main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga H/L Fanfic Challenge Thread March/April

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by HanLeiaFanficGuru, Mar 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanLeiaFanficGuru

HanLeiaFanficGuru Jedi Master star 1

Mar 1, 2003

Hello, all!

This is a thread for a fanfic challenge we are posting on the Corphelion Stars Bespin Café site in the WR.

This fanfic challenge will run from today through April 20th.

The challenge is this:

Write a story of your take on how Leia told Han she was pregnant.

When your story is complete, either post it here, or post a link to it on this thread.

Good luck, and happy writing!!

2. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Well, this was one of the first mushy vignettes I ever wrote, and helped me discover my love of writing H/L. It's also my first post on the new fanfic boards-- I've been away all weekend and haven't gotten a chance to figure them out yet. ;)

News

Han lounged on the sofa, waiting for Leia to return. Their suite was not large, but it served their needs very well. As did this sofa. He pounded the cushions appreciatively. Very soft.

Where was Leia? In theory, her official luncheon had finished in the mid afternoon, which meant it would be almost dinner time when she arrived home. Yet the holographic windows displaying panoramic views of Coruscant told him it was nighttime. He glanced at the chronometer and was startled to see that it was almost 21:00. He climbed reluctantly off the sofa and made his way to the communications console to see if she had left a message for him.

He pulled up his messages and sure enough, there was one. He scanned it quickly. It was short and concise:

Han-- I'll be late tonight. Don't wait for supper. --Leia

"Now she tells me," he grumbled to himself, stalking off to the kitchen. See Threepio was recharging against the wall. Han unplugged him. "Get up, Goldenrod. Leia's gonna be late, so you can start supper."

Threepio's eyes blinked on and he straightened. "Of course, Master Solo."

Han rolled his eyes and went back to the sitting room to relax back on the sofa. Just as he was settling in, the door swished open and Leia came quietly in. She grinned at Han. "I take it you like the sofa?"

"You caught me in the first stage of a nap," he admitted.

Her eyes twinkled. "Which is . . . ?"

"Lying down," he told her, swinging his feet over the side and standing. Leia watched him carefully; her hands fiddled with the ends of her sleeves. Han walked over to her, holding out his arms, but she did not walk into them, only continued to stare up at him with huge brown eyes. "What?"

"I--" she began, then suddenly seemed at a loss for words for the first time in her life. "I'm sorry I was late," she said after a moment.

Han furrowed his brow. "What's wrong, Leia?" She was certainly acting unusual.

"Nothing! Nothing at all! I'm just, well . . ." She swallowed and looked up at him, studying his face, and abruptly changed the subject. "Have you eaten?"

"Not exactly." Neither of them moved for a second. "Okay, who's gonna talk first?" Han asked her. "Are you going to tell me what's bothering you, or am I going to have to make you tell me?"

Instead of cracking a smile and challenging him the way she normally would, Leia glanced at the floor. "Han, I need to tell you something."

A shadow seemed to pass over his face. "Is something wrong?" He gripped her shoulders, suddenly worried. "What happened?"

She grinned and enfolded him in a sudden hug. "Oh, Han! I've been holding it in for so long, I barely know how to tell you!"

"What? How long?" he demanded, hands moving down to her upper arms and shaking her. "What are you talking about?"

"I found out just a few minutes ago," she said breathlessly, hurrying through the words. "Han, I'm pregnant."

Her words did not register at first. He stared. "You're what?!"

"We're going to have--"

"I heard you!" he interrupted. Emotions rushed through him and she laughed.

"You should see your face right now," she informed him teasingly, suddenly cheerful again. She stood on tiptoe and kissed him lightly, pulling away before he could deepen the kiss. Her eyebrows lifted and she watched him with anticipation. "What do you think, Han? I know we weren't planning on children yet, so soon, but . . ." Her voice drifted off.

Han finally found his voice. "What do I think?" he repeated, inexplicable joy surging up from his toes to fill his entire being. He wrapped his arms around her waist and spun her in a circle. "Leia, it's . . . amazing! Wonderful!" She clung to him, laughing. Then a thought struck him. "When did . . . you know?"

