main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive .hack//Judgment

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Zedd-Vega, Jan 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zedd-Vega

Zedd-Vega Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 13, 2003
    .hack//Judgment

In the year 2021, The World has changed...

Unlike the former creations of CC Corporation, The World has been given a new upgrade unbeknownst to many of the players who had been a part of the massive MMORPG for many years. While many retired and decided to let the "noobs" take over, CC Corp had a plan of its own to keep many of its strongest players to continue playing, despite the rapid influx of noobs.

This so-called "upgrade" dubbed "Download v3r", was open to any and all who wished to download it. Not unlike an expansion pack, the Download granted players access to a "secret" area where they would be given class-specific items. This drew in many players.

Far too many...

Now, only six months after the introduction of Dv3r, a catalyst in The World has caused a riot among the players. Numerous deletions made by a mysterious moderator, pulling noobs from The World as well as skilled veteran players, have all been directed at one player: a young Flick Reaper accused of being a Player Killer.

The accusations have been made semi-valid when other players testified to seeing this particular Flick Reaper hiding nearby whenever another player was deleted by the moderator, although they are far from the truth...

Now, as The World crumbles beneath a mysterious hand, two sides of a losing battle struggle to find the answers behind the unruly deletions in hopes to restore The World to normal...

Welcome to [b].hack//Judgment[/b], where you will take part in a quest to reveal the truth behind the mysterious deletions plaguing the .hack// world. You will have complete character freedom in choosing both race and job, and depending on how well constructed your character is will determine its overall level.

Players will have a choice of the following Races:

[blockquote][b]Humans[/b] - Humans come with many different appearances in the game, and have average stats.
    [b]Ya Tribe Beasts[/b] - Ya Tribe Beasts appear large and intimidating, boasting high strength and defense. However, they have low magic defense and attack stats.
    [b]Lei Tribe Beasts[/b] - Although Lei Tribe Beasts usually have the size and shape of human characters, they tend to have canine or feline appearances. Lei Tribe Beasts have high speed and agility, but poor defense.
    [b]Tu Tribe Beasts[/b] - Tu Tribe Beasts are small animals in appearance. They have limited defense and strength attributes, however, their magic attack and defense are very high. All members of Medic Union use this race.[/blockquote]

And players will have the choice of the following jobs:

[link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Adept_Rogue]Adept Rogue[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Blade_Brandier]Blade Brandier[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Macabre_Dancer]Macabre Dancer[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Edge_Punisher]Edge Punisher[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Flick_Reaper]Flick Reaper[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Harvest_Cleric]Harvest Cleric[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Lord_Partizan]Lord Partizan[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Shadow_Warlock]Shadow Warlock[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Steam_Gunner]Steam Gunner[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Tribal_Grappler]Tribal Grappler[/link]
    [link=http://dothack.wikia.com/wiki/Twin_Blade]Twin Blade[/link]

[hr]

The rules for this game are simple: you are not "all powerful" and neither am I. Should myself or any other player appear to have crossed the line into "god-modding" then we will be reprimanded. As GM, I myself am not exempt from the same rules as everyone else.

However, I do have control over unruly players. Should one grow out of hand, player or character wise, you will be warned. Everyone will receive [i]one[/i] and [i][u]only one[/u][/i] warning. After that you will be asked to leave the game.

The next and most important rule is as follows: [b]PM ALL C

2. Kahn_Iceay

Kahn_Iceay Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 5, 2006
    Mother Tested GM approved

IN GAME

Name: Lacuna Darksky
    Race: Human
    Job: Blade Brandiers
    Weapon: Blade Thorns
    Level: 17
    Appearance: [image=http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i46/kahn_Iceay/Assassin1.jpg]
    Reason you started playing: Way to much free time
    Reason for still playing: MMOs are way to addictive

OUT OF GAME

Name: Alex Rea
    Appearance: scruffy facial hair, brown spikey hair, heavy set, glasses

3. GraySaberFreque

GraySaberFreque Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 23, 2006
    GM Approved

IN GAME

Name: Henen La
    Job: Twin Blades
    Weapon: Two Small Blades
    Level: 14
    Appearance: Tall and muscular and thin. Always wears a long, pure black cloak. He has black eyes and hair though both a barely visible under his hood. Has olive colored skin.
    Reason you started playing: He loves video games and the internet. So he saw The world as a way to combine both. He also likes how he can create a stronger, cooler looking self in the game.

