main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hai Jinks 19-84

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by HyeJinx1984, Apr 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HyeJinx1984

HyeJinx1984 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 23, 2009
    Yea, that's totally my Assassination Droid name ;)

In any case, I was directed here from the SWTOR forums. I'm a long time, diehard SW fan (Books, movies, comics, etc...) but it wasn't until TOR was announced that I tried getting in touch with an online community. I started out at the TOR forums since , I'm assuming like most people here, I'm chomping at the bit for that game. However, they said if I REALLY want a good SW Online Fan Base experience to head over to here...

SO HERE I AM!

I'll probably be posting a lot about EU stuff, EU stuff relating to the movies, and about how things link together between characters and situations. Becuase I'm anal like that and want to know every little thing there is to know. Anyway, hope it'll be fun for everyone!

Jinx!

2. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    Welcome to the boards Jinx![:D]
    So you are into the EU, too huh? Rex and Jag will be pleased, they are always badgering newbies to join the EU community!

Anyways, welcome. There really is so much here, you can't really put it in one post.
    But who can forget the pillow fighting thread?:D

If the whole board system is a little overwhelming, we have an Adoptions Program, with some really friendly oldbies who will gladly show you around...
    But if you have any problems, don't be afriad to ask, no-one bites (much)

3. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Welcome to the forums! :D

4. Lady_Belligerent

Lady_Belligerent Queen of the RPF, SWC, C&P, and Pancakes & Waffles star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 29, 2008
    Hi! You'll find loads of EU fans over on the EUC board, I hope to see you over there.:)

Have you read Outcast yet?

5. HyeJinx1984

Apr 23, 2009
    Nope, I try to read the books (relatively) in order of publication, and I haven't even finished Legacy of the Force series yet :eek:

I hope I start a trend with my sig, it will be cool to see what SW related product (book or game) people are currently working their way through :D

6. Qui-Gon_Reborn

Qui-Gon_Reborn Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 11, 2008
    Welcome to the forums!! You'll love it here...and Outcast. :D

7. Lexi

Lexi Jedi Master star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Welcome! [:D]

That sig thing is actually a great idea.

8. Rew

Rew Chosen One star 5

Dec 22, 2008
    Welcome! And I see you've got the same idea as I about sig reading updates--great minds think alike! ;)

As such, I heartily second Lexi's compliment. :)

9. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome HyeJinx1984! :)

Sorry that I have to ask, but what does TOR stand for? [face_blush] It's really cool to hear others are directing you to this forum. I hope we meet your expections. :)

Have you taken a look at your local FanForce (FF)? There you can even meet people from your local area online and in RL if you want to. It's much fun. :)

Your sig idea is interesting, but I don't think I follow your example, since it would mean that I stop changing my sig for years. :p

Enjoy your stay! :)

10. HyeJinx1984

Apr 23, 2009
    Haha, TOR = The Old Republic, the new MMO coming from BioWare. I absolutely can't wait for it, hopefully it's pulled off better than *shudders violently, looking around* ...Galaxies... god that was bad...

Star Wars: The Old Republic - Official Site

11. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Ah, The Old Republic! Now it's clear. :)

I haven't player Galaxies, so I can't say much about it. Right now I'm playing Battlefront II, which I couldn't for years because of my computer being too slow. But it's running fast and I enjoy this game (as long as it's on the ground). ;) :)

12. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    I LOVE Battlefront 2! I love space battles- unfortunatly my computer has a horrible habit of crashing during play- Alas no TnL. Poor Laptop.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.