Hail to the Redskins!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by Juliet316, Nov 16, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Okay, okay, I know this season hasn't been the best for us, but the Washington Redskins have such a storied and rich history that, even if things aren't going our way this season, we can still talk about the glory days of our beloved team.

[image=http://www.logoshak.com/~asgsport/images/Washington_Redskins.gif]

So come one, come all! Feel free to discuss your favorite moments of Redskin team history and your hopes for the future.

For me my favorite moment was the 1991 Superbowl.

[image=http://www.cardstocomics.com/comics/nfl74Fleer93.jpg]

My fondest wish is that Gibbs sticks around one more year and gets Snyder to fire Al Saunders. Gibbs never should have given up offensive playcalling and yet he's being used as the scapegoat for much of the 'Skins offensive collapse this season. :mad:

2. ObiWan506 Former Head Admin

star 7
    What do you expect out of Campbell the rest of the season? Romo-esq?
  3. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Honestly, it's hard to say. If this were any other season I would say I expect very little to the worst out of Campbell, but then again the backup QB's this season have done very well for themselves in replacing the veterens.

Given this is the Redskins, I'll go for somewhere in the middle, as long as he doesn't horrifically lose games for us.

In this instance it was the right call: The season's a wash in any event, might as well give the rookie some playing time. Brunell will probably be back next year.
  4. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Our division rules, except for that one team that's never managed to win a Superbowl. ;)
  5. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I hope they don't win this year's Superbowl either.

:mad:
  6. NorCalBirdz Jedi Master

star 4
    I don't think you need to worry [face_frustrated]

As for the Redskins, the whole franchise needs a change of philosophy. This whole "add a bunch of free agents" every summer isn't working. They need to wipe the slate clean IMO and go for young talent, even if it means a few horrible seasons.
  7. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I thought I was the only one who hated Al Saunders! :eek:
  8. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Nope. If KC wants him back they can have him.
  9. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    They have to pay the rest of his contract because we shouldn't be forced to have to pay for dog ****.
  10. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Indeed not. I hope it is a very short tenure for Saunders, Gibbs musters up enough for one more season and does the offensive plays next year.
  11. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    What made them decide to have Gibbs not call the plays anyways?
  12. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    I wish I knew. Ask Dan Snyder that one. he's the one who convinced Gibbs it would be a good idea in the first place.:mad:
  13. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    When's the last time Dan had a good idea?
  14. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Hiring Gibbs back.
  15. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    D'oh you were suppose to say never! :p
  16. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Exactly how bad of a salary cap situation are the Redskins going to be in the next several years? I know they spent a ton of money in the offseason that hasn't garnered the kind of results they were hoping for.
  17. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
  18. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    According to a recent sports article I read(wish I could remember where), right now they have a little over $100k between them and the cap ceiling for this season. God help them if they need to sign anyone at this point to fill in roster gaps.

19. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Well, another season is over and instead of going out with a win, the Skins blew it by helping the Giants get into the playoffs and essentially saving Tom Coughlin's job.

So what improvements do us Redskins fans feel need to be made in this offseason to make sure we get back to where we want to be (which is the Super Bowl)

I have two ideas:

1) if the Eagles don't want Jeff Garcia after this miraculas run this season, I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having him here. :)

2)FIRE AL SAUNDERS! :mad:
  20. DarthIntegral Force Ghost

star 7
    Jason Campbell didn't show you enough? You'd bring in a vet to start over him? Wouldn't that stunt his progress and kill all of his confidence?
  21. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
    Joe Gibbs seems like his lost his touch for the NFL, during his Nascar ownership. Perhaps he should resign, and let the organization look for fresh blood for their head coach.
  22. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7

His touch would be just fine if he were allowed to call the offensive plays again. He did it last year and we beat the Bucs in the first round. Al Saunders didn't do jack for us this year.

I say fire Saunders first before you get rid of Gibbs.
  23. hear+soul Force Ghost

star 6
    We were WAY over before last season. It all worked out. Always does. We always win the Spring Superbowl, remember?

Jeff Garcia- No thanks. I'll take Cambell over him. Cambell is young, mobile, accurate... He's going to be a big time QB. If nothing else, he'll get the job done.

Al Saunders- Don't think the problem was him, really. I blame the defense more. We got scared. Plus we needed DBs. Which is why we were scared. We can't not blitz and expect to force turnovers or sacks. We just weren't as aggressive as last year.

Dan Snyder = suck. Stop throwing away our draft choices!!!!
  24. Master_Kast7 Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I agree our defense was our biggest problem. The offense did farely well with Campbell running the offense.

~Liar, lawyer, Mirror for ya, What's the difference? Kangaroo be stoned, He's guilty as the government~
  25. Juliet316 Streak for Colors Bonanza Winner

Game Winner
    star 7
    Upping so we can discuss the Redskins off season so far, and gearing up for the training camps and pre - and regular season games.:)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.