main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Richmond,VA Had my wisdom teeth removed yesterday (7/6/06)

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by Underpaid_Soldier, Jul 7, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Underpaid_Soldier

Underpaid_Soldier Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 3, 2003
    Yep, I had all 4 of my wisdom teeth (2 impacted) removed yesterday afternoon. Very nice doctor and assistant, they filled me up with laughing gas (in which I proceeded to chuckle and talk real loud), last thing I remember before going under with the I.V. hooked up to me, was we were talking about Star Wars. Last thing I asked the doctor was "Have you seen the Classic Trilogy?" I wake up, and I'm being wheeled out of the office into the car, and I'm trying to communicate with my dad, which to the amusement of my dad and the guy pushing the wheelchair, they couldn't understand me with my mouth being numb and having guass (typo) shoved in my mouth.

Then on the drive home, I have a piece of paper where I wrote a few lines to him on the way down. Then at the advice of my dad, I went to sleep. This is what I wrote:

"I'm forgetting."

"When the doctor gave me the I.V., I was expecting to be a slow build up."

"But, I don't remember even closing my eyes."

"So I think through surgery, my eyes were open."

"Scary."

"No wonder they let someone else drive."

"Call Mom to let her know I'm done."

We arrive home, felt a little dizzy, and the pain wasn't minimal. I never got the chance to thank the doctor, oh well. I'm now on a daily diet of Juicy Juice, apple sauce, and pudding.

2. James3

James3 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2006
    Man it has been a long time since I had to get that done but I remember the dopey feeling I had while they had me on painkillers. Hope you have a speedy recovery.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.