She grinned. "I was hoping you could help me figure t

3. Hananiah

Hananiah Jedi Master star 4

Jan 15, 2003

This a great fic! poor Han that must have been a shock finding out he had twins but it was nicely done well done!!!

4. Tara

Tara Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2002
    Wow, great job Mcily_Nochi! Nice depth of emotion and surprise, and awesome use of POV. I especially liked Han's reaction to finding out they were going to be twins :p

5. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    great job! loved the fic!
    DM!

6. Mcily_Nochi

Mcily_Nochi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 23, 2001
    Wow, thanks everyone! I appreciate it! H/L are my favorite couple, and I've written about half a dozen vignettes featuring them. This was my first one. :)

7. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    I love it- very cute Mcily! But then again, I love all of your work :)

8. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Oooo, great job Mcily, really cute I epecially loved Han's reaction, I could sooooo see him doing that! :D

Well everyone, heres my answer to the fic challenge. :)

Leia was stood in front of the tall mirror in the bedroom, struggling to zip up the back of her elegant, forest green gown.

She scowled and gave a tug as the zipper stuck, but to no avail. How was it that ships that traveled through hyperspace had been invented long ago, but never a zipper that did not stick?

"Need some help with that Sweetheart?" In her concentration Han had come up behind her without even realizing it.

She sighed in relief, "Yes please! It seems like I've been trying to zip it up for hours"

He wrapped his arms around her waist and kissed the back on her neck.

"Are you sure you want my help zipping it up?" he whispered suggestivly in her hear.

"Han,"protested Leia in vain,"Your wrinkling my dress."

"So?" He did not remove his hands from about her waist.

Leia turned in his arms to face him. With effort she fixed a stern expression on her face. "Han, I've got a State Banquet tonight, there are some very important diplomatic officals coming. I can't be late, or come in a wrinkled dress."

Gave her his patented innocent expression. "Well, then just don't go at all."

Leia gave him her attempt at a equaly blameless look. "What, do you suppose I should do instead?" She traced the scar on his chin.

"I could think of something." Their faces drifted closer together, their lips a mere breath from touching.

They touched, Han captured Leia's lips with his.

Leia shivered slightly as Han's fingers touched the narrow triangle of skin bare at her back where the zipper still wasn't closed.

Leia was loath to leave, to even move from that spot, but she caught a glimpse of the clock out of the corner of her eye.

She was going to be late if she didn't hurry.
    But--should she tell Han her news first before she left? No, no, she still wasn't for sure, she didn't want to dissapoint him if she was wrong.

"Han,"she murmured between kisses,"I really do have to go."

Han sighed and held her close for a moment, hiding the dissapointment in his eyes. She was always having to go somewhere, and usaly it was some place where he wasn't needed, or would feel terrorably out of place.

Fancy dinners and diplomats just weren't his style, and he and Leia both knew it.

"Don't let those diplomatic speachs put you to sleep Princess." Han murmured into her hair, then released her, finnaly helping her with the zipper.

Han watched Leia at the doorway as she left until the speeder was out of site.

He sat up and waited late into the night, but eventualy had to resign himself to the fact that once again, he was going to be asleep long before Leia got home.

The speaches were at long last over, and it was time for dinner.

As the elegant group of diplomats filed into the dining hall to sit at the long table, the aroma of the rick food wafted under Leia's nose.

Her stomach gave a little lurch, but she ignored it, putting it down to it having been half the day since she had time to sit down and eat.

But as they sat at the table, and she smoothed her rich, forest green silk gown, Leia found herself fighting nausea.

This was redicolous! She was never sick, why now? Protested Leia mentally as at the sight of the food sitting before her, she felt positivly green.

She picked up her fork and forced herself to take a bite, knowing it would be unpardonably rude not to eat at least a little.

As soon as she swallowed, much to her horror Leia knew she was going to be sick.

"Ex-excuse me."She murmured pilotly to the aged diplomat sitting next to her as she pushed back her chair from the table and practically dove for the resfresher.

She came back to the table, only to find, much to her dismay that her sickness had not abated, only rolling lazly about her stomach.

