main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Guns/Blasters/Weapons

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by varza, Jul 28, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. varza

varza Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    I was wondering if anyone knew of a good resource for guns and blasters online. I will be making a smugglers outfit for my RPG character and wanted to make some weapons... maybe a the slide out hand held small blaster and or how to make a thermal detonator

2. Tarel_Fenn

Tarel_Fenn Jedi Youngling

May 14, 2003
    I think DH2 has a tutorial on a thermal det.
    Me, I use the PVC Blaster Builders Club...AWESOME site.

3. StormtrooperPrincess

StormtrooperPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 10, 2002
    Fort Tusken also has some tutorials.

I made a smuggler's blaster last summer by simply painting a $1 water gun I found at Wal-mart. Base of black paint with black & silver paint mixed for details and weathering. For something quick and cheap, it doesn't look too bad.

4. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    awesome sit...

I will have to check out the DH2 as well...

I have heard of the PVC group and completely blanked on them...

The gun you made sounds interesting,,,

have you all made any other weapons?

5. Tarel_Fenn

May 14, 2003
    Yep,I did a DLT-19 From PVC Builders 2 DH-17's (Rebel Fleet & Death Star Troopers),an E-11 (troopers) and an EE-3 (Fett's).Not to mention 3 Tusken Raider gaffi sticks.

6. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    do you have any pics you can post?

7. Tarel_Fenn

May 14, 2003
    Sorry to say, not at this time.

8. TenguJedi

TenguJedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jan 29, 2002
    I made a pair of blasters, a hold-out style blaster, a couple lightsabers and a comlink. The blasters were old Sega lightguns that I painted a few coats of silver then a few coats of black, then scuffed it a bit with sandpaper to show the silver through (for that used look). I did the same for the Hold-out, it started life as a rather unusual looking cap gun I found at a flea market. I have pics on my page, link 2 below.

9. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    I have made a custom blaster myself. What I did to make mine is I took a airsoft gun (berreta model) and took it apart, put a N64 booster pack in the top where the clip would have came out. Then I actually rigged a LED pen inside and so when you pull the trigger it lights up the barrel of the gun. I also have made a comlink too, and now I am working on a new gun and a lightsaber (which has taken for ever) I should post pics someday...

Forcebewitya!

10. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I made a Solo blaster from a Mauser replica, an E-11 upgrade on a Hasbro E-11, and scratch built a Rebel Fleet Trooper laster and a big MG-34 from wood and PVC.

Right now I am almost done with my Endor/Hoth Rebel blaster rifle. Certainly my most detailed and complicated piece. I've impressed myself. All that's left if mounting the top scope and painting. I'll post pics when I'm done. It's amazing what you can do with a router, a piece of wood and some PVC pipe!

Scott

11. Skaught

Skaught Jedi Master star 2

Sep 4, 2001
    I've almost finished my Endor Blaster Rifle, carried by the rebel commandos. All it needs is a coat of paint and some weathering.

It's 100% garage built, using wood, PVC and some odds and ends stuck on. It may be a little shorter than the real prop...it's hard to tell. Once I paint it it should look great, though. I impressed myself with how close it looks to the real thing.

Scott

[image=http://www.skaught.com/starwars/images/Endor_Blaster.jpg]

12. Jedi-Loreen

Jedi-Loreen Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2002
    Looking good, Skaught. But then, those of us that know you would expect nothing less! ;)

Can't wait to see it when it's been painted! :)

13. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    Skaught --wow!!! That is a serious piece of work!!!!

Color me impressed!!!

14. Scruff

Scruff Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 1999
    A few months back, I was attempting to make an M-4 rifle from lumber. (like the M-16 lower receiver you have there) Even with the tools and equipment at my disposal, I decided it was going to be more trouble than I wanted to fool with. Kudos for sticking with it.

15. Forcebewitya

Forcebewitya Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 7, 2002
    Thats awesome. I also cannot wait till its painted, I might take some pics of my gun tommorow, then I will post them shortly after that...nothing like Scotts though.

Forcebewitya!

16. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    that is sweet!

I think I am going to try a PVC blaster and see how it goes...

I want to try the thermal dentonator as well...

17. Gecko_Fett

Gecko_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 1, 2003
    Varza,

Drop me a line...I have plenty of PVC and wood to work with....we can do a standard blaster or do a custom design.

18. varza

Nov 7, 2002
    awesome!

I will pm u soon maybe we can work on something at the workshop

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.