main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Hair - A Qui-Gon/Obi-Wan Humor oneshot

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Jedi-Gon, Apr 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    Title: Hair
    Author: Jedi-Gon
    Timeframe: Pre-TPM, Obi-Wan is almost 16
    Genre: Humor
    Summary: For a mission, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon have to alter their appearances.

A random little vig that has been floating around in my head for quite some time now. It was inspired when I saw a picture of Ewan Mcgregor before TPM (he had long hair). :D Enjoy!

------------------------

?I still don't see why in the name of the Force this is necessary.?

Qui-Gon sighed. How many times must he explain it? ?The Senate sent us to the Yioshi people to propose an alliance with the Republic. If we want to give a good first impression, we need to honor their customs as best we can, without overstepping the line.?

?Yes, but,? Obi-Wan started to protest, motioning to his reflection in the mirror. ?Why this?!? He was speaking of his hair, which now reached down past his shoulders ? about the length of his padawan braid.

?It is customary for all people of the Yioshi area, men and women alike, to wear their hair long. If you were to arrive there with short hair, they would think you terribly immodest.? Qui-Gon answered, forcing a calm mask to hide his shortening patience. Obi-Wan sulked, arms crossed, as Qui-Gon ran a comb through his stick-straight ginger locks.

?I look like a girl.? He complained. Qui-Gon shook his head slightly.

?You do not look like a girl, Obi-Wan.? Qui-Gon replied. And he was telling the truth. With his sixteenth birthday only a few months away, Obi-Wan's shoulders were beginning to broaden, his voice was deepening, and his face was growing out of its childlike chubbiness. He definitely did not look feminine. ?In fact, I think you look quite fine. Besides,? Qui-Gon started, giving Obi-Wan's reflection a very pointed look, ?Some men do wear their hair long.? At his master's look, Obi-Wan sobered. He still felt weird. Especially after the laughing and giggling he had heard when he left his friends earlier that morning. He supposed it would have been better if he had slowly grown his hair out, like Qui-Gon had over the years, but, because of short notice, he had simply gone to 'The Outfitters'.

The Outfitters were a group that worked almost exclusively for the Jedi, the Coruscanti police force, and other such groups. They specialized in taking a person and turning them into a completely different person, for undercover cases, witness protection programs, and such instances. And, in recent months, they had gotten their hands on a chemical that boosted the growth of different types of body cells. Usually, it was used in hospital patients who needed to produce more blood cells, but, there was also a variety that worked on hair. And, much to Obi-Wan's chagrin, after some careful measuring and a hair-washing, his hair had gone from padawan-cut to past his shoulders, overnight.

And so, here he sat, Qui-Gon combing out the tangles tediously with a comb as they flew to the small, material-rich planet on which the Yioshi people lived.

?So.? Obi-Wan said, ?Once we get there, we are going to present the idea of an alliance to the prime minister, right??

?Yes.?

?And... If he agrees, we have the paperwork...

?Yes...?

?But... What if he refuses??

?What do you think??

?Well...? Obi-Wan thought for a moment. ?I suppose it would be natural to try and negotiate with him, without offending him ? a tricky business... After that, we could go to his advisors. After that, we would go down the chain of influential people. If nothing worked, we return, and report that the prime minister will not be affiliating with the Republic.?

?Good.? Qui-Gon said, smiling proudly. His padawan had grown very much in the past three years. ?There will probably be many more complications than what you implied, but yes, that is the basic idea.? Silence ensued, and Qui-Gon continued to calmly comb out the remaining tangles in Obi-Wan's hair.

All seemed quiet, but Obi-Wan was wrapped up in his own thoughts. Slowly, he looked back and forth from his master's reflection, and his own reflection. He felt

2. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was very cute. I liked that they looked alike! Sweet.

3. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Cute fic. I liked the way the way others thought Qui was Obi's father because they looked alike! :) Again, very cute!

4. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    I love it.

?Well, we are here to please the people. Yes, you are to call me 'father', son.? Qui-Gon replied. Obi-Wan chuckled.

?Yes, father.? He paused, and glanced in a mirror that hung on the wall. ?But... If you're my father, how'd I end up so short??

Obi-Wan's comment elicited a laugh from his 'father', who walked over to the mirror, beside Obi-Wan. ?That may forever remain a mystery, Obi-Wan.?

Wonderfully done. Bravo.

5. slow_dawn

slow_dawn Jedi Master star 2

Apr 18, 2006
    This was another great fic. I really enjoyed they way you present Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan's relationship. Keep it up!

6. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Awww, I loved this story! [face_love] (In case you haven't noticed yet, I love all your stories, Jedi-Gon, you're a wonderful writer! :D)

?And what exactly are you implying, Padawan? That I looked old before??

Obi-Wan quickly turned to the defensive. ?What? No! I simply meant to say...? He paused very briefly, ?That, in shaving off your beard... You have done a very good job in... Preserving your true age.? Obi-Wan finished off the extremely close rebound with a winning smile. Qui-Gon laughed out loud.

?You sound like a diplomat.? The master stated.
    [face_laugh]

?Do you think we look that much alike, Master?? He wanted to know. Qui-Gon looked into the mirror thoughtfully.

?Perhaps.? He said. He looked down at Obi-Wan. ?I think it's the hair.? With that, the smiling master pulled his long-haired 'son' into a gentle hug.
    [face_love] Just lovely!!

Thank you for another wonderful story, Jedi-Gon! [:D]

7. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Loved it: Father and son yes that's their relation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.