main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Had fun with KOTOR. Should I get KOTOR 2?

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by chewieblue, Jan 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chewieblue

chewieblue Jedi Youngling

Jan 3, 2005
    This is my first post, so... hi all. =)

So yeah, I really enjoyed playing through KOTOR and was wondering how different the sequel is in terms of the gameplay -- whether it's radically different or if it's the same gameplay with just a different story and premise.

I can't say I was a fan of the long-winded conversations in KOTOR, and the combat system took some getting used to, but in the end, I was thoroughly entertained.

2. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    KotOR2 uses the same engine, so it's practically the same gameplay with some enhancements (more feats, prestige classes etc).

From what I hear it's quite good, though I have to wait a few more weeks to play it.

3. Jango10

Jango10 Jedi Master star 5

Sep 22, 2002
    KOTOR 2 is fun, but the first one surpasses it as far as a storyline goes. The gameplay is the same. There are long conversations, but hey, its an rpg, that's what you get. I say you should get KOTOR 2.

4. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'd say...no. I find KOTOR 2 to be an unsatisfying, rush-job of a game. It's chock-full of glitches, unending loading screens, recycled locales (Korriban and Dantooine) and unimpressively wimpy Sithlords, just to name a few of the things that annoy me about the game. And then there's the story. While it's somewhat captivating at the beginning, it has little subplots that go nowhere and the whole thing just falls apart at the end. That and that it has one of the most underwhelming (if not downright sucky) ending cutscenes -- regardless of your alignment -- I have ever seen in a video game. KOTOR 1 is a better game by far, IMHO.

5. ig-86

ig-86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    I'd say yes, If your in love with star wars like me, then you should. The story line, even though not as dynamic as the first, is quite addicting. I found myself playing for hours and hours straight. Its a darker game, kind of goes by really fast because of ur constant missions and stuff. The new customization i think is great plus a few good force powers. If u want to continue the story and learn more about the galaxy, BUY IT REGARDLESS, I enjoyed it.

WARNING:
    u may not like it as much as the first one...

6. Fallen_Jedi21

Fallen_Jedi21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 22, 2004
    If you can, wait for PC so some of the glitches are fixed, but if you only have XBox, rent it first to see if you like it.

7. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    KOTORII is good enough... until the final confrontations.

8. ig-86

ig-86 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 18, 2004
    Darth_Guy, is right... The ending was rushed...

9. Darth_Tynaus

Darth_Tynaus Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 22, 2003
    So, it is still a fun game. I would get it if you liked the first one.

10. FreakinSweet

FreakinSweet Jedi Youngling

Sep 29, 2003
    You really shouldn't buy it. There are so many bugs in this game. Just look through this forum and other forums for KOTOR 2 and you'll see all the complaints. I just got this game and I keep freezing when I get to this one point an hour into the game.

You should probably rent the game. Blockbuster has this new "no late fee" poicy that will basically let you keep the game for another 7 days. You can even keep it 30 days and only pay a small restocking fee.

If you want to buy it, wait for the PC version. Even if you don't have a PC, they might end up releasing an updated version for xbox around the time of the PC version or they might have updates though xbox live.

11. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    I enjoy KOTOR 2 equally if not more than KOTOR. It's definately worth buying if you liked the original.

12. Evil Incarnate

Evil Incarnate Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 18, 2003
    I thought the game was better then the first, but the storyline is a little lacking.

Over all it's a great game, so get it.

Evil.

13. JediGaven

JediGaven Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2004
    Great game, and as said before the storyline isn't what it was expected to be. It's still a great game and it still has a compelling story. Buy.

14. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Rent it first and see what you think. I was supremely disappointed in the ending and somewhat with the fact that there are no romance options and your character is so strong in areas that the game is almost too easy.

15. CETS4491

CETS4491 Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 28, 2004
    I thought this game was really good a little better than the first even its one of my favorite game i like it better than halo 2 even i got this and halo 2 for christmas and i play this far longer I like it

~The only flaws that i founnd was no online, Lags a~ ~little and the end was kinda crap~

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    ...and your character is so strong in areas that the game is almost too easy.

Are you kidding? I played at the hardest difficulty level and I was forced to improvise whenever I faced more than one enemy. "Easy" may be too easy, though. :p

17. Yomin_Carr

Yomin_Carr Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I'd get KOTOR 2 if I were you, it's not as good as the original (at least up to the first few levels that I've played), but it's still a very good game.

18. Darth-Zame43

Darth-Zame43 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 6, 2004
    I hated the whole time I was on Peragius(Don't know if I spelled it right) But I do like the game a lot. I enjoy the story as much as the first one, if not more. I would get it.

19. Lucky_Luke

Lucky_Luke Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 10, 2004
    When do we get it in Europe? Feb 6 or Feb 14 - I am not sure. Anyway: approx. one month left! [face_dancing]

LL :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.