main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga H/L Fanfic Challenge - July 2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Jul 3, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NETTYTHEPRINCESS

NETTYTHEPRINCESS Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    Lovely post!!! Hope to see you write more soon. :)

2. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    Adoringly(does this word exsist? Im not sure...) cute, excellent job.

DM

3. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Her mechanical droid moseyed along the sand with his rather comical looking sidekick, the gold plated droid C-3PO. As usual C-3PO was babbling uncontrollably, his monologue punctuated by ?Oh my, ? and ?My goodness? every so often.

That made me giggle, how very 3PO! Nice effort.

J_Girl

4. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Thank you, thank you to all of you!

Miska: What can I say? ;) Thankyou for your work on this! :D

Sunshine: Aww, thankyou...glad you liked it! [face_blush]

LovelyLeia: Yep, that mix was what I was hoping for...it worked? Great...thank you! :D

GreatOne: Thanks!

Kab730: Thanks [face_blush]

NETTYTHEPRINCESS: Why thank you NETTY, I'm encouraged by your words! :)

DarthMasan: Adoringly...Well, I hope it does,,,I like it! ;) [face_laugh] And thank you!

J_Girl: Heheh, 3P0 does provide the giggle factor doesn't he? In fact he did in my first fic too! [face_laugh] Thank you my friend.

(Sigh)

I'm so thrilled you all liked it. Can't wait to see your stories! :cool:

5. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    Rhune: Wow. Your take was so thorough and charming and wonderful -- and dead-on in the characterization -- that I almost didn't write one myself. ;) Really.

But then I just couldn't hold back a plot bunny inspired by Tatooine Ghost (the location of my viggie below), so I went ahead. Oh well. :D

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine: I loved the humor in your viggie; that's probably my favorite part of their relationship: the (usually) good-natured bickering. My favorite, without question, was:
    ?What??
    ?You can hear Han,?

[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

Okay, here's my feeble attempt. Hope you enjoy it. :D

The brisk desert wind was refreshingly cool as she stood atop the small rise and watched the binary sunset. Behind her in Ben Kenobi?s former dwelling, Luke and Han were finishing cleaning up with the small amount of water Luke had stored here before beginning the final stage of the rescue mission at Jabba?s palace. Lando and Chewie had taken the droids in the captured skiff to the hidden cave where the Falcon was waiting for them; the pair would fly the freighter and Artoo would pilot Luke?s X-Wing for the short trip back here. Within an hour or two they all would be on their way to meet the Rebel fleet assembling at Sullust. And then would come the most important battle in the Rebellion?s history.

The two orange orbs glowed in the darkening sky like gems on a jeweler?s cloth. Or like two bright points of hope against an otherwise grim backdrop. As she plucked anxiously at the long curls of her unbound hair, Leia wondered whether Luke had found hope in this image too all the years he must have seen it growing up.

?The sunset always symbolized the broader galaxy to me,? said the voice behind her. ?All the things I would be able to see and do once I got off this big ball of desert.?

Leia spun around to see Luke approaching her slowly up the shallow slope of the rise. It was creepy the way he always seemed to know what she was thinking these days. Maybe it was those Jedi powers of his. ?Not as glorious as you?d hoped, I think,? she smiled sadly.

?Not always, no,? he agreed with a nod as he reached her side. ?Back then I couldn?t imagine how terrible the Emperor?s reign was. Is, I mean.?

?I just hope we can finally end it at Endor,? she sighed.

?You don?t think we will??

?I don?t know. I? I have this sense that whatever happens, it?s going to change our lives forever.?

Luke?s blue eyes gazed mischievously into hers. ?Please tell me you don?t have a bad feeling about this.?

?No, it?s not that,? she said, shaking her head. ?It?s not foreboding. It?s? I don?t know? apprehension.?

He laughed. ?If I didn?t know better, I?d think you were the one with strength in the Force!?

She laughed too. ?You?re right. I?m probably being paranoid.? Her fingers continued to play absentmindedly with her hair. ?I just don?t want anything to go wrong.?

He looked thoughtfully off into the distance. ?None of us does.?

?Thank you,? she said after a long moment. ?Thank you for helping us rescue Han.?

He shook his head. ?You don?t have to thank me. He?s my friend. Our friend.? Then he chuckled a little. ?Plus, he?s saved my life twice. This was the least I could do.?

She reached out and took his hand. ?Okay, then. It?s a personal thanks from me. Thank you for helping get him back to me.?

?You?re welcome,? he said. ?Speaking of which, why are you standing out here watching the sunset, instead of in there with him??

?I don?t know,? she admitted reluctantly. ?I can?t explain it. I mean, it?s been a year. He was in carbon freeze the whole time. And I guess I?m worried he won?t feel the same way he did before. Or that it?s changed him. Or? I don?t know. I just don?t know.?

