main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I'd like to see her as either a Jedi Knight or a badass bounty hunter.

ForgottennJedi1986 likes this.
  2. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    Main reason I thought Daala was that she was a stormtrooper cadet before transferring to the Navy.

Some kind of soldierly character would fit - whether Imperial, Republic or independent (mercenary).

3. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    And she hangs around with someone who keeps calling her 'wench' ;)

D'an and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  4. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Actually there is no longer an age problem with Lumiya, since the original Lumiya is non canon now. A mandalorian would be nice. She could pull off the role of a Jedi Knight very well but then she would be too much like Brienne. Ahhh who am I kidding? This movie will be remembered as the one where Brienne, Gollum and Bill Weasley team up to defeat the old king from Conan the Barbarian.

Lupita would be better as a Nightsister.

5. markdeez

markdeez Jedi Master star 3

Oct 27, 2005
    Lupita is perfect for a Nightsister

Gwendoline is perfect for an Imperial remnant or Mandalorian!

6. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    I can't help but to link Christie to a Bridgite Nielsen/Beverly Hills Cop 2 type role. I hope she is more important than that. I hope she's a primary villain.

7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I will say it's unlikely Gwen will be playing a fighter pilot. She's way too tall to fit into an X-Wing cockpit!

Django Fett and Summers1913 like this.
  8. Bazinga'd

Bazinga'd Saga / WNU Manager - Knights of LAJ star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 1, 2012
    But she isnt "too short to be a Stormtrooper" :p

Abadacus likes this.
  9. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Gwen sure has some major stardom coming. She'll also be in Hunger Games 4 so she'll be in two of the biggest movies of 2015 right near each other. Wow!

Something else interesting. In HG, she'll be replacing an actress (Lily Rabe) who is only 5 foot 8.

In addition, Max Von Sydow is 6 foot 4 and Adam Driver is 6 foot 3. Interesting-if she's a villain and those two also are, she'll be perfect fit height wise.

Baron_Papanerd and aleja2 like this.
  10. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Right i'm going to put the cat amongst the pidgeons.... What if Han has traded Leia in for a newer model? 30 years is a long time to be married and for in all that time there not be any hiccups [face_nail_biting]or is it too much for art to imitate life [face_laugh]

Adi_Gallia_9 likes this.
  11. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    I'm a much bigger fan of Shira Brie/Lumiya then I am of Mara Jade. While I don't think we'll see Gwendoline as either Shira or Lumiya, I can see it happening depending on how they do it. One way would be to keep her in a bacta tank for the bulk of the time between the OT and ST. Another is freezing her in carbonite, though that feels a little cliche to me. The best way, for me, would be to turn her into enough of a cyborg that a combination of Dark Side powers and technology have sufficiently arrested the aging process to make it appear she hasn't aged.

Ryus, Jedirush2112 and Dra--- like this.
  12. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    The Hellhammer and Darth_Pevra: GC = Lady Vader?

There were early rumors that aspects of the Lumiya character and Mara Jade would be combined into a brand new character. What do you two think?

13. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    where did you read that?

Dra--- likes this.
  14. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Unless they plan on messing with aspect ratios like they do in LOTR/The Hobbit, I think Gwendoline's height alone makes her an obvious choice for intimidating villain.

Mara Jade/Imperial Officer talk is ridiculous:

A) Tall chicks never date shorter dudes. Rule.
    B) The Empire was a "human white dudes only" club (& Thrawn is "Legend" now).

15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I don't remember. It was at least a year ago. It was only a rumor, but I liked the idea.

Much more of a Lumiya fan than Mara Jade.

Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  16. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    I don't think the Imperial Officer talk is ridiculous. We don't know what the state of the galaxy will be 30 years after RotJ. Maybe there is an Imperial Remnant and they've started allowing women in their ranks to build numbers. We don't know. Gwen has the height and the British accent to be quite an intimidating Imperial.

It could very well not happen, but I don't think we can rule it out yet.

light_sabe_r and Iron_lord like this.
  17. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    In the movies - sure. Doesn't mean that they have to stay that way.

18. TtheForceHurts

TtheForceHurts Jedi Master star 4

Jan 28, 2010
    Maybe GC is actually Luke daughter, being the grandchild of Darth Vader, she could well have inherited his size...

On the other hand she could be Leia and Chewbacca's half-wookie lovechild..

Dra--- likes this.
  19. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    We only saw a small part of the empire in the OT, Rebels can introduce female imperials into the official canon, as well the books, A New Dawn, and Tarkin.

Also the writers are free to pull, and adapt and change anything from Legends into the new canon.
    The new books and comics are now on the same levels as the film, just as JJ's Star Wars comic from IDW is canon with his Trek films. Everything from the Story group needs his approval.

Dra--- likes this.
  20. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Just remembered my favorite baddie turned goodie:

[​IMG][​IMG]

Mmm...

Lucas has done it before. My head is spinning from all the new possibilities!

21. plaidphoenix

plaidphoenix Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 6, 2013
    This is possible, though I think I'd like the character to be more Lumiya and less Mara.
    [​IMG]
    Take away a bit of the armor she wears in GoT and darken/blacken what's left and you're set. The question is, what would her backstory be? Palpatine's daughter? Vader's daughter? Emperor's Hand? Former Force-sensitive Rebel left for dead?

Dra--- and D'an like this.
  22. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    I find it hilarious that people freak out about me saying an Imperial Remnant is dumb, but no one cares to argue about tall girls dating short guys. [face_laugh] Carry on...

23. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    That's also legends. Aside from Leia, the Rebels in ANH and ESB are also all human white dudes.
    Dating stereotypes are the last thing that Star Wars should be worried about.

24. newdawn12

newdawn12 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 9, 2013
    One way to think about it, Mara, and shira are the same character, but at the time of HTTE They weren't allowed to pull anything in from Marvel, just the movies, WEG, and George Lucas ideas.

remember to, that George did have input into elements of the early Marvel comics run, so he gave Luke a strong love interest in Shira, but LFL limited what marvel could do after ROTJ.

The series ends before Luke could get her healed/redeemed. the run ends with her being shot in the chest.

George Lucas gives Tim Zahn the character template, keeps the basics with a few changes.

We have seen George use this character pnscreen, read stories with Shira, and or Mara.
    and then watch the movie Willow, where we meet sorsha, the knight's love interest

she is to Bavmorda, what shira was to Vader, and what Mara was to Palpatine.

part of me is thinking that they're going to hide Luke's wife, maybe their son played by Gleeson is on
    the Republic side, and Gwen plays their daughter chooses to serve the Empire instead.

25. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    Whatevs. I'll revise my argument to: Gwen will not be an Imperial Officer because there will be no "Empire" in the ST.

Dating stereotypes is the last thing that Star Wars should be worried about.[/quote]

Very true.

Now name a Disney princess who is taller than their significant other. I'll wait.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.