Saga H/L Fanfic Challenge April/May

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Apr 22, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
  1. Miska Jedi Knight

star 2
    That was adorable!!! Great job, Puggy- you made it look so easy :)

I'm still working on mine..it might turn out to be a 'double vignette'- around 4 pages...I hope no one around here minds some extra Han and Leia? LOL anyway, hopefully the first part'll be up next weekend- I'll be back!!!
  2. Miska Jedi Knight

star 2
    OK, here's my contribution:

Part 1
    Leia stalked from the hanger bay in frustration as her mind began the mental tirade that inevitable followed her conversations with Han. Of all the stubborn, annoying, ARROGANT, men in the galaxy, I have to be stuck with this one?If Jabba doesn?t get him first, I?ll kill him myself! It?s one simple request for him to fly a mission; why does he have to make it so difficult? Why can?t he just? Preoccupied with ways to tell General Rieekan to find another pilot, she ran head first into someone, scattering the huge stack of paperwork he carried. She glanced up to see the General himself, and bent down to start picking the papers up, murmuring an apology before Rieekan knelt down also and she heard his familiar Alderaanian accent saying,

?I was just coming to find you, Your Highness. Alliance Command has been looking for you, there?s a?situation that you should know about.? Leia handed him the last of the papers with a quizzical glance.

?Situation?? She repeated. He nodded.

?Yes. If you?ll just follow me, I?ll explain all about it on the way.?

The Next Night

Behind his perfectly straight face, Han Solo was gloating. This had to be the best hand of cards he?d gotten in sabaac in a long while. This game was setting up perfectly, and he could really use the money he would win for new parts for the Falcon.

?So ,you guys heard about the Ice Princess?? The slightly slurred question came from Reynar Greane, an X-Wing pilot who was just downing his fourth glass of Mandrovian Whiskey. Han exchanged bewildered glances with Luke, across the table, before saying nonchalantly,

?What about her??

?For the first time in Alliance history, she?s going out on a date.? Reynar threw down some credits.

?What?? Luke practically jumped on the comment. His crush on the princess was no secret, so Han could understand that look of hurt confusion in his eyes. What he couldn?t understand was why he himself suddenly felt?betrayed?

?How?d that come about?? Wedge asked from beside him.

?I got the whole story last night from Renyce, in Central Command. Some millionaire that we?ve been trying to get to invest in the Alliance since forever finally called yesterday and said that he?d donate as much money as the bigwigs wanted, in exchange for one thing: a date with Leia Organa for tomorrow night.? Reynar being busy pouring his fifth shot of whiskey, and Luke occupied with his own thoughts, Wedge was the only one at the table who noticed the darkening of Han?s face as he asked,

?What?s the guy?s name?? Reynar gulped the whiskey down, hiccupped and replied,

?Tyson something?can?t remember.?

?Tyson Aristide? That guy who made a fortune out of super durasteel but never goes out in public because he?s so camera shy?? Luke asked, matching Reynar?s bet.

?Prob?ly. Isn?t it weird? He?s worth 3 billion, he can have any girl he wants, and he?s got his eye on Leia Organa, Queen of the Untouchables herself. He seems like the kinda guy she?d fall for, but?? Reynar trailed off in astonishment as Han threw his cards down, kicked his chair back, and left without a word. The other three men traded surprised looks and then looked down at the hand of cards he had carelessly thrown down. Idiot?s Array. Wedge was the first to speak.

?What?s with him??

?He looks almost?jealous...? Luke said in disbelief. Reynar shook his head and laughed, gulping down another shot.

?No way; he hates the princess! Right??

Rieekan was carefully carrying a stack of data disks to his quarters when 1.8 meters of brooding Corellian male crashed into him. He sighed.

?Hello, Han.? Han glanced up.

?Oh, sorry. Hey, General, ya know where Leia is??

?I would imagine she?s still in her office.? Han nodded absently and started to head off in that direction, then stopped and turned around. The nonchalance in his manner now was almost a comical difference from the hurried abstraction of a few minutes ago.

?Say, General, do you kno
  3. Sunshine Jedi Knight

star 2
    He's dead?

But dead men can't date!

Uhhh... Leia... Han is not the man to idly show concern for random reason.

*shakes head* Don't like this sitch... don't like at all...

But I love the story, Miska
  4. Puggy Jedi Knight

star 3
    Great start, Miska! I think I have an idea what's going on, but I'm most likely wrong. Can't wait to see Part 2! :)
  5. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    I really like the subject for this challenge. So far, there have been no wasted efforts. All of them are very good. :) I hope there are still a few more entries.

J_Girl
  6. Miska Jedi Knight

star 2
    I tried to post this last night, but it was thundering at my house and it obviously didn't go through. So here's part 2!

Nice (Yes I finally have a title!!)
    Part 2

Luke tried for the second time to run a brush through his curly blond wig, gave up, and grumbled,

?I still don?t know why I?m the one who has to dress up like this.? Han sighed patiently.

?For the millionth time, Chewie is too noticeable, Wedge is busy, and besides, I
    think the blue dress kinda matches your eyes.? Luke threw the brush at him, but he ducked and continued with what he was doing.

?As long as you tell Leia that it was your idea for us to sneak into her room, borrow her clothes and makeup, and spy on her during her date. Are they straight yet?? Han gave a final tug to the left side of his friend?s new ?endowment? and stepped back critically.