He winked. ?Or maybe he spent that entire year dreaming about you.?

She flinched. ?Did he say anything to you??

?No. No, he didn?t.? He squeezed her hand reassuringly. ?I didn?t ask, either. And tha

6. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    Warm fuzzies, warm fuzzies!!! That was a great viggie (and I'm doubly excited that I got the first post!!) I liked how you dealt with the uncertainty and even threw in a little argument- it didn't get *too* mushy, but it was still the Han and Leia we all love. And this line was a particular favorite of mine:

?Chewie? Chewie? Is that you? All I can see is hair!?

ROTFL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

JediHumairaBlaine, lovely fic!

DarthLex: I loved the argument between Han and Leia. When they miss their signals like that it's almost like watching Laurel and Hardy, but in a psycho Star Wars mode. Fantastic!

8. Kab730

Kab730 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 20, 2001
    Wonderful Job-Darth Lex

9. J_Girl

J_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 18, 2001
    Darth Lex: The first line about the sunset was really good. It totally drew me in.

She winked. ?Now shut up and kiss me.?

Great line! :D I wish we could do a challenge around just that line. Ooh, I already have one forming in my head.

J_Girl

10. GreatOne

GreatOne Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 22, 2003
    Great job! And STILL they fight! *sighs*

;)

11. Jedi_Humaira_Blaine

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 27, 2003
    Darth_Lex:- What can I say? [face_shocked] That was gorgeous! [face_love]

And funny...Luke's stab at humour was a riot! [face_laugh]

Please tell me you don?t have a bad feeling about this.

LOL [face_laugh] The famous SW line made an appearance! ;)

Your Graciousness ??? Hahahahah! :D That was a new one...or was it? ;)

I had a lot of time to think
    That must have been pretty difficult for you. ;)

Don't ya just love 'em? [face_love]

Lovely viggie Darth_Lex! [face_love] You have a way with humour viggies!

Oh and BTW, thank you for your review of my work! I'm glad you enjoyed the humour...I used to think I wasn't funny! 8-}

Lady Padme:- I'm glad you enjoyed the fic... :D

12. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I'm delighted you all enjoyed the viggie so much. [face_blush] :D I feel like I'm still finding my way around writing Han and Leia, so your feedback is really reassuring. :D

Miska: Yeah, to me it seemed like their natural reaction to their uncertainty would be to revert to their squabbling. :p

LadyPadme: I think the arguments are probably my favorite part of Han's and Leia's relationship -- none of the other couples mixes it up the way they do. ;)

Kab730: Thanks! :)

J_Girl: I think a good start is important; I'm very glad you liked this one. ;) You're welcome to use that line all you like: it just seemed like the right thing for Leia to say. :p

GreatOne: Yes, they do; I wouldn't have it any other way. [face_mischief]

Jedi_Humaira_Blaine: I've always thought Luke and Leia had a very brother/sister-like relationship in ROTJ (even before they knew), and it seemed natural that he might be the one who encouraged her to break the ice with Han after the rescue. ;) For "Your Graciousness" I took the moniker "Your Grace" and added a little Han (like "Your Highnessness", which I think is my favorite of all of the ones he says in the films [face_laugh]). Good to know you liked the humor: I'm sometimes accused of having a quirky sense of humor, so I worry sometimes that what I write is only funny to me. :p

Thanks again for the comments! :D

13. Sunshine

Sunshine Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 15, 2003
    *sighs* I always seem to post right after the author's replied. Cursed luck...

Anyhoo, Darth Lex, I thought it was simply smashing. I really should think of more to say other than 'I-loved-it', but my brain's dead after getting no sleep for weeks. Looking forward to seeing more from you!

14. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    [Hmm, my second H/L in 48 hours.]

Desert Justice

As the skiff sped away from the fiery wreck, Han and Leia held each other close.

Eventually, Han opened his eyes and looked around. "Where are we going?"

"The ships," Luke explained, "are in the lee of those rocks up ahead."

Han turned to face the Jedi. "Tell me my Falcon isn't sitting unguarded in the middle of the desert."

Chewbacca growled.

"Well, it'd better be."

Soon, they came around the rocks. "See, old buddy?" Lando asked. The Falcon did appear intact; then Han spotted the distinctive yellow shape near its base.

"I see!" he yelled. "My baby's been clamped!"

15. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    "I see!" he yelled. "My baby's been clamped!"

I hate when that happens. :p

Excellent job, Drabbo. :D

16. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    Cheers, KA!

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Another Sandstorm is my entry into this month's challenge. I was trying to find a unique way to tell the tale, so let me know what you think. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.