main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Is the untrained person using the force, or are they unconsciously allowing their actions to be guided by the force? It controls your actions, as well as obeys your commands...

2. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    both.

Dra--- likes this.
  3. StrikerKOJ

StrikerKOJ Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 21, 2014

Well that was an elaborate response... haha

To expand on my question, if the force surrounds, penetrates and binds all living things, what is the dividing line between Force User/Jedi, or Force User/Regular Dude? Can the skills and abilities of any non-Jedi ever be separate from the influence of the force, however small? If an "untrained jedi" can tap into the force to increase their perception or reflexes, what about those who are identified as not "force sensitive" who also poses exemplary perception or reflexes?

Kind of waxing philosophical, and slow day at work...

To keep this somewhat on topic, if GC's character is to wield some sort of sword or lightsaber, I don't think that necessarily requires the character to be either Jedi/Sith, or even a "Force User".

Dra--- and thejeditraitor like this.
  4. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    jedi and sith train themselves to harness the force. the jedi use it for good. the sith for evil. their different powers reflect this.

Dra--- likes this.
  5. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Anakin blows up the Trade Federation control ship without being a padawan. And he's already using the Force in pod races and building things most kids can't.

What training does Luke get prior to blowing the Death Star up? A few minutes of lightsaber training? I think it would be generous to even call him a padawan at that point.

Leia has zero training and is suddenly able to sense the location of Luke.

And Ezra on Rebels seems to have an almost Anakin level natural ability with the Force prior to meeting Kanan. The producers have been talking about this talent a lot as a main plot point.

What do all of these have in common? Strong natural ability with the Force. With or without training seriously or at all with the Jedi or Sith.

So what does this have to do GC's possible character in E7?

A Force sensitive can be trained in other ways than via the two existing Orders we've seen in the film world of Star Wars so far. It stands to reason that if someone can be trained, they can be trained in a variety of ways. There's nothing logically impossible about it.

One possible way of receiving non-Sith or Jedi training would be special military training. Top Imperial agents would probably be aware of Force sensitives (like Agent Kallus or the Inquisitor(s)) and they, with the help of scientists who understand the Force on a scientific level, could easily devise training methods for super soldiers. We've seen this scenario before a million times in comic books -- powers might seem mysterious to your average military person, but that's what you bring the science expert in for.

Therefore, GC could be playing a non-Sith, Force-wielding Imperial officer who wields a lightsaber blade. It's possible. :)

6. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    Dra--- The idea that you need Jedi/Sith training to use The Force can be disproven by asking this question: How did the very first Jedi learn the things that Jedi are trained in?

7. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Very true. Excellent point.

And excellent use of logic.

:D

darklordoftech, Satipo and TK327 like this.
  8. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    He didn't use the force to beat Grevious. He fought him hand to hand. And then he used a blaster. What I meant was more like using the force to smash him against a wall.

And if they want to go that way yes they can. All I said was that I didn't like it. My own personal opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    once again. he did. he pushed him into the ceiling and then gg tried to escape.

10. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    Thanks for elaborating. Makes the conversation go much better when points are made so clear.

My point was that he could have easily beaten him with the force. Like GG wouldn't have been running away. That's what I meant.

11. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    i wrote more.

12. Summers1913

May 12, 2014
    So did I. :p

I PM'd you to avoid further derailing.

13. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    well, about gg using sabers, he didn't have any skill. he just twirled four of them around making him very dangerous. obi faced him during the clone wars several times and by rots he wasn't cowed by it. which is why he defeated him pretty easily. the point of gg using sabers was to have an enemy who could kill lesser jedi in saber battles but have no force ability whatsoever and be defeated by a master. the same with gg's guards.

Iron_lord likes this.
  14. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    maybe her character is a stormie that has a saber-like weapon that's not a "lightsaber" per-say but can be used against a lightsaber and look like these.
    also notice the shields.

[​IMG]

15. Jedi Dragon D

Jedi Dragon D Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2013
    Is she attending Comic-con?

16. JediAce1

JediAce1 Force Ghost star 5

May 8, 2014
    She'll attend the Game of Thrones panel

darklordoftech likes this.
  17. sluggo1313.

sluggo1313. Jedi Knight star 4

Aug 23, 2013
    Separte rumors that were always reported together. LMWAO

Just becuase its in a McQuarrie drawing doesn't mean it WILL be in Episdoe VII. Do you think they are going to redesign Chewie and 3PO because McQuarrie drew them differently?

There is nothing mysical about a Katana, but only Samurai were allowed to, and would use them. A lightsaber sets the Jedi apart, makes them different and unique - like the Samurai.

18. Echo Base

Echo Base Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2013
    I would like to see her play Lumiya:

[​IMG]

19. DarthIshyZ

DarthIshyZ Chosen One star 8

Jan 8, 2005
    Wellllll, not really. There may have been some Sith who were "evil." (My mind still hears Mermaid Man when I say that) But as Palpatine says, "The dark side is a pathway to many abilities some would consider... unnatural." The dark side is a tool. What you do with that tool - whether you control the tool or allow that tool to control you - is what makes you good or evil. Everyone can own a screwdriver. Do you use that screwdriver to fix something or do you use it to stab someone? It's just that it's easier to start doing things self-serving when your mind has been "twisted" by the dark side.

GC could be an Empire toadie or someone else embracing the dark side. She doesn't necessarily have to be evil.

20. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    tell that to gl.

21. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    GL ain't writing this one, is he? ;)

22. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    the force is the tool. not the dark side. the dark side is using a screwdriver to stab.

23. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    I disagree. The dark side is knowing that the screwdriver can be used for destructive purposes. I look at this flathead screwdriver and instead of using it to screw in a screw, I use it as a chisel. I've just used it for destructive purposes, but presumably in a good way.

24. thejeditraitor

Aug 19, 2003
    is this palpatine?

25. DarthIshyZ

Jan 8, 2005
    Any Force user. But Palpatine explains it very well in that quote. "The dark side is a pathway to many abilities some would consider... unnatural." On some level, he's acknowledging that you get other powers from the dark side and what you do with them can be evil or benign.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.