?The right one might be a little bigger than the left, but I don?t think anyone will notice.? As Luke started to apply lipstick, Han continued, ?Besides, you?re the one who?s always saying ?trust your feelings?, and I have a real bad feeling about this. All we?re gonna do is walk in to the restaurant, make sure she?s all right, and then leave.?

?She?ll?be?furious?? Luke muttered, struggling with the eyeliner.

?That?s only if she finds out. And not so heavy on the makeup, I don?t want to go out with a tramp.? Han said over his shoulder as he walked out the door. Luke followed him, still muttering,

?Wouldn?t be the first time.?

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Leia smiled sweetly and nodded in agreement with Tyson?s well-informed views on the humane treatment of droids in the galaxy, and watched as he ordered another glass of Alderanian wine for her. One perfectly manicured hand ran confidently through his golden blond hair, keeping it perfectly in place. And despite the romantic ambiance of the place and Tyson?s intense brown eyes boring into hers, Leia couldn?t help thinking of large, work-roughened hands, scruffy brown hair that always stuck out a little, and hazel eyes with flecks of gold and green in them?

Snap out of it! She silently chastised herself. Here you are, sitting across from one of the most handsome, witty, sophisticated men in the galaxy, and all you can think of his Han Solo! What is wrong with you? But try as she might, her mind insisted stubbornly on replaying their encounter in the hangar bay a few short hours ago, before she had boarded the ship that would take her to her date.

?So, I guess you?re still set on going, huh?? His tone was neutral, but Leia thought she could see a hint of?something in his face. She nodded.
    ?I?m going to meet him now.? Han shook his head, almost in disappointment.
    ?I never woulda believed it of you.?
    ?Well maybe you don?t know me as well as you think.?
    ?Maybe no one does.? A personal comment like that would have ordinarily sparked an irritated response from Leia, but she found herself unable to reply to the trace of vulnerability in his face. ?Have fun, Princess.?
    By the time she found her voice, he was gone.

But she still wasn?t sure why she felt so guilty. It?s not like she and Han had any kind of a real relationship besides the insults and arguments and banter. While Tyson?he was just perfect. Maybe even too perfect. For the past- she surreptitiously checked her chrono again- two hours and 28 minutes, their conversation had moved easily from art to music to politics to literature. He had been well-read, sophisticated, and mature. But the whole time, it had seemed like he was playing a part- acting the charming, shy, young millionaire. And if he thought she hadn?t noticed him urging her on to drink, he was crazy. Leia wondered if he was seriously trying to make a pass at her, and she smiled indulgently at the thought. She had learnt a long time ago to avoid drinking, since alcohol and short Alderaanian princesses did not go together well. Maybe he was used to getting his way with any girl he wanted, but he wouldn?t get too far with her.

T
  7. DarthMasan Jedi Master

star 3
    WOW!! great! excellent! I really liked this story! Having Luke wear a dress was hilarious! I liked the mush at the end, so sweeet..... =) wow!
    Hope to see more of these! I would write one but I dont have such a talent... ohh well... see ya all later
    DM
  8. J_Girl Force Ghost

star 4
    Jedi Drag... ROTFL! [face_laugh] A thoroughly good idea!

Nice ;) almost kiss there, too.

J_Girl
  9. crystalrain Jedi Master

star 4
    Luke in drag... [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

*wipes tears from eyes*

The rest of it was very good, too :D
  10. Sunshine Jedi Knight

star 2
    *stops*

Wait- we're dressing Luke up as a girl?

*falls over laughing*

Oh, Miska, that's GREAT! I love it!

since alcohol and short Alderaanian princesses did not go together well.

*dark mutterings* Alcohol and short anybodies don't go well together.

*coughs* I knew this Tyson guy was too good to be true. Handsome, charming, intelligent? *snorts* Nope, I knew there was latent sleaziness within. That blaster though is a little much, pseudoTy.

But Han came to the rescue! WOO!

?Told ya so.?

*cracks up* Oh, that's SO HAN!

*sigh* Ohhh, this is great-

?So, did you like him??

?Who??

?The millionaire.? Her eyes widened at the absurdity of the question.

?He was an imperial assassin!?

?Well before you knew that?what did you think of him??

*shakes head* Only Han.

Their lips were almost touching?

And then Luke?s footsteps

*screams* NOOOO! LUKE! *bangs head against desktop* Stupid_farmboy_loser!

Alright. So it wasn't completely Luke's fault. They hadn't hung a 'do not disturb' sign on the door- yet- but... *growl* still...

*jaw drops* Ord Mantell!

Woo!

Man, I got quite a few bruises from reading this- but they're well worth it!
  11. Sock_of_Darth_Vader Jedi Master

star 4
    Aaargh! My Luke--first you put him in drag [face_laugh], then you make him walk in and interupt the kiss! Aaargh! Luke, dear, I think you'd be better off well out of the way. Come and be in my fic.
  12. Miska Jedi Knight

star 2
    Hey guys! Glad you all liked the fic...the idea of Luke in drag came to me at like 2 in the morning and I just couldn't resist it :) Yeah, the 'almost kiss' is killing me too, but without all the 'almost-kisses' that we don't see (except in fan fic) they could never have had that wonderful kiss in ESB!!
Moderators: Briannakin, mavjade
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.