main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThreeDeathstickProblem

ThreeDeathstickProblem Force Ghost star 5

Sep 25, 2014
  2. Luminous Beings Are We

Luminous Beings Are We Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2014

Star Wars: The Phasma Menace

Slicer87 likes this.
  3. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    I read on the threads that there was rumor that Benedict Cumberbach was in play for the roll of Phasma.

And that Phasma was to be a descendant of Count Dooku.

Does this hold true still? So GC is playing the character who is descended from Count Dooku?

If so then Phasma is possibly Force sensitive?

Phasma is without a Lightsaber?

Is this why Kylo is after the Saber? To give it as a prize to Phasma?

4. Flapjack4

Flapjack4 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2014
    That is great. Really like the shorter hair look here and would like her to have this style in the movie... presuming her helmet comes off.

Wildcatbarry

I can remember rumours Phasma lightsaber duels with Finn at some stage. Not sure how much weight that had. Plus how many supposed force sensitives are popping up this movie.

5. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Flapjack4 likes this.
  6. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    I hope she makes it at least until ep 8

JunoSynth, Gemma, TK327 and 1 other person like this.
  7. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    Would be interesting in the new canon if Dooku was from Mandalore, not Serrano. GC would be a Mando. Dooku drafting Fett wouldn't have been such a random act either.

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    that makes no sense.

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  9. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    I spend all day crafting perfect nonsensical posts. I'm glad you liked it.

Darth Chiznuk , DarthIshyZ and Rabs like this.
  10. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013
    Rey, Kylo Ren, Uber, Luke, Leia, Maz, (probably) Finn. That does seem quite a lot, true. But who says that Phasma has to be Force-sensitive to use a lightsaber? Granted, I don't see it happening–she doesn't seem to have a big enough role, plus we see her with a rifle in the teaser and then the sidearm on her Vanity Fair photo–but even if it did happen, she wouldn't have to be Force-sensitive to use it.

And then, think about how many non-Force-users there are, too: Han, Chewie, Poe, the General, Kor Sella, (probably) Pip Andersen's character, (probably) Vicar...and everyone else in the movie. Compare to the PT and there really aren't all that many Force-sensitive characters. Throw in those we're not sure about, like Christina Chong, Crystal Clarke, etc. and there are a whole lot more non-Force-users than there are Force-users, and those who are Force-sensitive either don't do much with it (Luke, Uber, and probably Leia) or don't even seem to be all that adept in its use yet (probably Finn–and that's not a complaint), except for Kylo Ren and Maz. It definitely seems they're making Force use seem a lot more "special" or at least rare than they did in the PT.

Flapjack4 likes this.
  11. Rookhelm

Rookhelm Jedi Master star 4

Sep 22, 2014
    If she DOES use a lightsaber, I don't think she's force sensitive either.

Revanfan1 and thejeditraitor like this.
  12. Flapjack4

Nov 6, 2014
    Agreed and spot on Revan. I am not convinced that Phasma is force sensitive either as I was just replying to WildcatBarry regarding his questions concerning her. I do remember speculation of Phasma lightsaber duelling with Finn expected to feature in the 2nd teaser trailer, but as you say, it is no way conclusive of her being connected to the force itself if that rumour materialises in the film. We can only hope to digest more about these characters and their traits within the next 7 months.

Wildcatbarry and Revanfan1 like this.
  13. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    There's zero evidence even on the grapevine that she's Force Sensitive or wields a lightsabre. Yes she may do both, but personally I've seen and heard nothing. :)

Revanfan1 likes this.
  14. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    never thought she would be force sensitive and still don't think she's one and I'm hoping we don't see her wielding a lightsaber.:)

15. Flapjack4

Nov 6, 2014
  16. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
  17. Flapjack4

Nov 6, 2014
    I thought it was funny when I read your name. ..then I scrolled further down and there I was! Very weird lol

18. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    where are your royalties?

19. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    I went to Indonesia a few months ago, and you're HUGE there. Your name's all over billboards and soap.

Flapjack4 likes this.
  20. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Well of course I'm famous I after all originate from the Asian continent.:cool:

Flapjack4 and DarthLightlyBruise like this.
  21. Cariba-one

Cariba-one Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2015
    Not sure if anyone has come up with this in this thread before, I tried looking at last few pages but did not find it...

My speculation is that this Chrome Armour may indeed be more than "looks"

I have a very good suspicion that it will have REFLECTIVE properties on WEAPONS....
    Perhaps may deflect lightsaber attacks or at least blaster shots!

The concept art shows clearly a squad of stormtroopers with shields - I think it's not a hard leap (that may have taken place in original 'Force Awakens' movie design talks) to instead of using an actual shield, why not make the armor the shielding/reflective property itself.

IF the Disney team has any ounce of creativity (which I think they have shown thus far) there is high probability that this may very well be the case- and surprise just a "few" people.

[​IMG]

22. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    If the First Order turns out to be a Dark Side cult, possibly quite a few, I'd imagine.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  23. hippie1kenobi

hippie1kenobi Force Ghost star 4

Apr 28, 2002
    I definitely think there is more to the chrome than just looking cool. Whether it is lightsaber resisitant, active cammo, cloaking or whatever, I think there will be something fun about it besides being shiny.

24. Wildcatbarry

Jan 23, 2015
    Posted before but this is my bet:

[​IMG]

thejeditraitor likes this.
  25. Cariba-one

Cariba-one Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2015

I would also be inclined as that as well - BUT JJ and Co. seem to be taking (at least in terms of look) a lot of inspiration from original films concept art work (e.g BB8, X-wing, etc)....and how unique, cool and original would it be to have something that can "stop" a lightsaber (aside from another lightsaber)....that would really be a milestone in this franchise.

Compared to a cloaking property; that really has been done multiple times before.

My $ is on a lightsaber stopping/blocking property of the chrome armor.
    (I can already visualize the sic fight scenes)

And would be a real disappointment if they miss that idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.