main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Habitat for Humanity

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Diesel_Dave, Sep 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Master_Duron

Master_Duron Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 29, 2002
    BTW girls, I broke out the power tools and installed a screen door tonight. ;) I was alos wearing a tank top. :D

2. Lady_Jiffer

Lady_Jiffer Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 30, 2002
    [face_devil] And you didn't invite us over?!! [face_devil]

Oh well, there's always HFH!

Hee hee! I forgot I was wearing a sock!

Guess who!

3. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    That's it MD?

On Monday I fixed a picture frame, Fixed a mirror, and removed an extension from a ceiling fan for a flush mount.

Sunday I dissassembled a bed frame only to re-assemble it in another apartment, changed my oil and spark plugs on my truck, and, the most important part, put in a vanilla scented air freshner!

Hows that for Mr. Fix-it! :p

*anxiously awaits attention from PFF girls*

4. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    SWEET!! That deserves a kiss on the cheek!!

SMOOCH!

5. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    When I get back from Mexico next week I will tile my entire kitchen counters, replace the kitchen sink and faucet. Then after that I will tear out my old shower and tile a new shower and replace the shower door. After that if I am feeling really spunky I am going to do the nursery. :p

6. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Allright! :D

7. Mobius

Mobius Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002
    Don't get me started, boys. Today I put together the side of a Chevy pickup, the bed and door of another, the front end and fender of a Buick Le Sabre, and the front end and door of a Chrysler Town and Country minivan. All while wearing my mechanic's uniform, which women seem to dig so much. :)

I also just financed $3,000 in tools from Matco. God it's expensive to be a body tech.

8. Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral

Jedi_Knight_Whi-Ral Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Sweet!! I think you need a BIG kiss for that, My Master!

KISSSS!!

I just love the battle of the fix-it-men I see unfolding before me...such displays of testosterone are so...MANLY!!

;)

9. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    [face_laugh] This has certainly turned into an...interesting thread. :p

10. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Almost as nice as the $6,000,000 Machine I work on with $5K in Snap-On Tools in the roll-away. :p

Anyway... Back to Habitat for Humanity,

I recieved an invitation to their orientation. It takes place Sat. and Tues. from 8:30a to 10:00a. Ya'll already know I can't do Saturdays. I'll call and make my appt. for Tues. the 17th. I'll find out about guests if anyone wants to go.

11. Master_Duron

Apr 29, 2002
    Yeah but Mo's is work. Dave and I are doing our own projects.

After I finish those other projects I am putting down a cement slab and walkway down the side of my house. When the weather cools down a bit I am putting in a garage.

12. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Dave, let me know about Tuesday. I may be able to go with.

MJA

13. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Will do. I'll try calling again. I'm at work right now and I haven't checked my voice mail at home yet. When I have detailes I'll fill you in of coarse.

14. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Hey all you PFF'rs, I just got off the phone with a Becca Bishop. She has me scheduled for orientation on Tues. the 17th at 8:30am. It's in Phoenix and is about an hour or so.

I'll PM MJA Anyone that has a question or two they would like me to ask feel free to post it here or PM me. I will make sure and see that your concerns are addressed.

I would really like to get as many people as possible in on this as it really does alot of good things for those in need and for you.

Thanks,
    Dave

15. Mara_Jade_AZ

Mara_Jade_AZ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 8, 2002
    Dave, I can go with if you need me to. Just let me know.

MJA

16. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    Woo-hoo! Go Dave! :D

Let us know how things go tommorrow. :)

17. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Will do. MJA will be with me. Gotta have the top ranking PFF charity officer with me. :)

18. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    I need your input PFF'ers

Habbitat for Humanity does group building activities refered to as 'Camp Habitat'
    These are 1 day group builds and are held on Tuesdays and Saturdays from 6am to 2pm.

I need to know how-many and when (as in what date) And hopefully, we can do this next month. It will be cooler than August so that makes it easier.

Turns out we'll need to schedule an orientation to learn about HFH and for the safety info (It's a construction site after all :) ) before we can jump into those tool belts.

edit: Camp Habitat

edit2: MJA suggested (and it's not a half bad ideafor those who are unsure about jumping into this) that we try the Hospitality Volunteer thing before actually grabbing the hammer.

19. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    I can do a Saturday if I know in advance and can do my homework early. Tuesdays are bad for me...I have clinical all day.

Just give me a date, and I'll work it out.

PLUS...Would I pass up the chance to do a good deed AND get to lather up the PFF men?

HECK NO!!

Official Lather Girl...right here! [face_devil]

20. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002
    Other help needed by Habbitat for Humanity.

Several other positions are available to help. They usually consist of one day a week, for a few or more weeks.

Site Host
    Description: this people oriented position is responsible for greeting volunteers, answering questions about the Habitat mission and help plan and conduct home dedications. Site Hosts may give tours, assist with Camphabitat and help with fundraising or promotional events.
    Skills and Requirements: This position requests strong communicatin skills and requires a commitment of at least 7 Saturdays of the 15 week build schedule. Volunteer orientation and site host training is required.

Hospitality Volunteers
    Description: Provide Meals or snacks for volunteers on the construction sites.
    Skills and Requirements: Perfect for scouts, volunteers under 14 yo. civic groups and social clubs. Prepare (or purchase and deliver) lunches for 20-25 volunteers on the construction sites. Meals can be as simple as pizza from a local franchise or as elaborate as a themed event. Occasionally, breakfast items, drinks, and snacks are also needed. please reserve your date with Habitat's Volunteer office

more coming soon

21. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    You're so handsome when you're working for charity Dave

Kisses for you, you big lug!!

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

22. Diesel_Dave

May 16, 2002

Meesa likem de kisses and hugs! :D

23. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Glad to hear it! :D

Come to RL on the 5th and I'll give ya some more! :D

24. Ion_Control

Ion_Control Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 23, 2002
    I think a Saturday would work best for just about everyone in the PFF. I would be happy to lend my services. ;)

I guess if Jedi_Wench is the Official Lather Girl, then I can be the Official Snack Girl. :D [face_devil] [face_laugh]

EDIT: Just getting the right job down. [face_blush]

25. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Hey ya IC! I don't mean to burst your bubble but Mara Jade AZ claimed that one already. :(

How about the Official Snack Girl..you could feed the men! You know what they say, "The way to a man's heart is through his stomach!"

Even the Sith and the Jedi seem to follow that rule!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.