main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

guys ricky gervais is being controversial

Discussion in 'Archive: Your Jedi Council Community' started by Darth Guy, Jan 15, 2012.

1. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    Perhaps the highlight of the night. I'd actually enjoy seeing Tina Fey and Amy Poehler co-host the globes or the Emmys.

Ricky had a few good lines. The best one was getting Johnny Depp to admit to still not having watched the Tourist. :p

2. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    i didn't bother to watch this. did i miss anything?

3. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    seth rogen's erection

4. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    So he insulted the host channel and some of the hollywood establishment, it was OK but plenty of others have done it before (Jonathan Ross at the BAFTAS for example). Since when did being rude endlessly make someone a great comedian? If Gervais got more original material he would be funnier, if I want to see a load of people get mocked I can watch Live at the Apollo with a bunch of much funnier guys.

Gervais is a decent writer of comedy (Extras was funny, if largely because of known celebs acting differently), but as a person he isn't very funny. There is this big thing in Hollywood now of putting our supposed funnymen like Gervais & Brand in movies despite their lack of ability.

5. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    the point was that he was mocking a-listers, not a bunch of nobody audience members at the apollo.

i'm pretty sure whoever presented would be criticised for being too vulgar, or too boring, or too tame, or too whatever.

6. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    They'll invite him back again, just like they did this time.

7. duende

duende Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 28, 2006
    oh yeah? what formed it and what did he decide to do with it?

8. OBIWAN-JR

OBIWAN-JR Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 25, 2002
    Decide for yourselves.

Mild warning about being offended, etc, etc.

Personally, I thought he was very funny and very relaxed; his delivery was spot on. But then I thought he was very funny last year, too.

But that's just me. :)

-JR :)