main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    So apparently the so-called "imperials" are force and lightsaber users. That would include the chrome troopers apparently?

2. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Maybe a step towards Imperial Knights. Or a nod to early New Hope scripts where everyone had lightsabers, even the stormies.

dekaneas, Shadojoker and starocean90 like this.
  3. Shadojoker

Shadojoker Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 15, 2000

A lot of things we are seeing have STRONG inspirations from Ralph McQuarrie..storm troopers w/sabers, the soccer ball droid, etc. I think the direction this new trilogy takes will be a combination of old "lost scripts" and new direction in Star Wars storytelling.

4. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    but i like breastuses.

5. D'an

D'an Jedi Master star 4

Apr 21, 2014
    It just makes sense for Gwen to be playing a sword wielding strong arm considering her role in Game of Thrones. But I hope that multiple troopers wielding sabers isn't the case. I got burned out from all the sabers in the prequels. I prefer a post Clone Wars galaxy where the light saber is nearly extinct weaponry.

EviL_eLF and NightWatcher91 like this.
  6. NightWatcher91

NightWatcher91 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 7, 2014
    I think she is probably a mild force person who wears the armor.

7. phatdude1138

phatdude1138 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2005
  8. Dewback

Dewback Force Ghost star 4

Jul 18, 1998
  9. -E-

-E- Jedi Master star 3

Sep 1, 2003
    I've been pretty lurkerish and neutral about the new movies, but I gotta say, I think some of you maybe onto something, here.

I remember when the concept art was leaked, there were plenty of folks who said they thought the new black figure struck them as feminine. Just maybe, they were right...

As an old-school (female) SW fan, that's kind of exciting! :-B

10. Darth_Corvus

Darth_Corvus Jedi Master star 4

Jun 17, 2010

Yeah. A shiny new future based on the original concept arts. Odd, but I like it.

Shadojoker likes this.
  11. ShaneP

ShaneP Ex-Mod Officio star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    It's an amalgamation!

12. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    The body does somewhat seem feminine. I'm very interested in seeing how her character will be. I think she'll do great.

13. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    I'm still convinced it's her. I very well could be wrong, and wouldn't be surprised about it, but I see Christie every time I watch the trailer. Pretty sure we'll only find out for sure when the film is released.

14. Scummy_and_Villainous

Scummy_and_Villainous Jedi Knight star 3

May 13, 2013
  15. Grand Master Galen Marek

Grand Master Galen Marek Jedi Knight star 4

Jun 22, 2014
    A Ghostbuster/StarWars theme.

16. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
  17. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    No the same at all... the 2nd to bottom line is at Marshmallow man's armpit, and just above Christie's waist. The 2nd from top line is at Christie's shoulder line and Marshmallow Man's chin, well above the shoulder line. ;)

18. EviL_eLF

Mar 16, 2003
    He's just as convinced it's Driver as I am that it's Christie... based soley on comparing the individual to what is seen on the trailer.

Still not confirmation of ANY kind.

I'm STILL convinced it's Christie. ;)

19. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000

I can't believe that someone actually took time to create this.

20. Rabs

Rabs Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 15, 2014
    If she's a Stormtrooper that carries a lightsaber that will be cool. If she's an Imperial Knight that will be even better. If she's a Dark Lady of the Sith, something I've always wanted to see in a SW film, then for me she'll instantly have Vader status. But either way I'm positive she'll be bad ass in the film.

starocean90 and EviL_eLF like this.
  21. JBFett007

JBFett007 Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 23, 2014
    So here's my Theory. I think there's more to her character than we know now. I think Gwendoline plays one of Luke's earlier apprentices, and she is more or less the reason he's gone into exile to train further apprentices in seclusion. I think that he began training her, but Luke expected her to serve the Rebellion/Republic. She held more sympathy toward the Empire, and in the end joined them instead. Seeing that she had used his training to do what he perceived as evil, Luke fled the known Galaxy to seek seclusion so that exterior politics could no longer "taint" his student's training. I think that as the trilogy goes on she'll get more and more of an Anti-Hero spin put into her character, and that she'll lead the Empire to eventually form an alliance with the Rebellion/Republic to fight the Sith.

22. Royale w/ Codeine

Royale w/ Codeine Jedi Master star 4

May 19, 2014
    She's playing the bodyguard to the grandson of the Emperor Slayer.

23. propeller

propeller Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 4, 2014
    So could it be that GC is playing Captain Phasma?

She's a wonderful actress and I love the idea of a strong female villain, something which the OT/PT both lacked.

turnip white likes this.
  24. HL&S

HL&S Magistrate Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 2001
    I'm thinking if her name is a reference to the chrometroopers being somewhat invisible or cloaked, the snow environment isn't going to help her mission. She'd probably make the best use of that ability in the jungle or a city/base.

25. turnip white

turnip white Jedi Master star 4

Dec 3, 2014
    Am not sure about this been Gwendoline - well from these images anyway. They look like male hips to me!? Would gladly like to be wrong though

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.