main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

TheBBP likes this.
  2. I know

I know Jedi Knight star 3

May 4, 2014
    Tweet from John:
    "Who is this woman in Game of thrones that looks like my @lovegwendoline ?? No smile?? Imposter ! #Greatperformance"

Reading between the lines this could be a bit of an insight into her character in VII. Bad guy / hard ass ... You decide

Django Fett likes this.
  3. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    I took it he was saying that Brienne of Tarth is like that, and that she is lighting up the SW set with her smile. She's likely playing a villain in SW so she may well be somewhat terse and humourless in that role as well, but of course now John can see what she's like between takes, hence the comparison.:)

4. Othini

Othini Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 6, 2012

Gwendoline was on Craig Ferguson on CBS , 2nd of september, looks like she is having a lot of fun these days. And she is a fun lady to watch. When Craig mentions Star Wars though ( a bit into the interview), its almost like he tries to move on to a different topic quick, like he has been told, no comments on who she is playing. So nothing revealing unfortunately.

TK327, CairnsTony and Adi_Gallia_9 like this.
  5. Dak Oolron

Dak Oolron Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm posting my reply in this thread, where it belongs:
    How do you know the female on the right is 5'3" - 5'5"? I agree that her body proportions seem on the shorter side, but I'm just wondering what you're basing that on?

Besides, isn't Gwendolyn (famously) 6'3"? Your math isn't adding up.
    Okay, I re-read your post and now I understand that you're saying she would tower over both people pictured. Probably true, if your initial estimation is accurate.

6. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah I highly doubt that's her.

Oh I do wish we'd start getting set pics that weren't in potato quality

7. Redimet

Redimet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2014
    I know! Just release some stills of all the characters in stills and I will be happy.

Django Fett, Dak Oolron and Satipo like this.
  8. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    Really liked GC in GOT; even though her role wasn't huge, I found myself really looking forward to her scenes, and was disappointed when she wasn't in an episode. IMHO, she is the most attractive & talented woman currently working in Hollywood today. That may seem like a strange statement considering that she's only really played Brienne of Tarth & in some Terry Gilliam films....but, I'm extremely biased since I like tall women...

In any case, here's hoping she kicks some serious @$$ in Episode VII....

9. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    How funny is it that the two people that were rumored to be aristocratic villains are seen in rebel uniforms. (If it is Christie, of course.)

Dak Oolron likes this.
  10. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

How funny is it that one guy could photo Diasy, Boyega, Adam, Christie and maybe even Harrison in one go?

TheBBP and Dak Oolron like this.
  11. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Pictures are "potato quality" cause someone snuck up onto a hill overlooking the set and is probably snapping these with some insane zoom lens. Fairly early in production and we're getting pics almost daily.

Don't be ungrateful, be happy we're getting anything ;)

12. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    Agreed. People complaining about the quality need to understand the lengths the photographer went to get these images. Here's hoping he releases the other two vids, but Disney are on his case so maybe not...

They were taken with an i phone up a tree according to the photographer (by PM to me). He appears to have gone to extraordinary lengths to get them. If he'd had a zoom, I think the quality would've been distinctly better.

And no that isn't Gwendoline. Her profile like Daisy's is very distinctive. Anyone can take a look at pics of Gwendoline and compare with this woman and see that she has a smaller head in proportion to her body than this woman. The woman next to her looks pretty short: her head is half the length of her torso which suggests to me a height of 165 cms if not less.

13. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    To be honest, given the security on set, I think the quality is far better than we could hope to expect. We just need some actual characters and spoiler type photos... same quality will be just fine.

14. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    I don't think it's her.

TheBBP likes this.
  15. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    Moving this here since my post is exclusively about GC (again):
    I just want to see her dressed up in some imposing outfit (Mando, whatever), and pointing her finger at someone a la Vader... would make an awesome screenshot! :D
    It's because she has enough self-confidence not to worry about her appearance relative to others. My sister is 5'10" but is about as tall as me in 4" heels. Wearing heels for tall women is less about "trying to get taller" and more about the way they look and how they make them feel. Confidence is key.

Maybe GC can be a strong role model for tall girls in the ST? The female leads so far have been short (Fisher is 5'1", Portman is 5'3"). I guess Daisy's character takes after (assumed) Dad at 5'7" (Ford is 6'1").

16. Darth Punk

Darth Punk JCC Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 25, 2013
    the other lady could be maisie?

17. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    Seems plausible to me. IMDb lists Maisie at 5'6", so 9" shorter than 6'3" Gwen. The one on the left seems about (or just over) a head taller than the one on the right, and if I remember correctly it seems like heads are usually around 9-10 inches tall??

18. fishtailsam

fishtailsam Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 30, 2003
    I think thats a dude.

TheBBP likes this.
  19. Dak Oolron

Apr 24, 2014
    I'm just floating theories on how it could be GC. It very well could be a dude; hard to tell at "potato quality." :p

20. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    that's gwen and maisie, search your feelings

Dak Oolron likes this.
  21. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010
    Doesn't really look like royalty. Unless she pulls a padmé trick.

22. visionz13

visionz13 Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 9, 2013

Honestly it's just a guess. I'm short, 5'5" and the girl on the right looks like just about what I'd put 5'5" maybe 5'6"

Dak Oolron likes this.
  23. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    Some publicity shots would be nice, and would stop these discussion's/arguments from going round in circles.

Redimet likes this.
  24. Blur

Blur Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 1999
    That pic. is extremely poor quality - the blonde person looks male; I seriously doubt it's GC, who is 6' 3".

TheBBP likes this.
  25. Darth Punk

Nov 25, 2013
    is that anything like the popcorn trick?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.