main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Revanfan1

Revanfan1 Force Ghost star 6

Jun 3, 2013

Why? They weren't worried about Phasma; they just needed to dispose of her long enough to find Rey and get out. Which they did; Phasma did not come after them again.

2. Skywalker Family

Skywalker Family Jedi Master star 3

Mar 15, 2017
    I love Gwendoline on Game of Thrones but so far have no real interest in Captain Phasma. For me the character was just someone who was around.

3. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002

I say it's lame because Finn had some unfinished business with her and he let's her escape?, Han should know better that if they didn't neutralize her completely it's yet another foe to deal with later.

It's like: "Ok we just captured a high ranking enemy officer but we can't keep them with us and don't want to outright shoot her. Let's lock her in a closet and hope for the best, it's not like we are out-gunned or anything."

Yes, I'm sure that's what Han always does, He doesn't shoot stormtroopers to kill them he shoots to slow them down only.

I say Han (the OT Han that shoots first) would've killed Phasma as she was a liability.

Finn should've shoot Phasma.

Chewie should've shoot Phasma.

Sorry, but it's lame.

4. oncafar

oncafar Force Ghost star 6

Jan 10, 2017
    i think it's okay really that han and finn didn't kill phasma. i keep wondering where the stun setting has gone on weapons. it just baffles me really. why kill when you can disable?

#bringbackthestunsetting lol

MeBeJedi, Gigoran Monk and Revanfan1 like this.
  5. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    Good guy rule. She was already unarmed and incapacitated.

Maybe they should have taken whoever is Cassian's modern Resistance equivalent. He would have killed her no problem.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    Looking at that cartoon drawing on making Star Wars, she is not surprisingly exactly the same. She like Kylo Ren, really has to redeem herself as a warrior in viii. She surrendered as soon as she was under stress, and then was put in the trash. Considering who is playing her if her role is bulked up this time, that helmet must come off.

7. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'm wondering what we don't know about her?

What if she's a new version of a clone commander but being so different from the Fett version she represents the reason Hux was so offended Kylo mentioned them!

8. DARTH_BELO

DARTH_BELO Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I actually kind of wondered if she was some kind of cyborg character? Like half droid half human?

9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    At this point I agree.

MeBeJedi likes this.
  10. zam wesell2005

zam wesell2005 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 23, 2015
    I would bet she's definitely all human. Which is why I want to see you take her mask off, to accentuate that. As she is on Game of Thrones, they could make her very imposing if they wanted too. She could be throwing Resisitance soldier sideways, and it would be believable since it's her. Just going to be hard after what they did with her. Which is somewhat surprising that Kennedy, was adamant about bringing her back.

11. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    Yeah I say she'll be human but will have some type of facial wound, maybe a missing eye, maybe a half burnt face or a large scar etc etc

12. Adept

Adept Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2006
    Since Kylo Ren was handsome under the mask the same might hold true for Phasam. Afterall...evil can look normal under the right circumstances.

13. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I found this and now I need unmasked Phasma in TLJ
    [​IMG]

14. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016

Was that fanart made before Gwendoline Christie was cast?

CEB likes this.
  15. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    Looks like Gwen to me... Stylized of course.

16. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I suppose. It's just that Gwendoline's got a unique beauty about her, and this art conventionalizes her. A lot of Leia fan art does the same thing.

CEB likes this.
  17. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    But isn't that what the hair and make up departments are for?

18. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    A five-issue Phasma comic coming in September, explaining what happens to Phasma after she gets thrown in the dumpster.

[​IMG]

themoth and DaddlerTheDalek like this.
  19. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013
    They created a comic to explain how Phasma escaped the trash compactor. This is actually sad.

20. RandomGreyJ

RandomGreyJ Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2016
    To be honest it's strange how it shows Rey and Kylo fighting, when to be honest, Phasma and Rey had little/nothing to do with each other, and neither did Kylo Ren and Rey's story quite frankly.. I'm surprised it didn't show like Finn's bloody helmet or something that Phasma has more association with. I could picture Kylo being there though since they do interact more and she seems to answer to him to some extent.

BlurryUFOs likes this.
  21. Blueandwhite

Blueandwhite Jedi Grand Master star 2

May 25, 2005
    Phasma was terribly misused in TFA. I hope they rectify that in TLJ because as it stands she is easily one of the least intimidating antagonists in Star Wars history. It's unfortunate that she wasn't the one to beat Finn in one-on-one combat because as it stands right now, she seems incredibly incompetent. She needs some real opportunities to redeem herself because right now her return seems pretty anticlimactic.

11-4D likes this.
  22. PymParticles

PymParticles Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 1, 2014
    The official website has the miniseries at four issues, so either plans changed and it went from five to four or there was just a miscommunication/misprint at some point. I think we'll see a lot more from Phasma in The Last Jedi, considering 1) they must have listened to the complaints about how underutilized she was in The Force Awakens, and 2) we're getting a huge focus on her between the novel delving into her backstory and the miniseries detailing what she's up to between getting dumped in the trash compactor and wherever we meet up with her in TLJ.

23. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    I didn't like her voice. She sounded like a robot.

24. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    Captain Phasma=Bobba Fett

IMHO
    :cool:

25. Darphus_Mon

Darphus_Mon Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 23, 2003