main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in the ST

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darth_Voider, Dec 17, 2015.

1. Chancellor Yoda

Chancellor Yoda Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2014
    I feel that Phasma will be forgiven of her uselessness in TFA if she actually does something in episode 8 besides holding a gun. It sounds like she'll have a bigger role in the next episode so here's hoping.

2. Darth Smurf

Darth Smurf Small, but Lethal star 6

Dec 22, 2015
    Phasma in Episode 8
    [​IMG]

3. Darth Basin

Darth Basin Jedi Master star 5

Aug 15, 2015
    Yeah I'd like 4 her to return just 2 figure out how she fits in armor designed 4 a man. Ask any military women and most will tell you that the body armor hurts.

4. Green_Destiny_Sword

Green_Destiny_Sword Force Ghost star 5

Jun 20, 2001

LOL.

I think she'll do more in ep. 8. I feel bad for this character. She's just not a major player so I don't know when the bar got so raised for her performance.

5. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    Good she's back. I'm hoping she kicks some Resistance ass. I'd love a scene where she's interrogating a prisoner, and is called a monster. Phasma takes off her mask, to reveal herself as a beautiful woman. And the prisoner swoons, ala Rey in TFA.

6. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    It still blows my mind on how much they failed with this character. She literally does nothing in the movie. Doesn't even fire her blaster. What the hell was JJ thinking?

7. Chewies_bandolier

Chewies_bandolier Force Ghost star 4

May 5, 2002
    Shiny, chrome. Toys.

Someone in marketing is getting fired over this I tell you - they missed the point that what made Boba Fett cool (other than 20 plus years of nothing else to compare to), was that he (at least before the SE) had this cool, professional proficient demenaor

I honestly think that it was a just stunt casting to put the (awesome) Gwendoline Christie in this part - she did look magnificent on the red carpet, you have to admit.

They seriously need to give this character something substantial to do as I doubt that the fandom will be in a forgiving mood.

8. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    Yeah, but the toys/marketing came after shooting ended. All the blame needs to go on JJ because he had to of realized while filming that Phasma isn't doing much. Why not let her fire her blaster on Jakku, or on SKB? It's really odd.

9. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    Nevermind firing her blaster - though I KNOW that theoretically she was certain that Han and Finn's plans wouldn't succeed on SKB, I find it difficult to accept that an elite member of the stormtrooper brigade wouldn't sooner have her head blown off than betray her cause by lowering the shields.

I assume that she will play a part in Finn's plot and having her run around and actually do something less passive than she did in VII, will be welcome.

10. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    It's not like they need to devote an hour to her. Just a good amount of action to redeem a previously lackluster appearance.

BTW, IMDB listing for Gwendolyn Christie (http://www.imdb.com/name/nm3729225/?ref_=nv_sr_1) lists Episode VIII.

Master_Lok likes this.
  11. N7Jedi

N7Jedi Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2016
    She needs a Terminator moment where she's slow-mo walking through fire and shooting people with pinpoint accuracy.

:phasma:[face_nail_biting]

12. One Quarter Portion

One Quarter Portion Jedi Master star 2

Apr 9, 2016
    YES.

13. WookieeRage

WookieeRage Force Ghost star 5

Feb 3, 2016
    The film team could've paid any woman... or hell, any guy to don the Phasma armor and dub voices in for how much her character actually did in the movie, I wonder how much they paid Christie for her role in that movie......

14. Diddy Minty

Diddy Minty Jedi Master star 3

Jan 28, 2016
  15. The PiedPiper of Alderaan

The PiedPiper of Alderaan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 16, 2015
    she'll probably won't have a big role in 8. Maybe more substential than in TFA but not much. There's 3 or 4 months left of filming left for ep8, so she has plenty of times to shoot a couple of scenes here and there. But she was never going to spend those 6 months of production in London. I just hope Phasma will be a little more useful this time :)

16. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    If she's not in 8, when she says she would be, she might become a punch-line. "So, we're doing Rocky X and Gwendoline Christie is supposed to have a role." "Yeah, I was in a Superman movie. I was in a scene with Gwendoline Christie, but you know what happens to her scenes..."

17. Darth Zitious

Darth Zitious Jedi Padawan star 1

Jun 2, 2016
    I really hope we get a background oh Phasma and she is a more relevant character for the First Order. She had limited screen time and her main scene was her about to get dumped in the trash compactor. I think she comes back with a vengeance, especially for Finn.

18. N7Jedi

Feb 13, 2016
    As much as I want background on some characters likes Phasma/Hux/Maz, I don't think we'll get it in movie form. I see them eventually releasing comics for said characters like they're currently doing with Poe.

Episode 8 seems like it'll be really busy and focusing on the backstory of characters who had about a few minutes of screen time seems like something that they won't do.

Krueger likes this.
  19. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    I just want Phasma to get in on more of the action. Maybe have her as part of one of the bigger action sequences.

20. N7Jedi

Feb 13, 2016
    At some point I wanna see Phasma without the helmet.

21. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    Phasma needed more action conversations = Boba Fett needed needed more action conversations.

I think she did a fine job being a BAMF Trooper.
    She "did" just as much as Hux did, and accomplished the role's goal just as well.

IMHO
    as usual.

22. ForgottenMaster

ForgottenMaster Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 29, 2015
    Phasma

Move the P to the end.

Has map

:D

23. Storm_Cloud

Storm_Cloud Jedi Master star 3

Jan 13, 2016
    There's nothing to this character, especially after the SKB shield debacle - certainly no courage. She's background scenery now.

Darth Pig likes this.
  24. Chewies_bandolier

May 5, 2002
    The more of this season's Game of Thrones I see, the more I realise what a frigging waste it was to cast this amazing actress as an over glorified talking extra :(

25. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    yawn... two more films.