Then it hit her. Of course! She should have realized sooner. What she had suspected for a little over a we

9. crystalrain

crystalrain Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    OK, this is the first fic I ever posted here now, so be nice. Also bear in mind I didn't want to write this, but the plot bunny bit real hard and it kind of wrote itself. This is unbetaed, so if you spot any spelling or grammer mistakes feel free to PM me.

Oh, and this is definatly AU. I don't think that this would ever have happened myself, but when the bunny bites...

Here goes.

Ewok and rebel cheers of joy still echoed around the lush forest, but there was one who was even happier than most.

Han had never felt better in his life. Luke was safe, the Emperor and his Death Star were gone and Leia ? Leia was his. He leaned across and gently brushed a stray wisp of hair from her face. The tender action flooded Leia with warmth, and she looked deep into Han?s eyes.

?Han? She said, choosing her words carefully. ?There?s something I need to tell you.?

Han?s expression shifted from one of joy to one of concern. ?What is it, Sweetheart??

Leia swallowed and began hesitantly. ?Luke and I?? She stopped and began again. ?Lord Vader?? Again she paused, the distress evident on her features. Han waited patiently, but not without a little trepidation. Leia finished in a whisper: ?Vader was my father?.

Han gasped in shock. Leia pressed the heels of her hands to her eyes, trying to stop the tears that threatened to gather there. Han immediately gathered her into his arms and held her tight. Thoughts flashed through his mind: disbelief, pity, anger, love. Disbelief that that monster could have fathered someone so beautiful and selfless as his princess, pity for the woman crying in his arms, and pity for everyone else that Vader had hurt over the years. Pity turned to anger; anger for all those lives destroyed by the empire, anger that the woman he loved had been hurt so deeply. But all that was drowned out by the love he felt for Leia.

After a few minutes she pulled back a little and spoke, her voice a choked whisper. ?I can?t believe all he did. My father.? Her voice dissolved into sobs, the unspoken word Alderaan hanging in the air. Han wrapped his arms protectively around her and searched for the right words to say.

?What?s done is done, Leia? he reminded her softly. He paused for a moment, unsure of whether to continue. ?Vader can?t hurt you anymore. The future will be better.?

Hearing that comforted Leia. Not so much the words, rather hearing Han speak them so gently to her ? the sound of his voice was like a balm to her wounds.

?Besides,? continued Han ?I would still love you even your father was the Emperor himself?.

Leia gave him a look so full of love that it almost broke his heart. ?You would??

Han looked her straight in the eye and replied, voice full of emotion, ?I love you?.

Hearing that made Leia?s spirit soar. ?And I, you? she replied simply. She put a small hand on Han?s shoulder. Somehow, they were drawn inextricably together until their lips met in a lingering kiss. When they finally broke apart Han gently wiped the tears from her face with his thumb. She took his hand in hers, and squeezed it gratefully, managing a weak smile. He kissed her on the cheek, but she pulled him close for a deep kiss that made them both shiver inside.

As they drew apart, Leia said ?There?s another thing you should know.?

Han was flabbergasted. Hadn?t he already had enough revelations for one day? Fear shot through him, but then he realised that Leia was smiling. She took his hand and touched it to her - as yet flat - abdomen. She leaned forward a little and spoke softly. ?You?re gonna be a dad?.

For the second time in ten minutes Han gasped in shock. ?How? When?? he spluttered.

Leia gave a broad, genuine smile. ?I think you know how? she teased. ?As for when: about a month ago, I think. I didn?t tell you sooner because, well, I only started suspecting something a few days ago, and with the mission and all?? A slow smile of delight crept across Han?s face and he cut her off with a passionate kiss, enfolding her in his embrace.

Th

10. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    I've just read the other fics, and they do indeed both outshine my own.

Mcily: I'm sure I've read that somewhere before, but I don't know if I commented or not. That was beautifully written and nicely in character. I liked the bit when Han missed the sofa best [face_laugh]

Princess: Beautiful mush, as usual. And I liked the dialogue and the characterisation. Nice work :D

11. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Here we go! My try at the challenge, hehe. I debated about what POV from which I should write. If I wrote from third person, I could get both Han and Leia's thoughts. However, I decided to write from Han's, because I really like writing as him. I didn't mean for it to end up so long, though, LOL!