Reason for still playing: Henen wants to protect the world from Player Killers after his friends were PKed. So he is now a Player Killer Killer, hunting down those that "kill for sport". He stayed for the download v3r and the secret area and rewards it included. Recently he has been looking into the mysterious deletions in the world...

OUT OF GAME

Name: Daniel Morton
    Appearance: A short, avergae weight man. Has brown hair and green eyes. He's not very strog looking.

4. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    IN GAME

Name:
    ChildishLemur ("CL" to those who know her well)
    Race: Lei Tribe Beast
    Job: Flick Reaper
    Weapon: Scythe
    Level: 24
    Appearance:
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/normal_anime_dark_neko_fav1.jpg]
    Reason you started playing: Her friends convinced her that it was fun and convinced herself to take up a hobby
    Reason for still playing: To prove her innocence as this infamous "PKer"

OUT OF GAME

Name:
    Akemi Ito
    Appearance:
    [image=http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b226/ResidentEvilJedi47/SchoolGirl.jpg]

5. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    GM Approved

IN GAME

Name: twITCH_
    Job: Macabre Dancer
    Weapon: War Fan
    Level: 16
    Appearance: [image=http://idata.over-blog.com/0/30/45/93/final-fantasy/_ningen_wallpapers-final-fantasy-unlimited-2-1280x960.jpg]
    Reason you started playing: The MMORPG seemed glamorous; a big and competitive game to indulge in.
    Reason for still playing: There have been no further or better releases of genre of game.

OUT OF GAME

Name: Rei Hikari
    Appearance: [image=http://pr4y.free.fr/images/cosplay/132.jpg]

6. Digi_Raver

Digi_Raver Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 14, 2006
    ~GM Approved~

In Game:
    Name:Wulf
    Race:Lei Beast Tribe
    Job:Blade Brandier
    Weapon:Dragon's Bane
    Level: 15
    Appearence:Has wolf characteristics, the ears, the fur, the eyes, the teeth, she has golden eyes, long silver hair in loose pigtails tied with black-laced ribbon, Wulf wears a high collar, low-cut black silk chinese shirt with soft fur around the collar and chest, accesorized with many black leather buckle belts on her left thigh and left arm, she also has two black belts to gird her sword on her waist, a long black skirt with a slit on the left side, black high-heeled boots...
    Reason for starting: mother incouraged her to get a hobby, since her family was on the brink of separation, Alison became depressed and she had alot of free time...
    Reason still playing: since mother and father split, Alison is a broken child, so she turns into a player killer, taking out her anger and stress one the World's players...

Out of Game:

Name:Alison Hillery (Alice)
    Appearence:mid-length orange hair to the mid-back, over grown bangs fall over her green eyes, she usually weres casual clothing...

7. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: I plan on starting the game once we gather a few more players. I will be posting a notice in the RPG Introduction Thread in hopes to gather enough players to start.

I noticed that in my opening post I said I don't mind multiples of characters, twin blades and the like. Most of you may be unsatisfied with the level I've given you as well. Two reasons:
    1) There are two Player Killers other than the one originally affixed to the storyline. The low levels make it near impossible to kill the players within this game.
    2) To make sure nobody steals the spotlight. By no means is my character the center of the story, but nobody else is as well. I don't expect everyone to fall into dire peril and "die" because of the low level.

I would appreciate if you have any friends who are interested in fantasy games, to tell them about this one. It would help a lot to gather the needed starting players and start this puppy.

8. GraySaberFreque

Nov 23, 2006
    OOC: well since I'm the lowest level here, can I at least kill NPC PKers, otherwise my guy has litle role.

9. Digi_Raver

Jul 14, 2006
    OOC: I too am concerned about my character, will she have the right to kill NPC's as well?

10. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    OOC: That's enough OOC chatter guys. I wouldn't worry so much as to whom you can kill, because you won't gain experience for doing so. If you like when you make your opening posts (after we start that is) you can say you just finished defeating an NPC player while on your search.

Everyone isn't required to work together, but it would benefit you all if you met up sometime, but not so much as you're next to someone at the start of the game and just "pop up" whenever you feel like it. With .hack//, the main mode of transportation is known as a Chaos Gate which will take you from the main Player Hub to another destination.

