main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Guys it's one of those threads

Discussion in 'Community' started by Only-One Cannoli, Sep 3, 2013.

?

Is SLG right

1. yes

37 vote(s)
    72.5%
  2. no

14 vote(s)
    27.5%
  1. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I voted no, but mostly because I am jealous as I have had to cut all caffeine out of my diet at the "request" (Demand) of many of my doctors.

I miss coffee :_|

2. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I voted "no" because I don't agree with your initial assessment, but rather with the "you should keep your fancypants coffee in your room" aspect of things.

But I'd be pissed if someone drank my fancypants coffee. Of course, that's why I don't do roommates I'm not in a relationship with.

3. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    The best part about consuming coffee is the taste. Cheap coffee tastes like ass.

4. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    if it's fancy, expensive coffee and clearly yours (i.e. not a basic, household necessity like the washing up liquid or milk) then it's basically theft. i agree with wocky that you shouldn't feel compelled to hide it, but it's probably the most stress-free option.

5. PRENNTACULAR

PRENNTACULAR VIP star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 21, 2005
    hell yeah dude i just bought some new heart and some new intelli and if my roommate touched that crap i'd punch him in the nuts.

also if you like coffee you should get a chemex or a french press anyway, and keep it on your desk at all times!

harpua likes this.
  6. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    Oh, I was going to vote No anyway just to piss her off.

7. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    In a roommate situation, you don't mess another roommate's significant other or their coffee. I can only suggest that your initial request was not properly received and so you should sit him down and repeat the request again, clearly, using diagrams and pictures if necessary, so that it is understood.

There should be a roommate app or dummies guide to being a roommate out there as a reference.

8. Zapdos

Zapdos Force Ghost star 5

Jan 7, 2013
    i just don't get why some people has to have it explained to them. how hard is it to understand? didn't buy = not yours = don't consume/use/wipe with/wear/whatever. it's annoying that people this dumb walks the planet. even more annoying when they walk your floor.

9. LostOnHoth

LostOnHoth Chosen One star 5

Feb 15, 2000
    I agree but some people seem to think living with roommates is like living in a commune, where everything is common property unless it's locked in a safe.

10. TahiriVeilaSolo69

TahiriVeilaSolo69 Force Ghost star 5

Sep 27, 2002
    This and why in the hell should she have to sacrifice nice things because someone wants to be a douchenozzle and steal other people's things. That is seriously the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Just used those folgers coffee in a teabag thing and shut the hell up.

12. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Just reheat day-old Dunkin' Donuts coffee.

13. Boba_Fett_2001

Boba_Fett_2001 Chosen One star 8

Dec 11, 2000
    Same. Well not so much to "piss her off" but yeah just a troll vote. O:)

And next time don't make it an anonymous poll so you can call out the guilty parties. :p

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

Of course this roommate of hers is a schmuckhole of the highest order. However, part of the issue does seem to be the price of this coffee. :p You can find quality, cheaper alternatives.

15. Darth Morella

Darth Morella Force Ghost star 6

Apr 5, 2004
    She is entitled to drink fancypants coffee if she so decides, and why should she settle for crap coffee just because there's a bumhole roommate?

16. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001

This just proves to me you are either a) a lich or b) don't drink coffee.

17. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011

Agreed. I have posted multiple times about how much I like coffee, and I'd rather drink piss, or cheap beer, than cheap coffee.

I second getting a coffee maker for your room. Maybe you shouldn't have to, but there's that principle and then there's the reality of a good-coffee-stealing roommate.

18. Kyle Katarn

Kyle Katarn Force Ghost star 6

Jul 10, 1998
    Buy two bags of fancypants coffee, keep one tucked away in your room for you. Keep the other one out but lace it with LSD or ecstasy. Inform the roommate you trust about this and make sure they drink the regular stuff, assuming they don't want the other stuff, then let your bad roommate go nuts and help themself to the coffee.

19. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I don't think you're in the wrong for demanding that your pricy coffee be left alone.

But personally I'd go with the suggestion of hiding it in your room. I'm really passive and non confrontational, so in the interest of keeping the peace, that's what I would do if it were me.

Sometimes people really just can't control themselves with food too. I used to live with someone who was a recovering bulimic, and she had a lot of anxiety about food in the house: she would get really mad if I touched any of hers, but at the same time was liable to eat almost an entire quart of ice cream I'd buy because it was just too great a temptation. And I'll admit that, living at home, my mother and I regularly have it out over the chocolate bars she'll buy and expect to survive for weeks in the fridge, because she's the sort who can be satisfied with a bite here or there, and I'll easily devour one if I get a chocolate craving.

I mean, chances are you're roommate is just a bit lazy and not taking you seriously, but either way, sometimes its just best to remove the temptation.

20. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    You have every right to be pissed at roommate. I like Kristie's idea to get a small coffee maker for your room. That way you've got your coffee when you like nice and close.

I also foresee more threads abut this roommate. I look forward to them. [face_coffee]

21. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    I worked with a woman who stole most of the large bag of M&M's that I kept in the office. Then she told me that she could not control herself around chocolate candy.

As I knew that she wasn't bulimic, I called bull****. She had the option of turning around and walking away, or buying her own candy, and chose not to take it .

22. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    dp4m: You're correct... I'm not a coffee drinker. My choice of drink to stay caffeinated (back in my Wally World days at least) was either soda or an energy drink. When I did drink coffee, 7-11 or Wally World coffee was more than sufficient. Regardless, there's nothing wrong with saving a bit of money, but it's not like I expect SLG to listen to me.

23. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    Amen.

1) Keep the coffee under lock and key if possible. If you need to be extreme about it, keep it in your car or any other place where only you can access it.

2) Get the small 4-cup Mr. Coffee brewer and brew in your bedroom when the need strikes.

3) If the freeloader(s) ask for coffee, explain in no uncertain terms that if you don't buy, you don't get to drink.

24. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    Tunick, your problem is that this thread isn't a "how do I save money" thread, it's a "how do I deal with my jerk roommate" thread. It was never about how much she was spending on the coffee, you're the only one who made it about that.

Don't give people unsolicited advice on their finances, it's crass and it's always unwelcome.

25. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    You should be like Frank Booth and say "Fancypants coffee? **** that ****! Folgers....DARK.......COFFEE!!"