- - -

Crossed Wires
    by Puggy

"Threepio? What the hell is this?!" I shout angrily, picking up some strange meat concoction. I was told that the droid could cook but obviously, someone lied to me. This food looks disgusting, and there's no way I'd ever think about serving it to Leia.

The moment that stupid droid clanks into the kitchen, I regret having said anything. Threepio looks almost insulted; I can tell by his stance. "Master Solo," he begins, his voice more obnoxious than I remember it having ever been, "it is traditional--"

"You know what?" I cut him off, walking towards him. "I don't care. Whatever it is, there's no way I'm eating it."

I abruptly shut the golden droid off, and he stands there, completely motionless and speechless--just the way I like him. Then, I pick up the plate full of meat and dump it all into our small garbage compactor. There's also a pile of vegetables, but I decide to keep those. I mean, what could Threepio have done to a batch of vegetables? Not much, I hope.

So, now, I'm stuck cooking on my own. We've got practically nothing in the suite, aside from some snack food and a pair of frozen nerf steaks, which I grab quickly. Although it's nothing fancy, it sure is better than Goldenrod's poor excuse for food.

Once I get those cooking, I return to Threepio. I wonder where to put him, because, well, I don't want to have to look at him for a long time. There's a fairly empty closet in the living room, so I drag the droid through the kitchen and out to that room. After a few minutes of shoving him in there, he's finally out of the way.

I take a quick glance at the chronometer. Leia should be back in less than half a standard hour, and the apartment's still not ready. I've got the small dining table out in the living room, and the couches, chairs, and kaffe table are all pushed against the wall.

I approach the small dining table, which has a deep red, hand woven table cloth over it. I think someone bought it for us as a wedding gift (Madine, maybe? I think there's also a set of napkins that go with it), but then again, people bought us a lot of stuff. We now own more gravy boats than I know what to do with, and more holograph frames than holos themselves.

But, hey. I did get something useful out of that wedding--Leia.

Plus, there was that incredible set of tools from Wedge Antilles, although I think he gave me that at the bachelor party. Gods, though. The hydrospanner is amazing! Chewie and I'd never seen anything like it before.

Twenty standard minutes. I go back into the kitchen and scramble around frantically, searching for the candles I know we have somewhere. They're a purple-red color, and when they burn, they fill the room with a nice, fruity scent. They should be in the small cabinet next to the wine, but they're not.

I turn around, extrememly frustrated. This is not going well.

First, Leia left me this morning at the crack of dawn, saying, "I have so many things to do today!" She always has so many things to do everyday, and, most often, I'm not one of them.

I know her work's important to her, and that she works real hard. Sometimes, though, I wish we'd be more like husband and wife. It seems that everytime she's got time, I don't, and vice verse.

I do thank my lucky stars each and everyday, though. I never thought in a million years that I'd end up getting married, nevermind to an Alderaani Princess! If only all my smuggling buddies could see me now...

Sixteen standard minutes. I sure do spend a helluva lot of time standing around idily.

I take one last look at the kitchen, and I spy the candles. I'd already gotten them out,

12. DarthMasan

DarthMasan Jedi Master star 3

Sep 20, 2002
    awww... love both the fics!
    I only have one question, for thr challenge, do you still need a Beta? or waht?
    Im toying with the idea of writing one but, I dont know, Its kinda sketchy still.
    DM

13. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001

crystalrain: Thanks! Yours was great too, very touching, Leia's reaction to Han not minding she was Vaders daughter. Those two are so perfect together, and you got it just right. Great job. :)

puggy: Oh my gosh that was so cute! You tottaly captured Han, I loved this part especially: I'll just tell Leia the truth: that everything was all Threepio's fault, and that we really do need to get rid of him. That was hilarous, I about died laughing! :)

14. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    I forgot to say how much I've liked all the other fics you guys have posted! This is a really fun challenge--fun to write, and even more fun to read. :)

15. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Puggy: That was wonderful! I particuarly liked the end. I can just imagine them standing there grinning like Cheshire cats there. And I love the diologue. And all of it, really [face_love]

16. RogueSticks

RogueSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 15, 2003
    All right. I hammered out my own version of this particular challenge....except I gave it a little twist. Since it's about nine pages in Word, I didn't know if that was too long to post here, so I'll post a link. And I actually have not learned how to link yet so I'm just posting the link as is. lol. It's called Better Than Fine.

