main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. leia-jade

leia-jade Jedi Padawan star 1

Jul 20, 2014
    Sorry, but where was the silver/chrome armor reported?

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    a ways back. there was a report of new white trooper armor and special silver like armor.

Satipo likes this.
  3. Claire1976

Claire1976 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 20, 2013

Think it originated from someone who had "connections" on set at Pinewood.

4. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
    Satipo likes this.
  5. leia-jade

Jul 20, 2014
    Thanks so much, guys! :) (Wow, I can't believe the response time in this forum, lol).

Jedi Older Code likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    They truly are.

Dra--- and darklordoftech like this.
  7. Adi_Gallia_9

Adi_Gallia_9 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 16, 2001
    It's interesting that there were two separate rumors about Gwen playing the defecting stormtrooper, when that one clearly seems to be John and Gwen apparently is still a gung-ho imperial. I wonder what caused the crossed wires about these two roles?

8. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Maybe she defects later on who knows though.

9. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I wondered about that. I think that's why it's tricky.

10. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    It'd be nice to see a truly menacing and badass Imperial again. We haven't really had one in the movies since Tarkin in ANH. In fact, I'd prefer that she NOT be any kind of force user (that could be Lupita's role), just a badass Imperial commander who commands respect and fear.

TK327, leia-jade and Satipo like this.
  11. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    I agree with that, except I want to see Gwen with a lightsaber. :p

Speaking of that, what do you guys like of the rumor of her with a lightsaber and a possible Sith? Which do you think is it - Imperial or Sith? Could she just be a dark side user (not Sith) like the Inquisitor, hence the lightsaber? Or even someone like Grevious?

CairnsTony likes this.
  12. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    To be fair, do people really HAVE to be a force user just to wield a lightsaber. The Mandalorian leader in TCW TV show wasn't and he could still swing a darksaber around pretty well. Gwen could simply be a badass whose studied various disciplines/fighting styles and thus learned how to wield a lightsaber.

13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    they don't, the main villain in Rebels wields a lightsaber but he's not force sensitive.

14. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Exactly, that'd be really cool to see. Gwen pulls out a lightsaber, shocking the heroes and it's all "did you Jedi honestly think that no one else could wield this power? Are you really so arrogant as that, pathetic?."

15. Skaddix

Skaddix Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 3, 2012
    Really? I am pretty sure the Inquisitor is Force Sensitive.

My problem with is more I feel a quality force user should be able to trash a standard non force user in a fight saber to saber. I mean sure there are exceptions like Grevious with his enhancements or someone wearing Armor like the Mandos but all in all should not be a fight. Although I suppose it depends on what force powers are on the books.

16. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Or what kind of opponent they go up against. Bobba Fett was able to kill Jedi in the EU (I know it's not canon, but there is still precedence). Cad Bane could put up a pretty good fight against Jedi in TCW, etc.

17. KitsterAKABobaFett

KitsterAKABobaFett Jedi Grand Master star 3

May 31, 2007

A villain like that would be truly compelling. I hope Gwendoline gets to flex her acting muscles with a character like that.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Love the rumor of Gwen being a saber wielding Imperial. Some here know I've been wanting something like Imperial Knights for a very long time.

But if she's also a Sith, or becomes one, at some point, that's great too.

Basically I love GC and she can play anything in SW and I'll be happy.

#gush

19. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    Actually, I think you are right.

20. Jedi Older Code

Jedi Older Code Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2014

The new Inquisitor video says he does "Tap into the Force".

Satipo likes this.
  21. Thrawn082

Jan 11, 2014
    Also, maybe she's had enhancements as a result of previous war wounds. That could also help explain it.

22. Bullhead CIty

Bullhead CIty Jedi Master star 3

Dec 1, 2012
    She's a Mandalorian.

Dra--- likes this.
  23. leia-jade

Jul 20, 2014
    Oooh. That new information about the Inquisitor opens up a lot of possibilities for Force-sensitive persons in general. It makes me want to see Gwen as an Imperial who embraces the Force but is neutral/gray about its use. I'd love to have more Force-sensitive characters who don't subscribe to a particular theology, and don't *want* to be part of a Jedi or Sith Order.

But at the same time, Gwen as a female Tarkin-like character? I'm so down for that, too.

24. Adi_Gallia_9

Apr 16, 2001
    Yeah, from my understanding (and please correct me if I'm wrong!), you've got your classic Sith, trained in the Bane "Rule of Two" theology (Vader, Palpatine, etc), you've got your Dark Side users who can use the Force and have lightsabers but aren't part of the Sith tradition (the Inquisitor), and then you've got your non-Force users who have learned to use a lightsaber (Grievous).

Until we get more info, it sounds like Gwen could fall anywhere on that spectrum, or even not have a lightsaber at all and be just a stormtrooper commander. But I really hope she gets a lightsaber! :)

thisguyisnotajedi likes this.
  25. Kraven Head

Kraven Head Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 5, 2012
    Sorry folks....but am having a hard time swallowing all this "force user" talk and rumours.

Growing up with SW, it was Jedi and Sith period! they thought their religion to their apprentices/padawans and thats how they line survived
    (i doubt anyone could walk into the Galactic library and take out "Dummies Guide to being a Jedi")

Fast forward to the end of the Clone Wars. Anakin becomes Darth Vader and helps the emperor hunt down and destroy the jedi knights ([face_nail_biting]) and succeeds.
    Now arguably, only Obiwan and Yoda survived the jedi purge.

Now fast forward again to the end of the Battle of Endor where all of the above are dead and only Luke remains as the sole Jedi in the galaxy.

Considering Luke is allegedly AWOL as per rumours...and considering the Force is older than air itself.... yet within 30 years Force users are suddenly now popping up?

I got a bad feeling about this....(rumour being BS)

Cheers, K

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.