main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Gwendoline Christie (Captain Phasma) in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by Darkslayer, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DV75

DV75 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2001
    Exactly.

Christie isn't playing Kylo. My money is on Adam Driver.

When Driver was cast, news reports immediately said he was to play the new villain in TFA or the 'new Darth Vader'.

thejeditraitor likes this.
  2. CairnsTony

CairnsTony Force Ghost star 5

May 7, 2014
    No it hasn't, but some of us have proof, which as I've said before, I do not have permission to share. People are welcome to not believe me, I really don't mind, but she is the Chrometrooper commander as will become apparent in due course. :)

thejeditraitor, Satipo and B Wilson like this.
  3. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    Beware Jedi, Brienne of Chrome is coming.

B Wilson likes this.
  4. SkywalkerOG

SkywalkerOG Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 19, 2014
    I'm always willing to listen?

CairnsTony likes this.
  5. DarthLightlyBruise

DarthLightlyBruise Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 11, 2015
    Perfect opportunity for the return of creepy starey Hayden ghost.

[​IMG]

Oh, and:

Anakin
    Stannis

amirite?

6. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    Some pretty convincing rumors for the fact that Christie could be playing Kylo Ren.

But it just can't be. It just doesn't make rational sense. Kylo Ren is clearly one of the main characters in the movie, meaning he would be cast early on in the process (Adam Driver). Christie was cast later, certainly for a slightly smaller role than Kylo Ren. Plus, Driver is also slender and tall, fitting Kylo Ren's costume.

Christie could be the Chrometrooper, but she might not be that either. She may just be a commander of this "First Order," and perhaps we haven't seen her in any of the trailers yet.

7. Baron_Papanerd

Baron_Papanerd Jedi Master star 4

May 1, 2014

You could be right; but I am guessing that the Evil Castle was Vaders' Lair, and that only Kylo Ren and his henchmen would be the only Characters at the Castle. I also think that the Evil Castle will have more of a Gothic look as opposed to the more Emperial look of this location. I am still betting that the location of this pic is the Imperial Base that is seen in the Trailer; a portion within the mountains. But who knows? [face_dunno]

Wildcatbarry likes this.
  8. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    Wasn't it speculated that Vader's castle could be where Luke is hiding??

Satipo likes this.
  9. B Wilson

B Wilson Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 26, 2014
    Sounds like you got some inside info.....;)

I believe she is the Chrometrooper as well, just wanted to know if I'm up on my info.

CairnsTony likes this.
  10. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    Master Baron your suggestion is plausible and would give edit to the idea of The First Order being a cult. A cult worshipping Darth Vader.

Baron_Papanerd likes this.
  11. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    That was once a major line of speculation. MSW has since discredited it.

12. Django Fett

Django Fett Force Ghost star 5

Nov 7, 2012
    As Captain Phasma, GC will certainly be intimidating to her opponents but I don't see a lightsaber anywhere in that very brief scene. I think if Phasma survives TFA she could well form a triad of evil along with Driver and Serkis, the time to end the Rule of Two is now so we can finally see 3 or 4 Jedi taking on 3 or 4 Sith.

13. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Yeah; the idea of a cult worshipping Darth Vader is interesting. And with Kylo Ren likely being Darth Vaders' Grandson, he would make a great Recruiter for Force adepts to join the Dark Side. ;)

14. Wildcatbarry

Wildcatbarry Jedi Master star 4

Jan 23, 2015
    A Sith Army would be too awesome.

15. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Yup. I think we're seeing "The First Order of the Sith."

16. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Never mind the lightsabre she touts a standard issue blaster. Perhaps she isn't that special and just got the last set of armour but not before they had run out of white paint.

dekaneas likes this.
  17. DV75

Nov 30, 2001
    I love how the Chrometrooper/Phasma has a cool 'Boba Fett' vibe to them - with the side cape, etc.

18. DarthLightlyBruise

Feb 11, 2015
    Hasn't been ruled out. After all, Luke sported a blaster and a lightsaber. Different weapons for different purposes. I mean, if you need to kill someone from a distance, there are more efficient ways than chucking your sword at them!

That said, I'm leaning towards no lightsaber. And I'm glad about that.

CairnsTony likes this.
  19. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

Yeah; I can't wait to see her in action. ;)

20. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    I got a ton of stuff during Principal Photography. I knew the sort of character she was playing before there was even talk of Chrometroopers. I said recently that I couldn't share about 90% of it, but since then quite a bit has surfaced anyway in one form or another.

There is still one major character reveal that they've managed to keep completely quiet until now. That's something I don't have permission to share, but I'll comment when it comes to light, will it probably will sooner or later. :)

21. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014

Yes. Some of us wondered if we might get to see Bast castle somehow. Could be very cool.

22. Baron_Papanerd

May 1, 2014

CairnsTony I'll be waiting with great interest. :D

Wildcatbarry and CairnsTony like this.
  23. CrazyOldJedi

CrazyOldJedi Chosen One star 6

Oct 29, 2000
    Rey's parentage?

24. CairnsTony

May 7, 2014
    Sort of. Not definitive proof, just 'stuff' that gave credence to my conviction that she's a Solo. Though who knows? It could all be wrong. ;)

Baron_Papanerd and CrazyOldJedi like this.
  25. Rodie

Rodie Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 16, 2014

I think it could be "Vader's Castle" as well. I mean, he must have had a home base of some sort when not flying around on a Star Destroyer or visiting the Emperor on Coruscant. And showing this in TFA is a cool way to give more insight into the character of Vader without him being on screen. And it makes perfect sense that the First Order would use his castle as a base after his death.

Maybe this is how the First Order funds their operations...They seized Vader's Castle and now rent out rooms in it like a Bed & Breakfast to anyone in the GFFA with a bit of a twisted mind HAHAHA.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.