Just so everyone is clear, .hack// also implements travel through combinations of words. I will have an example up at the start of the game, and your relative freedom will give you slight reign over where you choose to go. The level of any destination you plan on going to will not be more than 3 plus your character level, so you won't be going to a level 60 dungeon at level 14. You would be slaughtered as soon as you exited the Gate.

If there are any further questions or comments, take them to PM if you would please. OOC clutter is a pain to clean up.

Should we not gather at least 3 more players, we will start Monday.

11. chubby_gundark

chubby_gundark Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 7, 2003
    GM approved

IN GAME

Name: Mandos
    Race: Ya Tribe Beasts
    Job: Edge Punisher
    Weapon: Bastard Sword
    Level: 20.
    Appearance: [image=http://images.wikia.com/dothack/images/thumb/e/e6/RebirthGabi.png/300px-RebirthGabi.png]
    Reason you started playing: Referred to the world by a friend, Artehmus.
    Reason for still playing: Him and his friend became a brutal duo. It wasn't until his friend got deleted that Mandos vowed to hone his abilities and find the PK.

OUT OF GAME

Name: Barry White
    Appearance: Large and muscular, Red hair with a thick beard and long hair.

12. Zedd-Vega

Dec 13, 2003
    And so it begins...

As usual, the BBS had been racing with new topics posted by players. Many regarded the Player Killers, while others continued on about leaving The World to prevent further loss to their characters. Whether you checked the BBS frequently or not was not an issue today, because certain topics caught your eye immediately:

Title: PK'rs found in ^ Ruined, Dragon's, Lute
    Post originator: Hartu

Is anyone else bothered by this? I was adventuring the other day and three players jumped me and killed me before I even entered the dungeon. I'm getting so sick of all this and I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced the same thing.

Plz reply soon. I don't want to die again.

Title: DELETED?
    Post originator: SANS DRAKE

I SAY TO ALL YE PLAYERS OUT THERE TO ABANDON THE WORLD IMMEDIATELY. TERROR AND CHAOS HAVE OVERTAKEN OUR SAFE HAVEN, LEAVING US TO HIDE WITHIN THE ROOT TOWNS THAT PROVIDE SLIGHT SAFETY FROM THE VILE FLICK REAPER WHO MENACES OUR COMMUNITY.

BAND TOGETHER OR QUIT NOW WHILE YOU STILL CAN! TIME IS OF THE ESSENCE FOR US ALL... DELETION AWAITS THOSE FOOLISH TO EXPLORE ^VULCAN, SAINT'S, REFUSE

VINI VIDI VICCI

Whatever the case, today was a new day. You were confident in your abilities when you logged on, and even further so, you believed that perhaps you could unearth some clues about your own personal quests for continuing your journey through The World. Mysteries would begin to unravel in the Root Town of Bellas Farai on Gamma Server...

Gamma Server - Bellas Farai - Day 1
    The marvelous Root Town of Bellas Farai. Not unlike many of the low-level towns you have visited, as each town had shops to buy armor, potions, and even farms for grunties. Bellas Farai appeared to be a large, cloistered monastery, with bald NPC monks tending the shops, some with thick beards and others with clean-shaven faces.

Strangely enough, within the town, many players gathered, some in private chat with their formed parties, and others talking openly in the streets about who knows what. Perhaps the PKers or even what they had for lunch. It probably didn't matter now anyway, because they surely wouldn't speak to a stranger as long as they were safe within the city walls. NPCs continued to motion to players loitering outside their shops to "buy this" or "look at this marvelous item", but the players could clearly ignore them.

This rapid influx of players on Gamma Server was bewildering indeed, with many players standing around in one server, it had to mean that Lambda and Theta servers were almost empty, with a few hearty adventurers still taking the time to explore the dungeons and rack up experience. Perhaps their own special way of dealing with the Player Killers themselves.

TAG: ALL

13. chubby_gundark

Oct 7, 2003
    Gamma Server - Logging in Mandos....

Mandos appeared in the sunny streets of Bellas Farai. He was an intimidating figure and any who observed him would usually keep their distance. Mandos sighed as he walked through the crowded streets, he had a long day ahead of him, his plan was to talk to the people who posted topics about the Flick Reaper and see what they knew... Mandos looked up, thinking about something ''Sans Drake.. and Hartu''. He had no clue who these people were so it was going to be hard to find them. ''I suppose I could start at ^Ruined Dragon Lute and find those Pkers'' He said quietly to himself as he turned and started for the Chaos gate.

14. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Gamma Server, Bellas Farai
    IC: Lacuna Darksky

Lucuna appeared not far from the Chaos gate in Bellas Farai, the town was packed. "What happened to Root Towns being quite?" he asked, to absolutly no one in paticular. He took a moment to check his equipment, every thing seemed to be in order. He paced circles around the Chaos Gate, talking to himself. "So, where to go today? What was that level mentioned in the BBS? Ruined, Dragon's, Lute." he stoped and looked about, he had been speaking where those around him could hear him. "Maybe I should get a party going before i go?" He decided to wait a few to see if any would take the bait before he would go off on his own.

Tag: Any Takers

15. chubby_gundark

Oct 7, 2003
    Bellas Farai
    IC: Mandos

Mandos walked toward the Chaos Gate, now actually planning on going in it. When he saw a lone Blade Brandier looking around for something, or someone. He walked up to him loud now, it was hard to hide the noise his footsteps made. ''Hello there, interested in forming a party?" He said with a cheery face, he always put on his best face when meeting new people, why look sullen and intimidating if you were looking to meet new and interesting people?

TAG: Lacuna Darksky
    OOC: I won't be on till tommorow, so feel free to take minimal control of my character, just to take me somewhere if I get left behind.

16. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    Bellas Farai
    IC: Lacuna Darksky

Lacuna turned when he heard the sound of heavy footsteps behind him.

'Hello there, interested in forming a party?"

He smiled, "Ofcourse I would, whats the use in playing an online game if you don't interact with people?" the duo made their way towards the Chaos Gate, "I guess you hear me say where it was i was going, and thats why you asked to group up. By the way the names Lacuna." his hand was outstreached hoping for a hand shake, "What should i call you?"

TAG: Mandos

OOC: i got nothing but time so i can wait till you get back ^_^

17. chubby_gundark

Oct 7, 2003
    Bellas Farai

"What should i call you?"

Mandos observed the outstretched hand and returned the gesture, placing his hand out and shaking the other mans. ''The names Mandos, Edge Punisher.'' He joined the party and looked at the chaos gate, ''So, interested in going to ^Ruined Dragon Lute I presume?" He observed Lacuna, ''if we run into any PKer's I think we'll be more than alright.'' He turned towards the Chaos Gate "We should keep our guard up, the post said he got jumped, they could be waiting for us at the other side.'' He pulled out his huge sword and walked towards the Gate.

TAG: Lacuna

18. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006
    IC: Lacuna

"Mandos huh? Intreasting name, befiting your character i belive." Lucuna drew his Blade Thorns, witch do to the effect of the special items he had recieved in recent endevers resembled a long sword instead of a Katana, an effect that could through off some attackers. "I just wish the poster could tell us the class of the PKers then we could be truly prepared. Well I'll watch your back you watch mine." Lucuna steped through the gate as it activated to the key words mandos had stated, and waited to arive on the otherside.

OOC: i'll wait for you to post entering the gate before ariving.

19. PressRedForFreakMode

PressRedForFreakMode Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 29, 2006
    IC: twITCH_

Rei logged in her character to the Gamma Server, in the Root Town of Bellas Farai. twITCH_ then appeared infront of her eyes, positioned slightly infront of the Chaos Gate. The place was crowded heavily, a majority of players were here.

Before logging on, Rei had briefly overlooked a topic with the subject of Player Killers. Although she had heard about the PKs, she had never actually encountered one, as threatening as it would seem.

Behind her, two players, newly introduced it seemed, headed to an area where they would apparently find PKs. ^Ruined Dragon Lute... She swiftly memorised. It appeared pointless to face a PK by oneself, they had a reputation for being of dramatically higher levels and of sheer brute force, so Rei decided it best to linger in the Root Town, looking out for anyone who may seem approachable to befriend and take to this destination overheard..

Tag: Anyone.. please :p

20. chubby_gundark

Oct 7, 2003
    Bellas Farai

Mandos stepped through the gate, he was now in ^Ruined Dragon Lute. He looked around slowly, the plains were vast and the instance looked empty. ''Hehe more bait on our hooks'' Said a sly voice, Mandos spun around swiftly to see 3 players standing atop a rather large rock. He only recognized a twin blade adorned in a black jump suit and two wrist blades ''Sorry to inform you Edge Punisher but your time here is over'' The Twin Blade jumped from the rock reaching a surprising height, he apparently underestimated Mandos.

