main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

1. cerealbox

cerealbox Force Ghost star 6

May 5, 2016
    No. but I wouldn't be surprised to see him as the Resistance equivalent in I
    No. but I wouldn't be surprised to see him be the Resistance equivalent of Phasma in IX.

Wearing armor, blaster, retractable melee weapon.

2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    What was Phasma's 2nd last line to Finn in the middle of the fight? I've seen the flick 3 times and I still can't quite make it out. "You're sadflhla qlhyql ylqnla yl qy the system." It sounds cool and Christie is delivering it with menace I just flat out can't tell what she's aying.

3. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    “You’re a (boot kick?) to the system.” I’m not actually sure.

I like the fact that three different characters have yelled “Traitor!” at Finn now.

4. SomethinSomethinDarkSide

SomethinSomethinDarkSide Jedi Grand Master star 3

Jan 19, 2013
    "bug in the system" I believe is the line.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  5. Jordan1Kenobi

Jordan1Kenobi SWC Jedi Draft Champion star 6 VIP - Game Winner

Sep 30, 2012
    Now that makes sense. I’ve seen it four times and I still didn’t know.

6. james92rogers

james92rogers Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 23, 2015
    This character just seems a bit of a waste to me... other than the fact she has banging armour

7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    This thread now covers both TFA and TLJ.

8. Bor Gullet

Bor Gullet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 8, 2018
    No Gwendoline in Episode 9.

Sad. Such a great actress, with charismatic, unique features. And they kept a bucket on her head... I'll never understand it.

Particularly as she looked so cool on the vanity fair cover without her helmet.

Qui-Riv-Brid likes this.
  9. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    We will see her in the tv series fortunately

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  10. civilsecret

civilsecret Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 27, 2016
    they could have done something better for her, maybe put her in finn and rose's story line of him being hunted or anything really, too bad she was wasted to be honest.

11. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    They could have substituted her for any FO officer prior to her actual appearance (minus Captain Canady).

She could have been the person Hux talks to while on the ship's bridge.

She could have been the Tie pilot, with Kylo, that shoots the Raddus bridge.

12. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I feel like Robot Chicken will have a sketch at some point with that janitor who constantly is cleaning up areas where Phasma falls into.

At this rate, Phasma is going to turn up again, talk big, then perhaps be thrown into a Sarlaac pit. And she survives for the next movie again.

If anything, why not have Phasma be that trooper with the staff in TFA. I would appreciate some sense of backstory or the reason why she is "different" though because none of that is apparently shown on screen?

Christus Regnet likes this.
  13. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I like her usage in Last Jedi, she's held back until the "Oh ^%#%!" moment of "FN-2187! So good to have you back!" It's like "Oh yah, I forgot about Phasma dahhh!!" And I loved seeing her brawl with Finn. And, yes, the line is "You're a bug in the system." Great delivery! (Once I could hear it)

Revanfan1 and TCF-1138 like this.
  14. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    For what? To disappear in another strangely forged/forced death? In TLJ her death was a tragedy. In SoH just another death like this would become a farce/parody. Unless they give her a longer life in a post-TLJ series with more and a deeper meaning.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
  15. Qui-Riv-Brid

Qui-Riv-Brid Force Ghost star 5

Apr 18, 2013
    Perplexing really. There is no actual reason why she couldn't have been the Jango Fett or General Grievous of this trilogy instead it's just a cool suit and waste of an interesting face. She could have at least been a diabolical duo with Hux through the movies and been angling to take his place as Hux was Ren's and Ren was Snoke's.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2018
    Bor Gullet likes this.
  16. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    She was basically Finn’s plaything. After TLJ I’m okay with the character being rested in the films. I don’t think she was outright terrible though because the part was so small. She’s not a major character in terms of screentime.

17. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Yeah, and it was also the massive build up of her relationship with the Hux's, Father and son in her novel that you would imagine that dynamic was going somewhere.
    Not to mention her comic book mini series.

I mean, i've nothing against spin-offs but they were really marketed as 'Journey to the Last Jedi' material so i feel justified in my disappointment and feeling of having been had.

I never got that before with the old EU but now i sense cynical cash grabs that lead to no payoff and it irks me a bit.

Sudooku likes this.
  18. cerealbox

May 5, 2016
    The point was since Phasma dies in TLJ, they might as well put out extra material of her before it premieres. Since none of her origin or how she survived TFA was going to be in the movie.

They knew fans wouldn't want to buy Phasma material after TLJ came out. So they put it out before.

19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    I'm pretty comfortable saying Phasma is my favorite ST character. It's technically faint praise, but not intended to be.

20. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Well. I've learnt my lesson then. I hope this doesn't mean they are killing Thrawn in Episode Ix....

Sudooku and cerealbox like this.
  21. Sudooku

Sudooku Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2014
    Haha, [face_rofl] for the Zahn-Trilogy is legends anyway, it is possible to see the old stag Thrawn with a walking cane and thick glasses waiting for his doom to come.

Last edited: Aug 6, 2018
  22. Bor Gullet

Feb 8, 2018
    Richard E Grant could pull that off.

23. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    That's what I was saying. It seems like a waste. She could have been the General Grievous role rather than a seemingly randomly well dressed trooper.

24. CaptainEO

CaptainEO Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 13, 2002
    There can be a whole warehouse full of Phasmas. She keeps showing up and then gets killed. The First Order just keeps replacing her. Have a Kaminoian be slaving away in the basement making more Phasmas.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  25. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    I think the character would’ve benefited greatly from having a scene where she removed her helmet.
    Perhaps in one where she conversed with Finn.