main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga H/L Fanfic Challenge April/May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003
    Yes, we were so excited with the response we got for our first fanfic challenge, and here's the next one:

Leia is on a date with someone (not Han). It can be with anyone for any reason (i.e. set-up, diplomatic reasons, to spite Han after an argument, etc). How will Han react?

When you've finished with your story, post it to this thread or the link in this thread.

This fanfic challenge will run until May 22nd.

Happy Writing!

2. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    Humm, must think about this one.

*waits for inspiration to strike*

3. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    OH! This one's going to be fun... *Giggles* I'll be writing ASAP! :) Good challenge, guys!

4. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    heeheehee I'm looking forward to this...now if only I can come up with something! :) And Puggy, maybe this time we can come up with different ideas :)

5. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    I'm still playing with the challenge a bit, but this should be less, umm, controversial than the last one. [face_mischief]

Title: Separate Spheres -- A Drabble
    Timeframe: Pre-ANH
    Focus: Leia, Han
    Notes: A drabble is a work of exactly 100 words (not counting title).

Leia pretended to watch the Coruscant skyline fly by, but she was really looking at Boean's reflection in the speeder window. He was working up the courage to slide closer to her, and his nervousness made her smile. In other circumstances, she'd probably fancy him. But her heart belonged to another. Leia couldn't wait for the day she became Mrs. Lak Tarrant. And she would be once he read her fan letters.

Thousands of light years away...

Han awoke with a start. "Chewie, I had the weirdest nightmare. Imperials were quizzing us about math."

Chewbacca shook his head and laughed.

6. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Drabbo...you are REALLY twisted. :p

7. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Excellent job, Drabbo. I really like that one. :D

8. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Jajaja, good one Drabbo,
    DM

9. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    I found this at the bottom of page 3!!!

So....here's my offering, and I hope others will be inspired to write, as well.

Duty

Diplomacy was a drag. Leia pondered this thought as she stood at the balcony behind the ballroom of the Lijure Embassy house with her glass of blue Corellian Thunder barely touched. She glanced up at the twin moons of Tramati, which were hanging low in the sky. The air outside was heavy with a tropical torpor, and normally, Leia would have loved it, reveling in the velvety feel of being outside on such a beautiful night.

The sounds of laughter and tinkling of glasses behind her made Leia wince. To give herself a moment of quiet, she had sent her date, Prince Rulant, the younger son of King Dencaro of Lijure, to fetch her something to eat. Rulant was a nice, unassuming young man, but Leia knew there wasn?t a snowflake?s chance on Tatooine that there would be a future between them. He was a couple of years older than Leia, but she felt she was worlds older than him in terms of experience and outlook. By sixteen, Leia was already representing Alderaan in the Imperial Senate. Rulant was finishing his university studies and was on his planet?s main shockball team. From his talk, Leia wondered if he even realized that there was a Rebellion out there.

The whole evening had been engineered between Mon Mothma and King Dencaro. Leia knew that she had been the prize dangled before Dencaro; if he would consider pledging his support to the Alliance, Mothma would see to it that Leia attended the dinner tonight.

When Mothma told her of the plans for tonight?s soiree, Leia had shrugged her shoulders and agreed without much enthusiasm. It seemed a small thing to do to help the Alliance. The Alliance was meeting with King Dencaro on Tramati instead of his home planet of Lijure because Dencaro wanted to have neutral ground for the meeting. Only a small delegation of Alliance members had come down for the talks, and most of them were here at this reception tonight.

All except Han.

He had refused to attend, stating that he had work to do on the Falcon.

Leia had been furious when she heard he would not be attending. Luke had not come from Hoth to Tramati with the delegation for the talks, and Leia had been counting on having Han around for some moral support at the party. Just why she felt she needed him around for this she could not explain, but she just felt instinctively that she was a little safer with him there.

?Why aren?t you coming?? Leia had asked, cornering Han in the hallway of the Embassy house where the members of the delegation were staying.

Han had shrugged. ?High class parties are not my thing. You?re not gonna get me into one of those formal suits prancing around and acting like a rich moron.?

?You don?t need to be at a party to act like a moron,? Leia had shot back.

?Yeah? Well did I also mention that hanging around you was another reason not to come??

Leia frowned subconsciously as she remembered the argument and then startled a little as she saw that Rulant had returned to her side with a small plate of delicacies.

?Are you all right, Leia?? Rulant asked.

?I?m fine,? Leia responded consciously rearranging her features into a smile. ?Thank you,? she said, taking the small plate off Rulant?s hands. She set her drink on the railing of the balcony and ate a few of the treats. ?These are wonderful,? she commented.

?Nothing too good for you,? Rulant said.

There was something in Rulant?s tone that made Leia pause in the act of chewing. She glanced around quickly toward the doorway to the balcony. The way was partially blocked by the large, fan-like fronds of the Peneri ferns that adorned the ballroom. She had chosen the balcony because it was secluded and she had wanted to get away from the small talk of the other guests, but now, she regretted this as she realized there was safety in numbers. She put the plate down, swallowed hastily and then quickly took a drink of her Corellian Thunder,

10. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    I enjoyed reading that, LP, I think you summed up the way they feel about each other well. :D

I'm still waiting for inspiration to strike. I actually have the seed of an idea, but it's refusing to grow.

11. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    LP you've done it again- that was really beautiful! Drat Mon Mothma, pulling a Threepio like that :)

I've got my idea and I really want to write my first draft but I have no time...I'm planning to write it this weekend, but I'm not sure when it'll be up. Anyway, can't wait to read the rest of yours! :)

12. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Good one LP! Really enjoyed it!

Cant wait till all of the other authors around here post!

DM

UP

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

crystalrain, Miska and DarthMasan - thank you!

14. LovelyLea

LovelyLea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2001
    That truly was great! :) Nice anticipation!

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Thanks, LovelyLea!

16. Kirana_Ti

Kirana_Ti Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 15, 2002
    Oooooooh, LP, as always, that was wonderful!
    This thread doesn't seem to be eliciting so many replies as the last one...
    I'll try come up with something... really, I will!
    And this needs an up!

17. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Ohhh, LP, that was cute and sad and... and... beautiful. *nods* yup.

18. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    If I didn't already know, LadyPadme, that fic would definitely tell me you have something against Mon Mothma... LOL! Lovely work, of course. I loved the feeling of all the UST between Han and Leia... *Sigh*

This challenge is really hard. I've been working on mine for awhile now, and I haven't been able to go anywhere with it, LOL...

19. Bellyup

Bellyup Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 29, 2002
    ?To get the hell off of Hoth,? Han said, ?Wouldn?t you find any excuse you could to get off that icebox??

[face_laugh] That was such a Han reply!!! This was a great piece--you really captured the characterization of both Han and Leia, LP, and I realy enjoyed reading this! :D

20. val solo

val solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2000
    Oh, Lady Padme, I loved it! Just kiss him, Leia! How can she even resist???

Great story!

21. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

To Kirana_Ti, Sunshine, Puggy, Bellyup and val_solo, thanks!

Anyone else? Viggies? Viggies?

Anyone?

22. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I finished this, finally! I think I've been working on it for almost two weeks...

Author's Note: Sweetheart's Day is like my GFFA's version of Valentine's Day, and Orcadia is the "base of the moment." Han doesn't really "react" in this fic, LOL. I realized after I passed the 1,000 word-mark... But I kept going anyway.

(Okay, so I'm not supposed to tell readers this...) But, in reality, this is just a batch of Han-rambles. It has no point. It's really random. I went off on tangents like the entire time. I didn't want to post it, but I wanted to post something for the challenge and this was all I had. It's a rough read, and got to be SO long SO fast.... Aghh...

Oh, and thanks to Sunshine for beta-reading this--so sorry you had to read all the painful rough drafts, lol.

---

Man of Action
    by Puggy

They say I'm a man of action, but I'm not really displaying those qualities at the moment. I've found myself curled in my pilot's seat of the Falcon, in a dazed and confused mood. Downtown Orcadia's not far from here; it's a rather nice get up, with classy restaurants and intriguing dance halls.

They've going out tonight--the Princess and the kid, that is. It's Sweetheart's Day, so Luke invited Her Worship to have dinner with him tonight. I guess it was a pretty nice thing of him to take her out, considering she's been pretty depressed lately, but I don't think this little dinner-date is going to help her any.

Her Royal Heinous is an interesting little creature. Sometimes, I'm convinced she's a mutation of the female species. She has this strange ability to camouflage herself, to change who she is, and to just plain confuse the hell out of anyone she wants to.

I could tell she was putting on a disguise when Luke came to get her this evening. She didn't want to go. It's not that she doesn't like the kid, because I know they're great friends, but... There was just something in that fleeting glance...

I can't shake that image of her. It was almost comical, I admit. I was walking past her door as Luke approached, and so I stopped to give the kid a morale-boosting speech. He seemed embarrassed by it all, and then said with a shrug, "Han, look. Leia and I, we're... We're just friends, I guess."

(Either he's lying, or farmboy really no longer has any intentions of romantically pursuing the Princess, which was where my whole theory was shot to hell. Ever since the day those two met, they seemed connected in some way. There's just something about them that makes you think they'd be together for life.)

When Her Worship opened the door, I had to keep my jaw from physically dropping. I'd never seen such a sight. Gods, she honestly looked breathtaking. Her hair was all curled and pulled back in some elaborate, princess-like fashion; her dress was red, tight, and semi-revealing.

I watched as she took Luke's offered arm, and then I decided, "What the hell?" and tossed her a smile. In return, she didn't smile back. She didn't even snap some sarcastic comment. She didn't even say anything.

She just looked at me with her deep brown, pleading eyes, begging me to do something. I couldn't figure out what it was, though, and I couldn't ask her. I just knew that she wasn't happy about being toted off to dinner, even though she was going with Luke.

They've been gone half an hour, which is how long I've been thinking about that look she gave me. What am I supposed to do with this mental image? All I can see in my mind is this sad, pitiful princess that desperately wants to say something, but doesn't know what, exactly, she should say.

I'm a man of action. This means that I shouldn't be here at all; by definition, the man of action would already have left, in pursuit of the princess, because that's what the man of action does: he acts; he gets off his lazy rear and does something.

But it doesn't matter that I'm still sitting here. I've seen enough of those corny holos to know that real life isn't l

23. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    Well, Puggy, what can I say? I had the pleasure of bothering you until you finished it and then to beta it- thus you know that I absolutely and completely adore this fic. Without a doubt.

Painful? Only when you left me hanging, missy!

24. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Great viggie, Puggy!

25. Sock_of_Darth_Vader

Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 24, 2002
    Well done, Puggy. Poor Luke [face_love]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.