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=10999930&replies=0

And I just want to say that the fics already posted here have been great. I've loved all of them!

17. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    This is my response to the challenge. Enjoy. :D

[b]A Quiet Mission[/b]

"Oh, my!"

With that said, See-Threepio went tumbling out into the corridor leading out of the [i]Millenium Falcon[/i]'s cockpit as it's captain tilted the craft on it's side to avoid the flight of TIE fighters bearing down on it just moments after the extremely motified YT-1300 freighter exited hyperspace.

From his seat in the oversized co-pilot's chair, the Wookiee Chewbacca roared out an exclamation of surprise and anger before throwing a series of switches that angled the ship's deflector shields and another set that started to charge the main batteries.

At the same time, from his seat in the [i]Falcon[/i]'s captain chair, Han Solo spun the ship again as emergency klaxons blared in his ears and red warning lights filled his vision. When that first flight of fighters passed over without damaging his ship, he banked the ship again to turn into the path of another flight trying to cut off the freighter's escape.

"I'll take the ventral guns," the last of the Jedi Knights, Luke Skywalker, announced as he freed himself from the crash-webbing holding him into his seat behind Han.

"Then I'll take the dorsal guns," Leia Organa Solo, Han's wife and Luke's sister stated as she unhooked herself from the chair behind Chewbacca.

"No!" Han barked as laser-fire from the TIEs bounced off the [i]Falcon[/i]'s forward shields. Lifting an accusing finger in Leia's direction. "I have a few words to exchange with you. Chewie will take the lower guns."

The Wookiee howled agreement, no Imperials would get away with striking the [i]Falcon[/i] without feeling [i]his[/i] wrath, and followed the Jedi out of the cockpit, carefully stepping over the protocol droid Luke was helping to prop up against the wall. "Guess we're going to have to work on your equilibrium programing when we get home," Luke told the droid, patting it on it's golden-polished shoulder before rushing after the Wookiee and up the ship's gunwell.

Flying the ship with one hand and keeping his eyes on the chaos on the other side of the cockpit's viewport, Han needlessly gestured his wife into the co-pilot seat she was already strapping herself into. "Star Destroyers at point-oh-five," she announced after scanning the monitors on the console in front of her and wrapping a comm-headset over her braided hair.

"I see them, I see them!" Han growled, "Don't go changing the subject." The craft tilted on it's starboard side, allowing Chewbacca to open fire on the TIE fighters approaching from port. The quad-lasers roared and so did the Wookiee as two of the attackers were turned into spacedust. Not two seconds later, the third member of the flight was obliterated as Jedi aimmed laser bolts punctured it's ball-cockpit.

"Next," Luke said as the [i]Falcon[/i] turned into the path of another group of fighters.

"Just a nice, quiet diplomatic mission to Aonharra, you said," Han mimicked as his ship bobbed and weaved away from the fire from the approaching TIE fighters. "Reports have Warlord Whatshisname nowhere near Aonharra, Mon Mothma said." Luke and Chewie eliminated their attackers a second later, so Han turned in the direction of the nearest Star Destroyer. "Maybe I should come along, Luke said." Han shook his head in undisguised frustration. "I should have known something like this was going to happen."

"Aonharran fighters and battle-platforms have that far Star Destroyer on the run," Leia said, ignoring her husband's comments. "They can take this other one. We should be able to pull out of the battle without drawing anymore attention."

A look of mock hurt crossed Han's face. "Sweetheart, you obviously don't know me as well as you think." The [i]Falcon[/i]'s engines roared into the red-zone as he manuevered it into an attack position against the near Star Destroyer.