Mandos already had his blade drawn as he jumped to the side, the Twin Blade over shot it and hit the ground with a thud. Mandos spun around bringing his blade up high, the spin crashed into the Twin Blades skull knocking him back, he didn't get up. The other two PK'ers looked at him dumbfounded. They drew their weapons and leaped off the rock at Mandos and his companion.

OOC: I'll let you identify the other two PK's [face_plain]. Also if my post is misinterpreted as God-modding I was kind of strapped for time at the time of the post I'll keep it to a lengthy fight next time.

21. GraySaberFreque

Nov 23, 2006
    IC: Henen La
    Gamma Server
    Bellas Farai

Henen finished stabbing to death the player killer he had just found.

He then took off his vitual reality equiptment and posted in the PKer database

ikillguys32587
    level: 10
    Number of PKing acusations: 45
    Number proven:10

He then got back into the game."That'll teach you." Henen walked away, as he walked through the root town he was in deep thought,"Is it really a PKer that is deleting people, how could they gain access to the syste it would take great hacking skill" As he walked along he saw all these players"I will protect them, this is our safe haven and it shall not be overun by PK scum"

TAGS: Anyone

22. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006

not even 5 seconds into the area they were attacked, and 5 seconds after that their attackes where short a member. The remaining two a Blade Brandier and a Flick Reaper, lunged, the Flick reaper for Lacuna and the Blade Brander at Mandos.

Lacuna swung his blade high from his right to his left, and cought the blade of the Flick Reapers scyth, the momentum of which yanked the flip reaper downwards towards the ground. Lacuna then swing the left side of his body foward shifting the momentum of his blade and bringing the flat of it against the neck of the flick reaper with a sickning crack. the body of the Reaper fell to the ground. "Bait that!"

23. chubby_gundark

Oct 7, 2003
    ^Ruined Dragon Lute

Mandos watched as Lacuna took care of the Flick Reaper rather hastily, he then turned his attention towards the remaining Blade Brandier. The PK looked nervous now, fully aware of his fate. He started to back away slowly as Mandos took two rather large steps forward and started to speak, ''What do you know of the mysterious Flick Reaper who's been accused of deleting characters?'' the PK looked nervous beyond words, he shook his head and tried to put on a nonchalant face ''I don't know nothin about no Flick Reaper'' The PK said, obviously lying ''wrong answer'' Mandos said as he swung his blade at the Brandiers legs, knocking him down with a loud sounding crack.

''Alright, alright I saw a pretty strange looking Flick Reaper at ^Vulcan Saint's Refuse when I was jumping all the fools who went lookin for him after that post. I booked after I saw him of course''

Mandos nodded at the PK, he then lifted his blade high and brought it down on the Pk resulting in a dull thud. He turned to Lacuna ''Think we should check it out, we'll have to keep our guard up... almost anywhere for PK's''.

24. Kahn_Iceay

Mar 5, 2006

Lucuna nodded to Mandos, "Yeah, just give me a moment." He walked over the the flick reaper he had nocked down, he was still moving. Lacuna kneeled beside him and stabed his blade into the ground next to the PKers head. "Your going to do me a Favor."

"Y-yeah sure anything just name it." he stutered, the lose of life even a virtual one was something to fear.

"Tell all your PKing friends, that the Hunt is on. They will have no where to run now." He stood and pulled the blade out of the ground.

"Sure. Whatever you say, i'll tell them." the Reaper started to rise.

"oh, one more thing. No quater should be asked, for non will be given." Lacuna fliked his wrist bringing the edge of his blade acrose the neck of the Reaper, depleating his health. he then looked at mandos, "^Vulcan Saint's Refuse? Lets hit it, unless you want to go through the dungeon first?"

25. Digi_Raver

Jul 14, 2006
    IC: Wulf

Wulf casually walked around Root Town, noticing the noobs and the shops, she decided she'd ease-drop on the locals, wondering if they had any info on PKers. She'd leaned up against a wall and twitched her ears in the direction of two players, she'd heard them talking about ^Ruined Dragon Lute, the hide out for Pkers, and cheaters... Wulf noticed a Macabre Dancer who seemed to linger around Root Town, Wulf waltzed up to her,

"Hello dear, are you looking for something or someone?" Wulf asked, she hadn't seen a MD in awhile, she just thought she'd make some small talk... she smiled sweetly at the MD while she waited for a reply.....

Tag: twITCH_

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.