his ways now."

5. Harabec

Harabec Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 28, 2001
    A nice gift basket and an apology can go a long way...

In the end, Gunray is greedy and weak-willed. Sidious and Dooku made an offer that he couldn't refuse, and Gunray served his purpose as a pawn of the Sith.

6. GarthSidious

GarthSidious Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 4, 2005
    gunray was betrayed by the sidious

?????????????????????????????????????

7. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Well, Gunray was in a position he couldn't easily get out of. I'm pretty sure he was bound by a contract, and besides, his life would be on the line even if he wasn't. The Sith aren't to be understanding in such issue.

8. LordBestor

LordBestor Jedi Youngling

Jul 6, 2005
    gunray really can't do much about it but get over it whats he gonig to do challange a sith lord. And he still wants power so he's got no chocie but to go along with what sidious sayes

9. Lord__Vader

Lord__Vader Jedi Youngling

Jun 13, 2005
    Who says Dooku was telling the truth?

10. Guy DuBlanc

Guy DuBlanc Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 12, 2000
    Lucas said that Anakin made a pact with the Devil (i.e. Sidious). I think Gunray did the same thing.

Gunray felt betrayed perhaps because Sidious was unable to prevent his capture on Naboo at the end of TPM.

11. LORDVIGILANCE

LORDVIGILANCE Jedi Youngling star 4

Jun 11, 2005
    Perhaps he felt betrayed by Darth Sidious but you also have to consider that after four trials in the Supreme Court, Nute Gunray was still Viceroy of the Trade Federation so possibly a little help from Palpatine/Sidious made things all better for him?

12. sword_of_raditz

sword_of_raditz Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 2, 2005
    "Gunray, I will betray you and send my padawan to kill you. But first, take part in my delicious chocolates and gifts i send you!"

13. PrinceHector

PrinceHector Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    Dukoo only told the Separatists about Sidious in between AOTC and ROTS - too late for Gunray to back out after there was a war. However Gunray already knew, (I think), that the war was an illusion to destroy the Jedi to begin with - maybe even that Sidious was Palps - due to "Sidious promised a reward! He promised that we would be left in peace!" as well as Palps asking him to deactivate all the droids in the galaxy - and Anakin's line "You fought a war to destroy the Jedi!" However, both Dukoo and Palps had already decided to kill all the Separatists by the end of it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.