"Well look, Han, I [i]do[/i] know you well enough that---" The ship suddenly rocked as a hail of cannon-fire from the Star Destroyer's batteries punctured the [i]Falcon[/i]'s shields. "Stang! What was t

18. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Knight-Ander: Whoa! Well, that's one way to tell him...
    I enjoyed reading that. Well done :D

19. Knight-Ander

Knight-Ander Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    Glad you enjoyed it, crystalrain, and thank you. :)

20. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Ooo, I liked that, Knight-Ander! It was cute. I thought it was great the way Leia just blurted it out and didn't really give Han any other option but to turn the ship away! Hehe, nice work! :)

21. Miska

Miska Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 18, 2002
    First of all, nice story Knight_Ander!! Very cute! And I'll never forget that you were the first review of my very first story here on the boards :)

And now, without further ado...

That Kind of Guy

I?ve never been one of those guys who sits around and ponders the meaning of life. That?s more like my brother-in-law. You might have heard of him, his name?s Luke Skywalker. I?ve seen him argue for hours on destiny, the Force, and a Jedi?s place in the galaxy. As for me, I used to believe that destiny didn?t exist- that we make our own luck, and it all depends on nothing more than the roll of some Huge Heavenly Dice. But now, after the events of the past few years, I?m not so sure. Anyway, I can tell ya this: trying to figure it all out is more of a headache than I?d volunteer for. So I guess that makes me wonder why exactly I?m sitting here doing just that.

Good question. And the only answer I really have is that I must be getting old. Or maybe Luke has rubbed off on me in the 8 years since we?ve met. Or maybe it has something to do with the fact that Leia should be home soon with dinner and thinking always makes me hungry. I?m gonna go mix a drink.

Here, by the way, is our apartment on Coruscant- mine and Leia?s, that is- waiting for her to get home. Thinking about destiny and the Force always seems to bring my thoughts back to her- but it?s not like they don?t go there naturally.

If, 10 years ago, someone had told me that I?d actually care enough about someone else to rearrange my entire existence for them, the old Han Solo would have laughed in their face. Me, a hero of the Rebel Alliance? Respectable? Settling down with a princess? No way, I?d have said. I?m not that kind of guy.

If the old furball was here, he?d give me some philosophical crap about life having different plans for us than we have for ourselves. But he?s away visiting his family on Kashyyyk. Goldenrod is powered down in the bedroom because that rattle of his got on my nerves about 10 seconds after I got home. So I guess that leaves me alone with my thoughts.

But not for long, because just as I?m thinking this the door slides open and Leia hesitates in the doorway for just a split second before coming in. The lights are dimmed, so I can?t even see her face, but I know something?s wrong. I start to come towards her, but she meets me halfway, almost in a rush.

?Sorry I?m late, but I had an appointment this morning, and then I had to stay late at the office-? I cut her off with a kiss. It takes her by surprise, but that doesn?t seem to prevent her from enjoying it.

?Take it easy sweetheart.? Now that she pulls back and I see her face, I can tell that I wasn?t quite right. She doesn?t seem upset exactly; it?s more like?flustered? That surprises me because Leia is usually anything but flustered. I start to ask her what?s going on, but my grumbling stomach changes my mind and I say instead, ?I just got home a few minutes ago anyway. And I?m starved. What?s for dinner?? Those brown eyes of hers- probably the first thing about her I fell in love with- widen in horror and almost fill with tears. She claps a hand to her mouth and whispers from behind it,

?I forgot to pick something up?? Okay, now I definitely know something?s going on. I?ve seen Leia cry before, but never over something as trivial as whether or not her husband gets to eat. We have definitely got to talk about these mood swings she?s been having lately. I sling an arm around her shoulders and lead her to the couch.

?Hey, Princess, it?s okay. Threepio can whip something up. No problem.? Lucky for me, there is one thing in the galaxy Goldenrod is good for: he?s an amazing cook. We figured out a long time ago that someone must have programmed him to do all kinds of household chores, because he?s surprisingly good at it. Leia nods, makes a visible effort to pull herself together, and manages a smile as she goes to power him on and program him.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Half an hour later, after dinner is under way, I?m still co

22. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    Miska: That was so sweet! I [face_love] the way you've capured the best of Han and Leia's relationship in that piece.

[face_love] :D [face_love]

23. ArnaKyle

ArnaKyle Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2000
    Great viggies, everyone! I'm having a blast reading these, they're all so good. Here's mine, in a somewhat humerous interpretation. ;)

Make it a Double

"Han, we need to talk."

For any man in the universe, the words "we need to talk" are four dreaded words. That means, "I need you to do something handy for me," "I don't love you anymore," or "The entire universe is about to destruct in three point twelve seconds and I want to tell you how much I love you before it blows up." I'm kind of hoping it's the one about the universe blowing up.

Considering the last time I got "we need to talk" was when that joke of a prince Isolder came intruding, I'm not pleased. And then there was the time Leia wanted me to dress up and escort her to the diplomacy conference which was as exciting as picking fleas off a wookiee, I figure the last option is the universe exploding. I try to act relaxed.

"What, sweetheart?"

Leia stares at me for a moment, and her eyes are hard to read. Times like this, I wish I had those stupid Force powers so I wouldn't have to play guessing games. "Hey now, is something wrong? You can tell me." Apparently, the universe isn't going to self destruct.

"Han?" I can tell she's concerned, and I want to ask her if everything is okay, and I want to take her up in my arms and tell her whatever the hell it is, we'll get through it. But I don't know what she's going to say, and for that, I just keeping staring at her, waiting for her to continue.

"I?we?well, um?" Wow. My little senator isn't articulate. The world must really be falling apart. Leia is at a loss of words, and this hasn't ever happened before. Great. If Luke isn't really her brother? I snort to myself, and realize I just did that out loud.

"Leia, honey, c'mon. I'm not going to be angry with you." I'm starting to think that she must have broke something. If she broke the Falcon?well, I try not to think about that.

She takes my hands in hers, small and fragile, and I start to sweat a little. I wish she'd just get it over with and tell me. "Do you remember that time that we finally got a chance to go on vacation?"

I nod, grinning. If she wants to go on another one, that'd be fine with me. "Well," she says softly, "we're going to have a few souvenirs." My mouth drops, and hangs open. I'm sure I look really stupid.

"Y-you're pregnant?" I stammer. I'm suddenly afraid. Even though Leia and I have been married for a while, this makes it official. Han Solo, irresponsible gambler, womanizer, and joke is now a husband, and pretty soon, he's going to be a father. I don't know if I like this.

I don't know what to say, I just don't know if I can ever get used to this. "How long have you known?"

She smiles, clutching my hands tighter. "I just found out today. You don't think I'd hide that from you, Han," she mockingly accuses me. "Don't worry," she says, apparently reading into my thoughts, "you'll have plenty of time to adjust."

"I'm gonna be a father," I say, testing the phrase out loud. It sounds weird, like I'm not the one saying it. "We're going to have a baby!"

She bites her lip for a moment, but smiles at me anyway, leaning in for a kiss. "So you're not upset?"

I kiss her for a few minutes, bringing her into a warm embrace. "Of course not," I tell her, "I'm just?really surprised. But, I can't imagine anything better. We're gonna have a baby, together."

"Hey," she teases, "I'm going to have to do all the work." She gives me a playful kiss on the cheek, but she still looks a little nervous.

I grin back at her. "Just don't break my fingers." I smile happily, still wondering what it'll be like to be a father. Someone is going to look up to me, to depend on me. Someone is going to be part of me. I feel elated, but at the same time?whoa. This is going to take some time.

"I think I need a drink," I announce, standing up.

"Han," Leia says, and suddenly I know there's something else. I don't know how much more news my nerves can take in one day. "M

24. Puggy

Puggy Jedi Master star 3

Oct 1, 2002
    Miska: You already know I loved yours, but I'll say it again: I loved your fic! LOL.

ArnaKyle: Interesting how so many people like to write from Han's POV--I think he's so much fun to write "as!" Anyway, your fic's ending was adorable; definitely a clever way for Leia to let know they were having twins. Awesome work! :)

25. crystalrain

Jan 28, 2003
    ArnaKyle:
    [face_laugh]
    Great fic!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.